• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could it get worse for the Ducks?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that. I can understand to an extent, but wow does that ever sound immature and ungrateful.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol huff.

next time, if you want to play for a national title, try scoring a point before the 4th quarter against stanford. i hear that helps.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another black eye for a school that so desperately wants to be accepted as CFB elite:

Oregon Ducks unhappy about prospect of Rose Bowl trip - ESPN

Makes so much sense why OD is a Duck fan...

Sorry Mamba and yeodonnie...

Yawn....

And how exactly is this a black eye? Come on dude, you are really reaching here. Besides, Oregon is already elite. It is OK for these players to be disappointed in the loss to Stanford. Nothing they said is wrong, they should want to play in the NCG. How this relates to which forum poster is a fan of which program is not the issue.

For many Duck fans, the thought of competing for a Rose Bowl every year was a pipe dream in the past. Our program has come a long-long way in the last decade or so, and for our players to be unsatisfied with a shot at the Rose Bowl instead of the NCG really just tells the story of where we are. I mean, seriously, this would not be an issue if an Alabama player or coach said it. Same with Ohio State....you think their players want to play in the Rose Bowl? Of course not, they want the NCG.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if huff doesn't want to play in the rose bowl, he doesn't have to. :noidea:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn....

And how exactly is this a black eye? Come on dude, you are really reaching here. Besides, Oregon is already elite. It is OK for these players to be disappointed in the loss to Stanford. Nothing they said is wrong, they should want to play in the NCG. How this relates to which forum poster is a fan of which program is not the issue.

For many Duck fans, the thought of competing for a Rose Bowl every year was a pipe dream in the past. Our program has come a long-long way in the last decade or so, and for our players to be unsatisfied with a shot at the Rose Bowl instead of the NCG really just tells the story of where we are. I mean, seriously, this would not be an issue if an Alabama player or coach said it. Same with Ohio State....you think their players want to play in the Rose Bowl? Of course not, they want the NCG.

It's OK to be disappointed after the Stanford loss, but to be disappointed with "only" playing in a Rose Bowl because you've been there before is childish. Few people have the opportunity to play major D1 football, fewer still have the opportunity to play for (and win) multiple conference championships and then play in (and win) BCS games. I would call any team out if their players said this, not just Oregon; it makes it easy when the Ducks have fans that echo the teams sentiments though. Spoiled and entitled are just two words that come to mind.

Do you honestly think you would ever hear a Saban-coached player spouting off this bullshit? We already know Ohio State and Urban Meyer apparently don't teach players to be humble...

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn....

How can you be considered elite, the Ducks haven't won shit:laugh3:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queue up the mea culpa written by Duck's PR staff ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it could get worse for the Ducks.

They could lose the Rose Bowl.

But I guess the "I didn't want to be there" excuse makes it okay.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The SEC has trademarked that as their excuse for all bowl losses. It would be very expensive to be able to use that excuse:suds:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, Oregon is already elite.
Depends on your definition of Elite.

0 NCs, and 12 Conf Championships in a hundred years probably isn't going to get you there. More recently, you have a good run of Conf Championships.

Some might define Elite as having to be done over a longer period of time.

Before you say, "yeah, but UGa, blah, blah, blah" I'm guessing most people here would say UGa isn't Elite. Traditional powerhouse, yes. Elite, probably not.

But, it really gets back to the definition of what is Elite.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

built in excuse right here for if they lost the rose bowl

then again they havent won the pac title yet

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK to be disappointed after the Stanford loss, but to be disappointed with "only" playing in a Rose Bowl because you've been there before is childish. Few people have the opportunity to play major D1 football, fewer still have the opportunity to play for (and win) multiple conference championships and then play in (and win) BCS games. I would call any team out if their players said this, not just Oregon; it makes it easy when the Ducks have fans that echo the teams sentiments though. Spoiled and entitled are just two words that come to mind.

Do you honestly think you would ever hear a Saban-coached player spouting off this bullshit? We already know Ohio State and Urban Meyer apparently don't teach players to be humble...

Failed thread title, failed thread subject, and failed to make any valid points.

Stupid comments by players? Probably, yes.
Black eye for program? Not at all

Thanks for playing.

Keep starting threads bashing Ducks, most of us wont take the bait, and getting OD involved is no victory for you anyways. Cheers!:suds:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has trademarked that as their excuse for all bowl losses. It would be very expensive to be able to use that excuse:suds:
Other than Bama v. Utah, UF v. Louisville, name the others. That's what I thought. Do you sit around and think about the SEC all day long? I think you do.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Bama v. Utah, UF v. Louisville, name the others. That's what I thought. Do you sit around and think about the SEC all day long? I think you do.

I heard the same excuse after Michigan State beat Georgia two years ago.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for every time i've heard a team of an SEC fan say the team wasn't motivated as the reason they lost the game, i've heard 10 big 10 fans blame the SEC's home field advantage for their bowl losses. because so many bowl games are played at SEC home stadiums and all.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your definition of Elite.

0 NCs, and 12 Conf Championships in a hundred years probably isn't going to get you there. More recently, you have a good run of Conf Championships.

Some might define Elite as having to be done over a longer period of time.

Before you say, "yeah, but UGa, blah, blah, blah" I'm guessing most people here would say UGa isn't Elite. Traditional powerhouse, yes. Elite, probably not.

But, it really gets back to the definition of what is Elite.

Probably the only post so far in this thread that has much weight. I agree with you. Overall, in history, Oregon is most certainly NOT an elite program. This is fact.

In the BCS era, I would say we are borderline elite, despite not winning in our only appearance. However, I would classify our last five years as elite. Consistent recruiting, BCS appearances, and victories to back it up.

I am not a delusional Duck fan. I know we are not Alabama, or Ohio State, or USC...etc.....I get it. But to see where we were vs. where we are is amazing to me, and I love it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Nike U. attitude.

Uncle Phil handing them 500 million in new facilities and buying off all these special ed kids who can't even spell their names to go there is like handing a drunken monkey a machine gun. The results are exactly the same.

Everyone else in the PAC respects the Rose Bowl. Only Nike U. would believe its beneath them these days. What a joke. Go independent already. Buh bye.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for every time i've heard a team of an SEC fan say the team wasn't motivated as the reason they lost the game, i've heard 10 big 10 fans blame the SEC's home field advantage for their bowl losses. because so many bowl games are played at SEC home stadiums and all.

Oh i am not arguing that the "home field advantage" excuse is bullshit. But every time an SEC team loses it's either they didn't want to be there or their conference ranking drops 4 from what they were saying before. Like in 2011 Georgia played in the conference championship game but i have seen many SEC fans say that they were the 5th team in the SEC.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Nike U. attitude.

Uncle Phil handing them 500 million in new facilities and buying off all these special ed kids who can't even spell their names to go there is like handing a drunken monkey a machine gun. The results are exactly the same.

Everyone else in the PAC respects the Rose Bowl. Only Nike U. would believe its beneath them these days. What a joke. Go independent already. Buh bye.

Oh look kids...more jelly from Husky fans.

Remember, I already went over this with you, he is your uncle too. Start showing some respect, or drop his annual gifts to you and become an UnderArmour school.

Throwing money in to this argument is typical of UW fans. After all, it was Phil Knight who has won all of these games right?

I mean did you see that Fiesta Bowl last year? Phil Knight was 28-30 for 400 yards. He also had 25 tackles, 6 sacks, 3 picks and about 300 rushing yards. Not bad for an old man.

Your arguments are old and useless Regent. Get over it. Just win against the Ducks for once and you wont feel so terrible about yourself.