• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins to the jets or broncos

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I'm betting on the Cards, better return per dollar. Cousins wants to win, so the Jets are a longer shot, he recently shuddered when asked about Denver, and I feel I gave very logical, rational reasons yesterday why Denver isn't a fit for either if them. I'd bet a dollar each on all the remaining teams, save the Browns

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the odds are for none of those teams?
With rumors that Lucks recovery is taking longer than expected, imagine the Colts shocking the world by acquiring Cousins.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets or Cards.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the odds are for none of those teams?
With rumors that Lucks recovery is taking longer than expected, imagine the Colts shocking the world by acquiring Cousins.
I've been wondering that myself. They'd almost have to trade or release Luck to make it happen, wouldn't they? Between the two of them, that would be dang near half the availble cap.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering that only Kyle Slotter is under contract in Minnesota, we might be snoozing too hard on the Vikes too. I know its pretty much assumed they'll keep at least one of Bradford, Bridgewater, and Keenum, but, never know

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering that myself. They'd almost have to trade or release Luck to make it happen, wouldn't they? Between the two of them, that would be dang near half the availble cap.
just trying to think outside the box.
Brees is a UFA, right? And the saints will need a QB for the future.
Or what if Cousins puts a group of investors together and buys the Panthers - then makes himself the starting QB.
Unlikely probably.
But stranger things have happened.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be the Jets... that's a jets thing to do... to get an overrated VETERAN QB, so you don't have to draft for an early QB, and get a defensive player instead of filling out an offensive need...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just trying to think outside the box.
Brees is a UFA, right? And the saints will need a QB for the future.
Or what if Cousins puts a group of investors together and buys the Panthers - then makes himself the starting QB.
Unlikely probably.
But stranger things have happened.
Ha, wouldn't that be something? Sorry Can, have a seat, lol

Bree's is another one we all sleep on. I, like almost everyone else, assumes its a given he'll stay in N.O., but, as you said, stranger thing can happen. If that doesn't happen, that'll really shake the league up.

Let's not forget about AJ McArron either. Even if he loses his grievance, very likely he forces a trade out of Cincy

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am preparing myself to be disappointed. I do not want to see him as a Jet, more than I want to see him as a Bill. I'm calling Arizona too.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am preparing myself to be disappointed. I do not want to see him as a Jet, more than I want to see him as a Bill. I'm calling Arizona too.

As a bill fan, why would you NOT want the Jets to get him?? it is such a backwards move....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a bill fan, why would you NOT want the Jets to get him?? it is such a backwards move....

I like Cousins. He would make the Jets harder to beat.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cousins. He would make the Jets harder to beat.

always find it interesting how people have different views.... You like him, i dont... dont see him to be much better than Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont see him to be much better than Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown
I own Cousins in D2 so I'm hoping it was more his circumstances than him.
The Redskins offense was pretty good in 2015 and 2016.
Cousins was completing nearly 69% and 67% of his passes in the those seasons.

Then in 2017 Cavanaugh took over as OC for the Skins.
Hadn't called an NFL play in 13 years.
Under Cavanaugh, the Skins rushing attack averaged a lowly 3.6 ypc. (30th)
Cousins also got sacked for the most negative yards. (Sacked 5th most.)
I'd like to think there is a correlation to the offense going downhill and Cavanaugh taking over as OC.

Meanwhile, Cousins ranked 7th in passing yards.
Ranked 8th in TD passes.
In fact, Cousins finished in the top 10 in just about every QB statistic last season.

But if the Redskins believe that it was Cousins, and want to move on from him, oh well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be the Jets... that's a jets thing to do... to get an overrated VETERAN QB, so you don't have to draft for an early QB, and get a defensive player instead of filling out an offensive need...

Will not be the Jets.

Cousins is no fool.

He will go to either Denver, Jacksonville, or Minnesota who has more cap space than just about anybody.

I will be shocked if Cousins takes the highest dollar offer with no consideration of winning. He just isn't that kind of guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own Cousins in D2 so I'm hoping it was more his circumstances than him.
The Redskins offense was pretty good in 2015 and 2016.
Cousins was completing nearly 69% and 67% of his passes in the those seasons.

Then in 2017 Cavanaugh took over as OC for the Skins.
Hadn't called an NFL play in 13 years.
Under Cavanaugh, the Skins rushing attack averaged a lowly 3.6 ypc. (30th)
Cousins also got sacked for the most negative yards. (Sacked 5th most.)
I'd like to think there is a correlation to the offense going downhill and Cavanaugh taking over as OC.

Meanwhile, Cousins ranked 7th in passing yards.
Ranked 8th in TD passes.
In fact, Cousins finished in the top 10 in just about every QB statistic last season.

But if the Redskins believe that it was Cousins, and want to move on from him, oh well.

The Redskins FO is completely incompetent.

The entire offensive line was injured starting about week 4. Guys that were active were playing through multiple injuries. While the running backs were not good, the line play was maybe worse.

Also, Pryor sucked, Reed barely played, yet Cousins still posted solid numbers. He is good. Not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he is good enough to win with quality pieces around him.

The fact that Bruce Allen failed to lock him up 2 years ago, then traded one of our best defensive players and a valuable pick for a 33 year old version of Cousins is ludicrous. I can't in good faith continue to root for the Redskins as long as Allen is calling the shots. He is the worst GM in football and he continues to make the same mistakes.

The Skins have had a pretty good trove of assets that have been squandered for years. They are perpetually 8-8 because of Allen's continual decision to hire big names instead of adding depth and building the right way. The Redskins will never be relevant as long as he is there.

Mediocre records are on Allen, not Cousins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always find it interesting how people have different views.... You like him, i dont... dont see him to be much better than Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown

He is much, much better. Those guys aren't viable NFL starters. Cousins is a top 10 QB

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, wouldn't that be something? Sorry Can, have a seat, lol

Bree's is another one we all sleep on. I, like almost everyone else, assumes its a given he'll stay in N.O., but, as you said, stranger thing can happen. If that doesn't happen, that'll really shake the league up.

Let's not forget about AJ McArron either. Even if he loses his grievance, very likely he forces a trade out of Cincy

Brees is staying. 100% certain.

NO is building a super Bowl contending roster. They don't have a Brees replacement yet, and will not spend on a guy like Cousins when they can get Brees for a hometown discount.