• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Wichita get to #1

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean look at their remaining schedule........they could go undefeated..........

would they deserve a #1........no competition

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also by #1 i mean #1 ranking in the polls

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt their chances of copping a #1 national ranking...but...I'd be the first to applaud a perfect season. Good luck to the Shockers!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have to go perfect and I simply don't see that happening.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going unbeaten is tough, even if you play in a league that isnt considered as good. The teams in the MVC know ALL of Wichitas tendencies, they know more about the Shockers than any OOC opponent Wichita could have played. Also I dont think its fair to say they have played "no competition". Wichita has 6 top 100 and 2 top 50 wins right now which is more or equal to alot of the other teams in the top 10-20. Now granted they wont have as many more chances to play those type teams in a somewhat down MVC but if you go 34-0 then you are going to be number 1 IMO and rightly so. This isnt some team that hasnt proven themselves, its a Final 4 team that has already shown more than capable of beating anyone.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita St. is ranked fifth so at a minimum those teams ranked above them will have to lose. and that's possible. But call me skeptical when it comes to teams like Nova, Florida and others being ranked below Wichita State.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gonzaga got to #1 last year, then anything is possible.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going unbeaten is tough, even if you play in a league that isnt considered as good. The teams in the MVC know ALL of Wichitas tendencies, they know more about the Shockers than any OOC opponent Wichita could have played. Also I dont think its fair to say they have played "no competition". Wichita has 6 top 100 and 2 top 50 wins right now which is more or equal to alot of the other teams in the top 10-20. Now granted they wont have as many more chances to play those type teams in a somewhat down MVC but if you go 34-0 then you are going to be number 1 IMO and rightly so. This isnt some team that hasnt proven themselves, its a Final 4 team that has already shown more than capable of beating anyone.

look i respect WSU more than most, as evidenced by my putting them in the "Ten Teams I Think Can Win It All" Thread. But I am sorry you have got to stop quoting "this many top 100 wins" and "this many top 50 wins" blah blah blah like everyone else seems to be doing. How can you not see how worthless those statistics are at the beginning of the season, or even halfway through the season!?!? The people on this board really piss me off by constantly quoting those stupid fucking rankings, and rmilia while i respect your basketball knowledge I think you should maybe take a hard look at the RPI, BPI, Kenpom, etcs and realize that those systems, until the end of the year, mean almost nothing. WSU has beaten two decent teams in SLU and Tennessee, and two semi-decent teams in BYU and Alabama. To quote their wins as though they have played any real competition simply means that you, like the idiots on this board (great dayne, john4949393495484) are getting way too caught up in numbers. Rmilia I don't think you are an idiot at all, but I will start to think that if you continue putting stock in these fucking ratings systems.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have less problem with Wichita getting to number 1 than I would another mid major. While even if they did get to number 1 I wouldnt consider them the best team in the country I can also say that a team that returns a ton off a Final 4 team and goes unbeaten has every right to lay claim to that spot. As an FYI Wichita has as many top 100 wins as Iowa State, OK State, Michigan State and Kentucky. More top 100 wins than Florida, SDSU, Pitt, Baylor, Cincy. Iowa, Duke, Memphis, UCLA. They have as many top 50 wins as UMass, OK State, SDSU, Pitt, Iowa and Duke and more than Ohio State.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look i respect WSU more than most, as evidenced by my putting them in the "Ten Teams I Think Can Win It All" Thread. But I am sorry you have got to stop quoting "this many top 100 wins" and "this many top 50 wins" blah blah blah like everyone else seems to be doing. How can you not see how worthless those statistics are at the beginning of the season, or even halfway through the season!?!? The people on this board really piss me off by constantly quoting those stupid fucking rankings, and rmilia while i respect your basketball knowledge I think you should maybe take a hard look at the RPI, BPI, Kenpom, etcs and realize that those systems, until the end of the year, mean almost nothing. WSU has beaten two decent teams in SLU and Tennessee, and two semi-decent teams in BYU and Alabama. To quote their wins as though they have played any real competition simply means that you, like the idiots on this board (great dayne, john4949393495484) are getting way too caught up in numbers. Rmilia I don't think you are an idiot at all, but I will start to think that if you continue putting stock in these fucking ratings systems.

