• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cook to GB & Fairley to NO

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook...GB seems to do well with WR/TE you never heard of before...Rodgers will make good use of him I think.

Fairley...this will be interesting...Saints have been trying to build a 3-4 under Ryan...he's played his entire career as a 4-3 DT...maybe he can flex to a 3-4 DE, but idk what to expect and neither do the Saints.

I don't think we're a 3-4 now with Allen.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Laurinitis is also on the team(leader) and he has a chip on his shoulder based on his interviews I don't think he's going to let Fairley get lazy. And he had to have imput on this signing.
I'd be much more worried about Laurinaitis than Fairley

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Footballoutsiders had him ranked 51st out of 51 TEs with high volume in pass efficiency. PFF did say that he had an above average run blocking year after years of being worthless, though.

Most of their rankings are really a measure of the QB throwing the football rather than the receiver catching it.

Cook is a pretty big upgrade for GB.

Not happy about that move as a Vikes fan. Gives Rodgers are legit TE to throw the ball to that he hasn't had in like 4 years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of their rankings are really a measure of the QB throwing the football rather than the receiver catching it.
I know what you're saying but literally anyone who watched Cook play last year will tell you that you're wrong. Cook dropped easy passes. Cook gave up on a play that led to a pick 6 IIRC. Foles had issues passing the ball over 10 yards. Cook was supposed to be the safety valve and he wasn't.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Julius Peppers was the only player on the GB roster last season that WASNT drafted by GB, whih is just sick

I think you are looking for the fact that only team they have played on is the Packers. Which you would need to add Kuhn, Guion and J. Jones (Raiders 1 year).

There are plenty of players on team they did not "draft" and picked up as UDFA... Sam Shields and Mike Pennel being the 2 best UDFA on team currently. But there are probably 8-10 others at any time on 53 man roster (Goode was, Mashtay, Taylor, Banjo, Elliot... ).

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared "Drive Killer" Cook is the same guy that confrontational with Austin Davis because Cook dropped a end zone TD pass.

Good fucking riddance.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gives Rodgers are legit TE to throw the ball to that he hasn't had in like 4 years.

Rams fans would much rather have Richard Rodgers or even Andrew Quarless than Cook for free at this point.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fans would much rather have Richard Rodgers or even Andrew Quarless than Cook for free at this point.

I get it that he failed in STL.

But he wouldn't be the first player to fail in a terrible situation with a terrible QB in a terrible offense and then move onto a good offense and be the good player he was before he went to said terrible situation.

And you can tell NFL teams still do value him quite a bit. It took a $3.6 M offer just to lock him down. That's decent money for a TE.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he wouldn't be the first player to fail in a terrible situation with a terrible QB in a terrible offense and then move onto a good offense and be the good player he was before he went to said terrible situation.

And you can tell NFL teams still do value him quite a bit. It took a $3.6 M offer just to lock him down. That's decent money for a TE.

He was a big part of the failures of that offense, under both Foles and Bradford. I wouldn't expect his hands to suddenly improve, and he has little interest in blocking. He failed at Tennessee before the Rams as well. Continually chasing "upside" after failures at two different franchises is a bit foolish IMO. He was essentially the last "name" TE to draw any interest this offseason and was signed after Jim Dray. That should tell you what you need to know IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Essentially the best case scenario for Green Bay is that Cook got paid in Ten and STL and now that he is on a 'prove it' deal, Cook can hide his crazy and hide his lazy long enough to play well for one year. Nobody should want any part of Cook long term but you could probably convince me that he is 50/50 for working out for one year with the best QB in football. I'd view Lacy through the same lens at this point - not a guy you'd want long-term on your team but if you get on him and he puts in 100% then you might get one good season out of him.

I mean, I'm not saying the Packers have a one year championship window but certainly their offense is going to potentially have some lazy freaks in it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I was hoping Fairley would've signed in Philly, but Schwartz must of thought other....:nono:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be much more worried about Laurinaitis than Fairley

It's not just about JL's abilities physically, it goes beyond that. Less talented teams play above their level when coached well.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a big part of the failures of that offense, under both Foles and Bradford. I wouldn't expect his hands to suddenly improve, and he has little interest in blocking. He failed at Tennessee before the Rams as well. Continually chasing "upside" after failures at two different franchises is a bit foolish IMO. He was essentially the last "name" TE to draw any interest this offseason and was signed after Jim Dray. That should tell you what you need to know IMO.

The Packers aren't going to ask him to block. They rarely asked Jermichael Finley to block either. The Packers were looking for a TE with speed that could stretch the middle of the field. Whether he's a decoy or not, he is a TE that has to be accounted for, which is something they did not have last year.

And if you'd rather have Quarless, have at him. He's a free agent ripe for the picking.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers aren't going to ask him to block. They rarely asked Jermichael Finley to block either. The Packers were looking for a TE with speed that could stretch the middle of the field. Whether he's a decoy or not, he is a TE that has to be accounted for, which is something they did not have last year.

And if you'd rather have Quarless, have at him. He's a free agent ripe for the picking.

Rams haven't made a move in free agency for a TE yet strangely. They did kick the tires on Marcedes Lewis and Zach Miller to no avail. Quarless is as good as any of the guys left available, for whatever that's worth, unless you like Vernon Davis. Chandler would be an OK move as an outlet receiver.