• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Covers that are at least as good as the original

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these are as good or better than the original. Some aren't, but I like em all.

Funkadelic being fronted by Ruth Copeland doing the Stones Gimme Shelter

Mandy Moore doing Rihanna's Umbrella

Johnnhy Cash doing Nine Inch Nails Hurt

Nina Gordon doing Ice Cube's verse on NWA's Straight Outta Compton

Lee Moses during the Mama's n Poppa's California Dreamin

Eddie Hazel doing the Mommas n Poppa's California Dreamin
Eddie Hazel - California Dreamin'

O'Keefe Music Foudation doing Tool's 46 and 2
Kids Cover 46 and 2 by Tool / O'Keefe Music Foundation

Melody Angel's acoustic version of Stevie Wonder's MasterBlaster Jammin
Kids Cover 46 and 2 by Tool / O'Keefe Music Foundation

A girl and her dad doing Alice In Chains Rooster
Rooster (Acoustic Alice In Chains) w/ My DAD!

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never could be near as good as Prince but Adam Levine gives a hell of a rendition of Purple Rain.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Lee Moses just killin it with his rendition of Hey Joe.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and their take on the classic Stagger Lee. There's NSFW and then there's this. Don't play this at work, church, or around anyone with delicate sensibilities. They could very well catch the vapors.
The Isley Brothers and a mash up of Neil Young's Ohio and Jimi/Gypsies Machine Gun

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Lovin Criminals doing the rap classic Microphone Fiend from Eric B and Rakim

Rage covering Cypress Hills How I Could Just Kill A Man

A good ol' boy covering the Ice Cube classic Givin Up The Nappy Dugout. Another one not for those with delicate sensibilities or at work or around grandma etc etc etc

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back then the music was real and nobody lip-synced their garbage…sorry you missed the ride back then, it was glorious.
Ugh I'm glad I did miss it. Some of the most overrated bands of all time back then.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh I'm glad I did miss it. Some of the most overrated bands of all time back then.

Heh. I don't know what type of music you like. I like all types myself and while I'll confess I love the music I grew up with the best. That has more to do with me, not today's music being shitty. Music is as great as its ever been right now. Its just that the delivery systems have changed so radically and advertising has completely taken over any and all mainstream venues.

Maybe these will be updated enough for you.

This is the original Handcuffs by Parliament, the world's greatest funk band imho.

This is a cover of Handcuffs from The Resentements an alternative country band.

This is Sly and the Family Stone and their classic If You Want Me To Stay.

This is Anthony Kiedis and Josh Klinghoffer of RHCP doing an acoustic version of If You Want Me To Stay. Kiedis doesn't quite have the voice for it imo, but does OK. I ike Klinghoffer's acoustic playing.

I'm gonna assume you're already familiar with Black Sabbath. Here's a band called Twin Earth doing a cover of Symptom of the Universe & Johnny Blade. Good band with a damn fine drummer, but they need a front man or woman in a real way.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don`t think the bands were over rated,just that the instruments sound better than ever before.......And the different styles of the way bands play the songs....

who`d ever think think that Simon and Garfunkels "Sound of Silence"(which I hate),was done superbly by a hard rock band?

And I was born in 62 and left the 60`s and 70`s way back there..............I love today`s music better than ever.