• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cook to GB & Fairley to NO

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on these contracts?

GB usually not a player in FA signs J. Cook to a one year 3.6 million deal barring a physical.

NO desperate to upgrade their D signs N. Fairley to a one year deal worth 3 million with potential earnings of 5 million based on incentives.

Cook gives Arog another big target. Certainley won't hurt the offense.

Fairley I'm not sure how much he has left. He's become a 3rd down player. 3 million meh. 5 million depending on what tge incentives are I think is too much.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Julius Peppers was the only player on the GB roster last season that WASNT drafted by GB, whih is just sick

Cook should be ok, they could use another target with Davonte Adams looking he could bust, and the uncertainty with Jordy

New Orleans needs to take every defensive risk they can...At that price, its worth it for them, that defense was so bad, and their cap situation was not very good

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook has stone hands and is allergic to blocking, but at least the Pack didn't pay much.

There must be something about Fairley that coaches don't like. He was on a cheap prove-it deal last year, and is on a potentially cheaper one this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook has stone hands and is allergic to blocking, but at least the Pack didn't pay much.

There must be something about Fairley that coaches don't like. He was on a cheap prove-it deal last year, and is on a potentially cheaper one this year.

Which I don't get. He does well when he plays (Fairley that is). There must be something beyond what he does on the field that scares teams from investing long-term in him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I don't get. He does well when he plays (Fairley that is). There must be something beyond what he does on the field that scares teams from investing long-term in him.
I don't think teams are valuing a solid starter who doesn't get to the QB. All of the emphasis these days is on getting to the QB.

Cook was maybe the worst starter in the NFL last year. A 'prove it' contract would make sense if he knew how to block or catch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think teams are valuing a solid starter who doesn't get to the QB. All of the emphasis these days is on getting to the QB.

Cook was maybe the worst starter in the NFL last year. A 'prove it' contract would make sense if he knew how to block or catch.

The Cook contract is fine. He is physically gifted and maybe with a guy like Rodgers he realizes the opportunity he has. I don't think you can fix bad hands though so we shall see but they didn't pay all that much. Low risk maybe some reward.

Fairley actually isn't that bad of a pass rusher. I mean he isn't top-10 in the NFL by any means but as a complimentary piece on the defense he is a nice player. I mean Malik Jackson just got a $15 million a year deal and he only had what 5 sacks this past season?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cook contract is fine. He is physically gifted and maybe with a guy like Rodgers he realizes the opportunity he has. I don't think you can fix bad hands though so we shall see but they didn't pay all that much. Low risk maybe some reward.

Fairley actually isn't that bad of a pass rusher. I mean he isn't top-10 in the NFL by any means but as a complimentary piece on the defense he is a nice player. I mean Malik Jackson just got a $15 million a year deal and he only had what 5 sacks this past season?
Granted I haven't seen all of Cook's games but he's slightly above the league avg on % of passess vs tgts. 3 million does seem fair.

Fairley unlike Jackson is likely a 3rd down player similiar to what he did last season. 3-5 million to high IMHO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted I haven't seen all of Cook's games but he's slightly above the league avg on % of passess vs tgts. 3 million does seem fair.

Fairley unlike Jackson is likely a 3rd down player similiar to what he did last season. 3-5 million to high IMHO.

$3-5 million though is becoming the norm even for a back up player these days. I like Fairley and haven't really hidden that. I was hoping the Broncos would get him to add to the rotation to replace Malik this year but I do know the Bronco coaches and FO are high on some in house guys that they have stored away so not too upset we didn't get him but very happy the Patriots did not. I just think he is a guy that brings more to the table than people realize.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3-5 million though is becoming the norm even for a back up player these days. I like Fairley and haven't really hidden that. I was hoping the Broncos would get him to add to the rotation to replace Malik this year but I do know the Bronco coaches and FO are high on some in house guys that they have stored away so not too upset we didn't get him but very happy the Patriots did not. I just think he is a guy that brings more to the table than people realize.
3-5 on a team without cap issues I agree. But it seems NO has more issues to address? Fairley may surprise us? If he shows up in shape and can avoid all that cajun cookin and beignets. Man NO has some good food.
I see NE is having Knighton in for a visit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-5 on a team without cap issues I agree. But it seems NO has more issues to address? Fairley may surprise us? If he shows up in shape and can avoid all that cajun cookin and beignets. Man NO has some good food.

