• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins to the jets or broncos

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we've got differing definitions on good, and I don't care enough as to whether he's number 12 or 20 to get into a lengthy debate about it. But, Luck being injured and Brady/Bree's being 40 doesn't mean they aren't currently better QB's going into 2018.

That is kind of it though.

There is a very legit case to be made for Cousins as top 10. He also commands more money on the open market than some of the "definitely better" options would because of their age. There is no legit case to be for 19 QBs being better than Cousins. That is pretty insane, truthfully.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take from the last handful of posts - Tlance likes Cousins. .... :2cents:

Yep.

Enough that I can't stomach the thought of rooting for the Redskins again until Bruce Allen is gone. I am officially on break until that happens.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play another game.

If every single QB were immediately made FAs, how many would command more guaranteed money than Cousins on the open market?

Here are the only definites, IMO:

Rodgers
Wilson
Wentz

Probably Stafford, maybe Ryan.

That is the list folks.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is kind of it though.

There is a very legit case to be made for Cousins as top 10. He also commands more money on the open market than some of the "definitely better" options would because of their age. There is no legit case to be for 19 QBs being better than Cousins. That is pretty insane, truthfully.
True, perhaps when I said its "debatable that he's better than..." it came off stronger than I intended it to. Your probably right that there isn't a legit case to say they're better, but, IMHO, there are legit cases that could be argued that they are as good as, not better, but in the same class/tier, or at least close. And to be in that sort of elite "top 10" I don't want there to be arguable similarities to Andy Dalton, ya know?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play another game.

If every single QB were immediately made FAs, how many would command more guaranteed money than Cousins on the open market?

Here are the only definites, IMO:

Rodgers
Wilson
Wentz

Probably Stafford, maybe Ryan.

That is the list folks.
Per year or in total? Per year, Rivers, Ben, Brees and Brady, would all easily surpass him. And Luck would also, in either instance. But regardless, as Flacco can attest to, money is in no way a good indicator of who is the best

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently he wants the vikings

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per year or in total? Per year, Rivers, Ben, Brees and Brady, would all easily surpass him. And Luck would also, in either instance. But regardless, as Flacco can attest to, money is in no way a good indicator of who is the best

Total.

I agree that $ isn't the best indicator, but his numbers speak for themselves.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all other factors being equal , meaning $ he also said it would be great if the Broncos were interested. I’m still betting on the Browns.
well, think about what he said..he'd love it if they were interested . not that he wanted to go there, which he has pretty much laughed off not more than a few weeks ago. Knowing that you're going to be wined and dined and teams will be bidding for your services, of course the more teams interested the better.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals makes the most sense to me.
Me too. Vikes are a close second though. If he wants a win now situation, of his list of possible suitors, they're easily the front runner. But I'm really of the opinion their option A will be Keenum or Bridgewater at much cheaper price, and no learning curve/chemistry issues.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Vikes are a close second though. If he wants a win now situation, of his list of possible suitors, they're easily the front runner. But I'm really of the opinion their option A will be Keenum or Bridgewater at much cheaper price, and no learning curve/chemistry issues.
I think Teddy gets his job back when all is said and done.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are near the bottom of the league in cap space and Cousin will easily be the most expensive free agent on the market this season. I know Cousins has put out that he wants to play with a good team and certainly the Cardinal would be a great fit in that regard, but while Cousin may accept less to play with a winning team he’s not going to accept millions less. This is his last big payday, I don’t care what kind of lip service he gives about it “not being about the biggest offer” money matters. I’ve seen predictions that he’ll get a average of 27 to 28 million yearly and a long term contract. It could be even more. He’s not accepting 22 million average for 5 years when he can make 28 million average for 5 years , because he would be leaving 30 mil on the table. Just not going to happen.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading on a interview with Cousins where he talked about how quickly things can change in the NFL and he mentioned how the Jags went from being cellar dwellers to playing in the AFL championship game in a short time span.....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Teddy gets his job back when all is said and done.
Disagree.
I mean, yes, Teddy could very well assume his job as the starting QB.
However, as much as Teddy was making strides in his 2nd season, it's not like he was setting the world on fire.
He started all 16 games and ranked 22nd in passing yards. 26th in TD passes.

Cousins would be crazy to pass up Minnesota IMO.
They have a young, proven receiving core. They have a 2nd-year RB in Cook (if he stays healthy).
And they have a stingy defense.

Zona on the other hand has a receiving core that can't seem to stay healthy.
They have a new coach Wilkes who is defensive minded.
They hired McCoy who lost his job since he wasn't very creative with Denver's offense.
This is probably Larry Fitzgerald's last season, so his most reliable target is gone after 2018.
Seems more like a team on the mend/build phase.

Denver IMO is not much better.
Great receivers. But TE and RB are arguably mediocre.
I will say that the only thing Denver has going in its favor is that it can probably win that division.
Zona may have it's hands full with SEA, LAR and even SF.
Vikes can win the division, but the Pack are still the biggest threat.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.
I mean, yes, Teddy could very well assume his job as the starting QB.
However, as much as Teddy was making strides in his 2nd season, it's not like he was setting the world on fire.
He started all 16 games and ranked 22nd in passing yards. 26th in TD passes.

Cousins would be crazy to pass up Minnesota IMO.
They have a young, proven receiving core. They have a 2nd-year RB in Cook (if he stays healthy).
And they have a stingy defense.

Zona on the other hand has a receiving core that can't seem to stay healthy.
They have a new coach Wilkes who is defensive minded.
They hired McCoy who lost his job since he wasn't very creative with Denver's offense.
This is probably Larry Fitzgerald's last season, so his most reliable target is gone after 2018.
Seems more like a team on the mend/build phase.

Denver IMO is not much better.
Great receivers. But TE and RB are arguably mediocre.
I will say that the only thing Denver has going in its favor is that it can probably win that division.
Zona may have it's hands full with SEA, LAR and even SF.
Vikes can win the division, but the Pack are still the biggest threat.

I agree 100%.

I also think Minny would be foolish to bet on any of the 3 incumbents. Keenum is who he is, you can't rely on Bradford to stay healthy, and who knows if Teddy will ever be a starting caliber QB again. Too much uncertainty there. Cousins can make them serious contenders for the next 2 years at least, and their window is now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings make a lot of sense for Cousins. Have not really seen anything that indicates they are interested in Cousins though. Think some GMs feel Cousin is a product of the system he played in and think his potential salary is way out of whack.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny... and their window is now.
^^^^ Boom.

Vikings make a lot of sense for Cousins. Have not really seen anything that indicates they are interested in Cousins though.
Trust me, as a Bears fan I don't want to see Cousins in Minny.
But the situation is perfect if he wants to play for a winner.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ Boom.

Trust me, as a Bears fan I don't want to see Cousins in Minny.
But the situation is perfect if he wants to play for a winner.

Oh I think he would love to play for the Vikings and they got the cap space, still......until I see the Vikings return the interest I’m going with the Browns.