• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats to

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey...........Hes going to the SuperBowl.................:suds:

I know theres still 14 minutes left in the game,but Minnesota being down 31,theres no way that Minnesota miracle happens this week..........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 tds yesterday and off to the SB...................How soon some of us forget...............OH WELLi wish him luck..............

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey...........Hes going to the SuperBowl.................:suds:

I know theres still 14 minutes left in the game,but Minnesota being down 31,theres no way that Minnesota miracle happens this week..........
He was huge for us yesterday. Loved this signing during the offseason and love it more. We will need him badly against the Pats.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we still had him.

Couldn't disagree more, to be honest.

57 Receptions 789 Yards... 4 years/52 million (26 million guaranteed)

5 years/68 million (42 million guaranteed) if you throw in the one year contract he played under this year.

That was the first big play he made all year on Sunday, and it was more because of a blown coverage than anything.

Injury prone, overpaid and often downright ineffective. He's a really good #2, but not a #1.

FWIW, Kendall Wright had 59 receptions for 614 yards in this shitty offense on a 1 year/2 million dollar contract (1 million guaranteed).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 years/68 million (42 million guaranteed) if you throw in the one year contract he played under this year.

That was the first big play he made all year on Sunday, and it was more because of a blown coverage than anything.

Injury prone, overpaid and often downright ineffective. He's a really good #2, but not a #1.

FWIW, Kendall Wright had 59 receptions for 614 yards in this shitty offense on a 1 year/2 million dollar contract (1 million guaranteed).

LOL. I make a 5-word post, and you spew off a paragraph of stats and contract status en sech.
tenor.gif

What part of "wishing" don't you get, sadistic genie?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I make a 5-word post, and you spew off a paragraph of stats and contract status en sech.
tenor.gif

What part of "wishing" don't you get, sadistic genie?

That's what I do...

But I don't regret letting go of Jeffery. We did the right thing.

I suppose I'd take him back at Kendall Wright's price.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was huge for us yesterday. Loved this signing during the offseason and love it more. We will need him badly against the Pats.

Alshons rookie year was an amazing one.....Some of those circus catches he made were highlite reel type......all us bear fans were very excited to have wr..........Glad he is doing well for your team and hopefully he gets you guys a ring........
Good luck...............

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well to be honest,KW is all we have/had........Philadelphia has a great te in Ertz along with Nelson Agahlor to share catches with............And KW is a freeagent this year.......His contract will no longer look like that......

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear fans don't recognize the effect of a receiver that draws a top corner always, double teams often, and game planning based upon,because they don't have someone like that now. If they do someday, now that they may have a QB, they will point these things out again.

Jeffrey is good. Definitely worth the money Philly spent. Watch how Belichick covers him, and then either side with him, or the Bears board.

You guys need to draft a stud WR. The free agent market is shit in WR this year. It is your weakest position.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be honest,KW is all we have/had........Philadelphia has a great te in Ertz along with Nelson Agahlor to share catches with............And KW is a freeagent this year.......His contract will no longer look like that......

Jeffery had 120 targets to reach those numbers, with 57 receptions. 47.5% catch rate.

Wright had 91 targets and 59 receptions. 64.8% catch rate.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear fans don't recognize the effect of a receiver that draws a top corner always, double teams often, and game planning based upon,because they don't have someone like that now. If they do someday, now that they may have a QB, they will point these things out again.

Jeffrey is good. Definitely worth the money Philly spent. Watch how Belichick covers him, and then either side with him, or the Bears board.

You guys need to draft a stud WR. The free agent market is shit in WR this year. It is your weakest position.

I love how there's like 6 people who actually post on this board, and you just label it as "Bears fans". As if this is a good sample size for a consensus on Bears fans feelings on WR's. Lol. Not to mention, multiple guys here have said they would have Alshon back.

Holy shit... You're a regular god damn genius! No one had ever had these thoughts before! We never noticed that our WR's are shit!

:pound:

Jeffrey is good. Definitely worth the money Philly spent.