Well you want to talk about weight issues then watch out for Knighton. He will eat you out of house and home. He showed up his 2nd year in Denver something like 40-50 lbs. overweight compared to the season before and it showed. He took something like only 45% of the snaps for us that year because he just kept getting winded during games. I like Knighton as he was a good player for us but he is a headache to every coach he works with and to me that is why he is going year-to-year on deals. Maybe that is the issue for Fairley too.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you want to talk about weight issues then watch out for Knighton. He will eat you out of house and home. He showed up his 2nd year in Denver something like 40-50 lbs. overweight compared to the season before and it showed. He took something like only 45% of the snaps for us that year because he just kept getting winded during games. I like Knighton as he was a good player for us but he is a headache to every coach he works with and to me that is why he is going year-to-year on deals. Maybe that is the issue for Fairley too.
Thanks didn't know Knighton had weight/eating issues. Some great Italian and Seafood in NE, not to mention Dunkin Doughnuts could be a train wreck waiting to happen?
NE coaches seem to do pretty well with individual projects? Seems like Knighton not getting many offers? If NE could get him on the cheap with some weight clauses and playing time... might be worth kicking the tires on?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks didn't know Knighton had weight/eating issues. Some great Italian and Seafood in NE, not to mention Dunkin Doughnuts could be a train wreck waiting to happen?
NE coaches seem to do pretty well with individual projects? Seems like Knighton not getting many offers? If NE could get him on the cheap with some weight clauses and playing time... might be worth kicking the tires on?

Like I said when he is in shape he is a great player and made some huge plays for the Broncos. He also was a fan favorite as the guy is hilarious and likes to interact with the fans on a regular basis. My guess though is this off season is a lot like last off season where even just a month and a half after the season he had already put on a ton of weight and showed he had done nothing training wise for the upcoming season. I think he finished the season for the Broncos at like 330 and when he was meeting with teams he weighed in at like 380 just a couple months later. I mean 50 lbs in that short time just blows me away.

Now maybe he has learned his lesson but my guess is that the reason he hasn't be signed yet is he has done the exact same thing and no team wants to give him any kind of deal when they see such a lack of discipline.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on these contracts?

GB usually not a player in FA signs J. Cook to a one year 3.6 million deal barring a physical.

NO desperate to upgrade their D signs N. Fairley to a one year deal worth 3 million with potential earnings of 5 million based on incentives.

Cook gives Arog another big target. Certainley won't hurt the offense.

Fairley I'm not sure how much he has left. He's become a 3rd down player. 3 million meh. 5 million depending on what tge incentives are I think is too much.

Desperate is the key word. Fairley has ability. Ain't got no fire in his belly.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said when he is in shape he is a great player and made some huge plays for the Broncos. He also was a fan favorite as the guy is hilarious and likes to interact with the fans on a regular basis. My guess though is this off season is a lot like last off season where even just a month and a half after the season he had already put on a ton of weight and showed he had done nothing training wise for the upcoming season. I think he finished the season for the Broncos at like 330 and when he was meeting with teams he weighed in at like 380 just a couple months later. I mean 50 lbs in that short time just blows me away.

Now maybe he has learned his lesson but my guess is that the reason he hasn't be signed yet is he has done the exact same thing and no team wants to give him any kind of deal when they see such a lack of discipline.
What a shame. How many of us would cut off our left nut just to be in position to play for an NFL/any pro sport team?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shame. How many of us would cut off our left nut just to be in position to play for an NFL/any pro sport team?

It is true...I can't remember the name of the player but they had an addiction to video games that ended up ruining their career. They would play something like 18 hours a day.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true...I can't remember the name of the player but they had an addiction to video games that ended up ruining their career. They would play something like 18 hours a day.
:doh::doh::doh:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Julius Peppers was the only player on the GB roster last season that WASNT drafted by GB, whih is just sick

Cook should be ok, they could use another target with Davonte Adams looking he could bust, and the uncertainty with Jordy

New Orleans needs to take every defensive risk they can...At that price, its worth it for them, that defense was so bad, and their cap situation was not very good

Cook...GB seems to do well with WR/TE you never heard of before...Rodgers will make good use of him I think.

Fairley...this will be interesting...Saints have been trying to build a 3-4 under Ryan...he's played his entire career as a 4-3 DT...maybe he can flex to a 3-4 DE, but idk what to expect and neither do the Saints.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Footballoutsiders had him ranked 51st out of 51 TEs with high volume in pass efficiency. PFF did say that he had an above average run blocking year after years of being worthless, though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he did finally go seek professional counseling and has been trying to get back into the NFL after working on his addiction but it seems like no team wants to take a chance on him as they have no clue what to expect from such an addiction.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering Laurinitis is also on the team(leader) and he has a chip on his shoulder based on his interviews I don't think he's going to let Fairley get lazy. And he had to have imput on this signing.