• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cordy Glenn

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Runs a 5.15 40yd dash at 345 lbs. Wow! His stock is about to shoot up.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the NFL Combine this morning. Does anyone really care how high these offensive lineman can jump? With defensive lineman it makes sense.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CordyGlenn.jpg

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I don't get the high jump for O-linemen either, but Glenn did look good at all the drills and looked athletic. He probably worked his way into a sure 1st rd pick.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was watching the NFL Combine this morning. Does anyone really care how high these offensive lineman can jump? With defensive lineman it makes sense.

The Vertical jump and Broad jump measure an athlete's lower-body strength which in theory is an accurate indicator of ones explosion and acceleration. How quick can they get out of their stance and into blocks.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The combine is pretty much a fucking joke. Can the guy play football or not? Is he a headcase? How well does he handle adversity? How many kids does he have? These are the pertinent questions...not how high someone can jump.

The Wonderlic is retarded too. Give these meatheads a proper IQ test. There's millions on the line.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a draft geek but I dont watch the combine. I think it's kinda fruity...that being said I've been a fan of Glenn (even bigger fan of DeCastro) in the first. You know who had an awesome combine? Taylor Mays. Cant play worth a shit but he's like a bullet in a 40 yard dash and can pump iron with the best of them...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a draft geek but I dont watch the combine. I think it's kinda fruity...that being said I've been a fan of Glenn (even bigger fan of DeCastro) in the first. You know who had an awesome combine? Taylor Mays. Cant play worth a shit but he's like a bullet in a 40 yard dash and can pump iron with the best of them...

Does he look good catching the ball in practice? Or is that skill reserved for Robert Sands?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing that these work outs are good for is finding athletes that perhaps would have had a much better chance of amazing people if they were in the right system. Not everyone can play for the top rated teams, some talent just has to get lost in the shuffle and play for the teams everyone beats. Somewhere, a kid in high school who would be the next Peyton Manning is getting sacked on every down, or just handing it off or running every down because his offensive line all weigh 150 pounds. The only person on that team that gets noticed is the awesome punter.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing that these work outs are good for is finding athletes that perhaps would have had a much better chance of amazing people if they were in the right system. Not everyone can play for the top rated teams, some talent just has to get lost in the shuffle and play for the teams everyone beats. Somewhere, a kid in high school who would be the next Peyton Manning is getting sacked on every down, or just handing it off or running every down because his offensive line all weigh 150 pounds. The only person on that team that gets noticed is the awesome punter.

These days it's much different though..... Sure there are still some diamonds in the rough, but recruiting has grown so much that unique talented is spotted early on. These kids not only play during the season, but they attend quarterback camps and other high profile work-out situations where they can show their skills. I guess the real thing to look for is the late-bloomers.... Kids that either grew late or didn't find football until their last year of high school.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can believe the late bloomer ideology. Some guys have a growth spurt their senior year, or even after high school. Some guys discover if they hit the weight room after a year or two of high school, and the many benefits it brings.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vertical jump and Broad jump measure an athlete's lower-body strength which in theory is an accurate indicator of ones explosion and acceleration. How quick can they get out of their stance and into blocks.

I see your point there. It just seems kinda ridiculous to measure guys on a bodily movement that they will never (or rarely) do in a game.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The combine is pretty much a fucking joke. Can the guy play football or not? Is he a headcase? How well does he handle adversity? How many kids does he have? These are the pertinent questions...not how high someone can jump.

The Wonderlic is retarded too. Give these meatheads a proper IQ test. There's millions on the line.

^^^This. I've never known how running a 40 yard dash two tenths of a second slower than you should have could cost you millions. Watch the film, and see whether they can play football or not. The combine seems to me, vastly overrated.

That being said, when looking at the numbers at all, I'd look more at the cone drill numbers than the 40 yard dash numbers. In the NFL you don't run as straight line. I wanna know how well they can cut.