• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Nebraska Build A Top Tier Offense?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they come back to the Big12 yes,

otherwise this thread reminds me of that “show me that map of the middle east again” joke...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Frost is watching the OSU QB battle like a hawk. Assuming Haskins wins out (which he should), evidently he's going to put the press on Burrow if he transfers.
wow, weird timing:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

251.gif

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can have a dual threat QB, then there really is no
development period to the "Spread."

Many folks switch to the thread to run the ball more, not pass the
ball more. When folks talk about "spread" they're not totally
talking about spreading wide receivers all over the field...they're
discussing getting wider gaps between their linemen, to force the
defense to defend the field.

There is an adage that you cannot defend everything. When you
spread people out you are looking for weak spots and that is where you attack. Both run and pass.

If he can muster up some talent that can get open and catch
the ball, they will be able to move the ball. Likewise, if you can
be successful in an intermediate passing game that opens up
your run game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They eat fast?

Oh now I'm scared.

:susp:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can have a dual threat QB, then there really is no
development period to the "Spread."

Many folks switch to the thread to run the ball more, not pass the
ball more. When folks talk about "spread" they're not totally
talking about spreading wide receivers all over the field...they're
discussing getting wider gaps between their linemen, to force the
defense to defend the field.

There is an adage that you cannot defend everything. When you
spread people out you are looking for weak spots and that is where you attack. Both run and pass.

If he can muster up some talent that can get open and catch
the ball, they will be able to move the ball. Likewise, if you can
be successful in an intermediate passing game that opens up
your run game.

RB and WR rooms are loaded right now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Frost is watching the OSU QB battle like a hawk. Assuming Haskins wins out (which he should), evidently he's going to put the press on Burrow if he transfers.

Rivals saying it's not happening, but Rivals says all kinds of things. Frost is on record saying he loves his QB room right now.

Two 4 star guys and a walk on... You can never have too many scholarship QB's. Ideally Frost wants 5 or more scholarship QB's on roster.

It's all about fit though. If Burrow shows any signs of arrogance or entitlement, Frost won't touch him. Good chemistry with the QB's we have right now. Would be foolish to mess with that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals saying it's not happening, but Rivals says all kinds of things. Frost is on record saying he loves his QB room right now.

Two 4 star guys and a walk on... You can never have too many scholarship QB's. Ideally Frost wants 5 or more scholarship QB's on roster.

It's all about fit though. If Burrow shows any signs of arrogance or entitlement, Frost won't touch him. Good chemistry with the QB's we have right now. Would be foolish to mess with that.
I can say with the utmost certainty that this would not be the case. Burrow is one of the highest calibers of people you could meet. He stuck through the QB competition and both Haskins and Tate Martell sent out some really strongly-supportive messages to him today through social media. He's definitely a fantastic kid that anyone would be lucky to have. One of the most appealing things is that he has 2 years of eligibility left. It's going to make me sick if he winds up at LSU, but some place like Nebraska or UCLA could work out really well for him. Honestly I'm a little surprised Wisconsin hasn't come up. I've said the last couple of years that a QB like him is all that team is missing to become a truly top-tier team.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say with the utmost certainty that this would not be the case. Burrow is one of the highest calibers of people you could meet. He stuck through the QB competition and both Haskins and Tate Martell sent out some really strongly-supportive messages to him today through social media. He's definitely a fantastic kid that anyone would be lucky to have. One of the most appealing things is that he has 2 years of eligibility left. It's going to make me sick if he winds up at LSU, but some place like Nebraska or UCLA could work out really well for him. Honestly I'm a little surprised Wisconsin hasn't come up. I've said the last couple of years that a QB like him is all that team is missing to become a truly top-tier team.

Well Frost's offense is easy to learn, but difficult to master. As long as he can run the ball efficiently and keep his eyes in the right places, he has an excellent chance to start considering he would be the only one here who's actually played division 1 football.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if I were him, I'd be hesitant about signing up for a rebuilding project. That being said, he will have at least one early round draft pick to throw to and an overall loaded WR and RB situation.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather the Huskers build an adequate offense and a defense that doesn't shit down its leg whenever they face a team with even the slightest pulse.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see it happening.

I'm almost never wrong about knowing a sucky football team when I see one, because believe me, I follow PLENTY of sucky football teams

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me as skeptical but Auburn's defense was as bad as they come. 14th in yds/g. UCF didn't torch them but obviously won the game and gained almost 100 yds more than what Auburn averaged giving up.
Auburn was hampered offensively in that our running backs were less than 100% which killed our running game. Stidham fumbled for no reason in the red zone and we missed FG's that normally we wouldn't.

In short Auburn played like shit and after Johnson got hurt in the Bama game we didn't have the same fight anymore just ran out of gas.

This has to be corrected this season and Malzahn had better start getting the team ready for bowl games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless UCF's schedule is part of the deal, I don't think Nebraska is going to make the Pelini era next season.