• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts of a Dawg ...

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- We have a really good D. I mean really good. Our D did not lose the Cocks game ... the O and coaching did.

- We have a very unimaginative OC and/or HC. Not sure it is the OC, or Kirby throttling the OC. But, we have not embraced the idea of a more dynamic O.

- You can win a lot of games with what Smart is doing, especially if you recruit like he does. But, you also have a very thin margin of error. 4 turnovers, and 2 missed FGs exceeded our margin of error and cost us the game.

- Our OL has not played to their recruiting rankings, that is for sure. We are not the no. 1 OL, not close. Injuries have contributed to that, but everyone has injuries and we should be deep enough based on recruiting.

- Our WRs aren't getting open. I don't know if it is scheme or lack of talent, but I think it is the former. We don't have Bama/Clemson level WRs, but we have better than our results.

- Fromm shit the bed. I love the kid, but no other way to put it. Our D did enough to cover for him, but it just wasn't enough with the TOs and missed FGs.

- We have Ky this week ... we will see how the team and coaches react. Then a bye and a game against a UF team that has played better than expected, especially with their no. 2 QB. Jax just got really interesting, that's for sure.

- Finally ... we control our destiny, IMO. Win out against UF, Mizzou, AU, TAMU, and UA, I am pretty sure we are in the CFP. But, that's a big ask. We'll soon see what the team and coaches are made of.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts

3dbgpn.jpg

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- We have a really good D. I mean really good. Our D did not lose the Cocks game ... the O and coaching did.

- We have a very unimaginative OC and/or HC. Not sure it is the OC, or Kirby throttling the OC. But, we have not embraced the idea of a more dynamic O.

- You can win a lot of games with what Smart is doing, especially if you recruit like he does. But, you also have a very thin margin of error. 4 turnovers, and 2 missed FGs exceeded our margin of error and cost us the game.

- Our OL has not played to their recruiting rankings, that is for sure. We are not the no. 1 OL, not close. Injuries have contributed to that, but everyone has injuries and we should be deep enough based on recruiting.

- Our WRs aren't getting open. I don't know if it is scheme or lack of talent, but I think it is the former. We don't have Bama/Clemson level WRs, but we have better than our results.

- Fromm shit the bed. I love the kid, but no other way to put it. Our D did enough to cover for him, but it just wasn't enough with the TOs and missed FGs.

- We have Ky this week ... we will see how the team and coaches react. Then a bye and a game against a UF team that has played better than expected, especially with their no. 2 QB. Jax just got really interesting, that's for sure.

- Finally ... we control our destiny, IMO. Win out against UF, Mizzou, AU, TAMU, and UA, I am pretty sure we are in the CFP. But, that's a big ask. We'll soon see what the team and coaches are made of.

From where I stand, this is on the OC. Coley was a bad hire. Fine QB coach, but has proven to be ineffective as an OC.

Scheme was a big part of the problem. I'm pretty sure every running play we had was right up the gut. I don't remember any tosses, any sweeps or anything outside when we have had success running outside all season long, but for some reason on Saturday they decided to go away from it.

Receiver was my biggest concern going into the season. Cager has been a nice surprise, he has the best chemistry with Fromm, and he can make the contested catches. Pickens and Blalock are good receivers, but they're inexperienced, and are getting more snaps than true freshman receivers really should(there's exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking, it takes receivers more time to adapt). But when they're put in good spots, they can make plays.

And Fromm had a bad game, but I can't say he shit the bed. The pick 6 was all on him, but the second interception, a true freshman receiver ran the wrong route, and the third hit Tyler Simmons in the chest, and the fumble was on a bad snap.

I don't think our o-line had it's best day on Saturday, but they're still one of the best units in the country. The sacks were because nobody was open down field, before Saturday, Fromm had been sacked one time all season. But there weren't really any major busts, or anyone running free to the qb.

It was the perfect storm on Saturday. We'll see how the team responds. We're good for one game per season that really makes you scratch your head on the game plan. Hopefully that was what we saw on Saturday and not a sign of things to come.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SECE is tighter than suspected going into the season. If Mizzou takes Vandy and UK, they'd be 4-0 going into the UGA game, that would make things a lot more interesting.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SECE is tighter than suspected going into the season. If Mizzou takes Vandy and UK, they'd be 4-0 going into the UGA game, that would make things a lot more interesting.

I think Mizzou is banned from postseason play, so they're ineligible for the SECCG.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mizzou is banned from postseason play, so they're ineligible for the SECCG.
Ah, forgot about that. So guess if they won, the tiebreakers (if necessary) would play out with the 2nd-place team(s). Still, if they tagged one of UGA or UF with a loss, could affect the outcome, and they're playing well.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, forgot about that. So guess if they won, the tiebreakers (if necessary) would play out with the 2nd-place team(s). Still, if they tagged one of UGA or UF with a loss, could affect the outcome, and they're playing well.

The result of the game still counts towards the conference record of the opponent, so they will have a say so in who wins the East.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thought is....LMFAOROTF

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is what gets you in the game then you should just forfeit and stay home.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jawja is a 1 trick pony....shut down their run game { Swift } and they're done.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts of a Bronco...can't wait until we play you again. :heh:

As long as it is not THIS year.