LOL, ignore my last post then :) No other way to judge teams in different leagues at this point man and the season is half over. Its not like its the first week of December. I get your point BUT I think 50% of the season is an OK time to start using metrics. Hell they "call" the Presidential election with less than 50% of the votes in and thats just the Presidency.... :)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have less problem with Wichita getting to number 1 than I would another mid major. While even if they did get to number 1 I wouldnt consider them the best team in the country I can also say that a team that returns a ton off a Final 4 team and goes unbeaten has every right to lay claim to that spot. As an FYI Wichita has as many top 100 wins as Iowa State, OK State, Michigan State and Kentucky. More top 100 wins than Florida, SDSU, Pitt, Baylor, Cincy. Iowa, Duke, Memphis, UCLA. They have as many top 50 wins as UMass, OK State, SDSU, Pitt, Iowa and Duke and more than Ohio State.

jesus there you fucking go again

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, ignore my last post then :) No other way to judge teams in different leagues at this point man and the season is half over. Its not like its the first week of December. I get your point BUT I think 50% of the season is an OK time to start using metrics.

george washington is a Top 30 win. Massachusetts is a top 3 win. New Mexico top 30. North Dakota State 46! Pacific 79! Manhattan 73!

How many more examples do you need to show you that, until the season is played out, none of these statistics realistically mean shit?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus there you fucking go again

LOL, read my above post. I respect that YOU dont think metrics are a good way to go 50% of the way into the season but I disagree. Obviously Wichita isnt going to pass the other unbeatens and probably wont pass them unless they lose 2-3 games but a 34-0 WSU is no joke ( as you know ). Ill reiterate that this isnt an unproven team we are discussing. This is a Final 4 team. Lets not pretend otherwise.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
george washington is a Top 30 win. Massachusetts is a top 3 win. New Mexico top 30. North Dakota State 46! Pacific 79! Manhattan 73!

How many more examples do you need to show you that, until the season is played out, none of these statistics realistically mean shit?

Well clearly some of those teams will drop. SOme teams from big conferences will undoubtedly drop too. Should we not count SDSU as a good win because their RPI will likely drop playing in their league?? You cant pick out 5 or 6 teams out of 100 and then make a claim that this is why metrics are no good halfway through the year. RPI is the worst but the other sytems pretty much stack up right with the human polls.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, read my above post. I respect that YOU dont think metrics are a good way to go 50% of the way into the season but I disagree. Obviously Wichita isnt going to pass the other unbeatens and probably wont pass them unless they lose 2-3 games but a 34-0 WSU is no joke ( as you know ). Ill reiterate that this isnt an unproven team we are discussing. This is a Final 4 team. Lets not pretend otherwise.

i know that. But it's entirely through the eye test, NOT through their resume. anybody who thinks otherwise is, naturally, quoting fucking RPI statistics that tell them Massachusetts has the 3rd best fucking resume with their wins over a pretty shitty (yes, i'll say it) New Mexico team, a more shitty BYU team, lsu, nebraska, eastern michigan, ohio, providence, st joe's, st. bonnies, holy shit it's even worse when i spell the whole fucking thing out.

THAT RESUME ALONE SHOULD MAKE NOBODY TAKE RPI SERIOUS UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON FOR AS LONG AS WE FUCKING LIVE

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know that. But it's entirely through the eye test, NOT through their resume. anybody who thinks otherwise is, naturally, quoting fucking RPI statistics that tell them Massachusetts has the 3rd best fucking resume with their wins over a pretty shitty (yes, i'll say it) New Mexico team, a more shitty BYU team, lsu, nebraska, eastern michigan, ohio, providence, st joe's, st. bonnies, holy shit it's even worse when i spell the whole fucking thing out.

THAT RESUME ALONE SHOULD MAKE NOBODY TAKE RPI SERIOUS UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON FOR AS LONG AS WE FUCKING LIVE

Nobody should take the RPI serious ever since its by far the worst metric available but the committee looks at it so its natural to use it. The eye test is fine and my preferred method as well but unfortunately we dont get to see all these teams 12-15 times a year so in a case like Wichita sometimes the metrics are all you have to go on. I watch as much CBB as anyone and Ive seen Wichita 2 times this year compared to 8+ of most of the other top 10-20 teams.