• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins seeking $30M annually over 3-4 years

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol he is not worth that at all dude was all about the money from the beginning

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports believes the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes will come down to the Broncos and Vikings.

Robinson reiterated Cousins' desire to play for a contender, which would seem to eliminate the Browns and Jets. Rather than sign a six or seven-year deal, which is customary for franchise QBs, Robinson expects Cousins to land a three or four-year pact in the range of $30 million annually with most of that money guaranteed. With over $48 million in available cap space, the Vikings could easily accommodate a contract of that magnitude. To afford Cousins, the Broncos ($23.8 million in cap space) may have to make some sacrifices.
Source: 1500 ESPN on Twitter
Mar 2 - 7:38 PM

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's alot thank God we did not sign Cap killer kirk.thank you FO

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol he is not worth that at all dude was all about the money from the beginning

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports believes the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes will come down to the Broncos and Vikings.

Robinson reiterated Cousins' desire to play for a contender, which would seem to eliminate the Browns and Jets. Rather than sign a six or seven-year deal, which is customary for franchise QBs, Robinson expects Cousins to land a three or four-year pact in the range of $30 million annually with most of that money guaranteed. With over $48 million in available cap space, the Vikings could easily accommodate a contract of that magnitude. To afford Cousins, the Broncos ($23.8 million in cap space) may have to make some sacrifices.
Source: 1500 ESPN on Twitter
Mar 2 - 7:38 PM
Give him the 30M but on the premise he wins a SB, otherwise it's 10M. If he wants SB money, let him fucking earn it!

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I sit back and absorb the situation the more I'm glad they didn't cave and give him the bank. Don't get me wrong... I'm pissed they didn't sign him two years ago on the cheap when he was young and dumb, but kinda happy they didn't spend a lot of cash on this guy due to peer pressure. I still believe he ranks right up there with any QB in the east.. namely Wentz but Smith does also. Where ever he ends up he'll do ok,,, and good for him... but talent comes out all the time in college,,, just gotta get lucky and be smarter next time.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$30 million for KC is ridiculous.

He ain't worth that, and won't perform any better than Case Keenum did for them this past year.

If $30 million is indeed KC's asking price - which is a big "IF" because Charles Robinson isn't very reliable - then we should all praise Jesús that the Redskins didn't cave and sign him to that much money.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He ain't worth that, and won't perform any better than Case Keenum did for them this past year.

If $30 million is indeed KC's asking price - which is a big "IF" because Charles Robinson isn't very reliable - then we should all praise Jesús that the Redskins didn't cave and sign him to that much money.

Not paying him only looks smart if the team actually IMPROVES with Smith.

If Kirk gets paid, and does better than Smith on his new team, the Redskins will be questioned and clowned for yet another blunder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is the market rate for him . but how about we let the real details come out first before we condemn just yet .

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so..is Alex Smith >> cousins??

im still debating

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I heard that hot girl puts out ....:trash:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say something to all of the folks who believe that Denver gives Kirk the best chance at possibly winning a SB because they have a good/better/ top/ excellent or whatever defense.

Please, take note of this

In game 16 on Sunday December 24th 2017, our beat up team posted a 27-11 win against that same Denver Broncos defense. The organization has vowed to bring Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, who will be 30 and 31 respectively back for the 2018 season. They have nothing behind either of them and still need major upgrades at LG and RT. Unless they resign Todd Davis, they will also have to address LB'er to play along with Brandon Marshall. While it's possible to fix their offensive line Denver has been plagued by the ghost of MS when it comes to effective running the ball. To be blunt, since his tenure as HC they've had an awful time in the running game.

On top of all of that there's a bit of instability at HC that publically aired out during the first year head coach's 5-11 season.

Vance Joseph was “initially offended” by Elway’s remarks ...
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/19/vance-joseph-was...

Elway has promised Joseph that his job is safe for 2018, but make no mistake, there's steam already coming from his seat in Broncho land.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that there's a 99.9% chance the he gets signed in free agency, but what if he doesn't?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not paying him only looks smart if the team actually IMPROVES with Smith.

If Kirk gets paid, and does better than Smith on his new team, the Redskins will be questioned and clowned for yet another blunder.

That’s not exactly true. If Smith plays just as well as KC did over the last couple of years, then you are still getting more bang for your buck.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not exactly true. If Smith plays just as well as KC did over the last couple of years, then you are still getting more bang for your buck.

Not exactly true. Everything is judged by wins when it comes to the success of a deal. If we sav3d money with Smith but still used the entire cap with an equal or lesser amount of wins then it wasn’t successful.

Also, what constitutes playing just as well? Which metric will we use? I guarantee he will throw fewer interceptions than KC, but I also guarantee he doesn’t get the TDs either.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly true. Everything is judged by wins when it comes to the success of a deal. If we sav3d money with Smith but still used the entire cap with an equal or lesser amount of wins then it wasn’t successful.

Also, what constitutes playing just as well? Which metric will we use? I guarantee he will throw fewer interceptions than KC, but I also guarantee he doesn’t get the TDs either.

I see your point. Yes, I was referring more to wins. And I truly believe we will win just as many games with Smith all while building the team up for a few years down the road.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. Yes, I was referring more to wins. And I truly believe we will win just as many games with Smith all while building the team up for a few years down the road.

We will see. I don’t think there is a chance in hell we win as many without going crazy in FA which doesn’t build the team up for the future.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will praise Bruuuuce

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins: aka the Divider aka the Cap killer aka king Kirk aka Double dipper aka Mr Mcgreedy ..

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say if Cousins plays better than Smith then we got the short stick of the deal. Different team means different situation. Better line, better wr's, better RB's, better scheme... and vice-versa for Smith in his own regard. You just can't judge in all fairness by stats alone. If Smith takes this team to just 7 wins then we lost nothing. If KC takes the Vikes to the NFC championship game only then they gained nothing. However, I understand the stats and the rankings and such and however unfair they probably are. I still believe it would behoove him to sign with Cleveland. That teams about to become a team to be reckoned with.