57 receptions on 120 targets is utterly poor. You can spin it however you'd like, BS.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ was my favorite Bear. I would take him back in a heartbeat. Stats don't show the whole or real story.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery had 120 targets to reach those numbers, with 57 receptions. 47.5% catch rate.

Wright had 91 targets and 59 receptions. 64.8% catch rate.

Both been in the league 6 years...........:

KW- 339 catches 3859 yards 19 tds 82 games

Alshon- 361 catches 5338 yards 35 tds 79 games

With ONLY a 12 catch difference............?.............alshon has a huge lead.

Who woiuld you rather have.?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both been in the league 6 years...........:

KW- 339 catches 3859 yards 19 tds 82 games

Alshon- 361 catches 5338 yards 35 tds 79 games

With ONLY a 12 catch difference............?.............alshon has a huge lead.

Who woiuld you rather have.?

I am not saying that Kendall Wright is a better receiver.

I am saying that I'd rather pay one million dollars per year, and have Kendall Wright. Than pay 10-15 million dollars per year and have Jeffery.

This isn't even a question.

If we were offered Alshon back tomorrow, with that contract. I wouldn't take him if Philly offered to hand him to us, without even having to fork over a draft pick in compensation.

Overpaying players kills you over the long-haul. As we all learned following Emery's little spending sprees from 2012-2014.

Jeffery has also not had more than 821 yards receiving in a season since 2014. He had two big years in 13 and 14. His production has dropped off significantly since then. He's injury prone, and even in a full season this year. He turned out pedestrian production, which could be easily duplicated by a large number of guys who cost a fraction of what he is getting paid.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying that Kendall Wright is a better receiver.

I am saying that I'd rather pay one million dollars per year, and have Kendall Wright. Than pay 10-15 million dollars per year and have Jeffery.

This isn't even a question.

If we were offered Alshon back tomorrow, with that contract. I wouldn't take him if Philly offered to hand him to us, without even having to fork over a draft pick in compensation.

Overpaying players kills you over the long-haul. As we all learned following Emery's little spending sprees from 2012-2014.

Jeffery has also not had more than 821 yards receiving in a season since 2014. He had two big years in 13 and 14. His production has dropped off significantly since then. He's injury prone, and even in a full season this year. He turned out pedestrian production, which could be easily duplicated by a large number of guys who cost a fraction of what he is getting paid.

And yet he STILL had to deal with 2 wrs on the team that he had to share with...........The catch percentage you threw out there,may had to do with him being double teamed,opening up for Agohlor and Ertz.........now you know as well as I do that teams were stacking the box vs our running game and wanting Trubisky to throw to beat them......We had no true no.1 wr so other teams were not afraid of any wr we had out there.........whether it was zone or man to man coverage,who would they try to stop....?

It doesn`t matter anyways,he`s not coming back,hes in a better place,and most likely 10xs happeier..........I wish him luck.........Eagles will need it.........

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet he STILL had to deal with 2 wrs on the team that he had to share with...........The catch percentage you threw out there,may had to do with him being double teamed,opening up for Agohlor and Ertz.........now you know as well as I do that teams were stacking the box vs our running game and wanting Trubisky to throw to beat them......We had no true no.1 wr so other teams were not afraid of any wr we had out there.........whether it was zone or man to man coverage,who would they try to stop....?

It doesn`t matter anyways,he`s not coming back,hes in a better place,and most likely 10xs happeier..........I wish him luck.........Eagles will need it.........

And yet he STILL had to deal with 2 wrs on the team that he had to share with

Wood, he had 130 targets. lol. We've been over this. (NextGen and a few others have him at 130... Pro Football Reference at 120). His catch rate is actually 43.8% according to those sites.

He had 789 yards on 130 targets. That's 6.06 yards per target. Extremely poor for a #1 WR.

He also was DEAD LAST in the league at getting separation according to NextGen.

Receiving Stats | NFL Next Gen Stats

Alshon averaged 1.8 yards of separation per route run. The only qualifying player under 2 yards in the entire league.

The catch percentage you threw out there,may had to do with him being double teamed,opening up for Agohlor and Ertz

I have not seen Jeffery doubled, at all this year. I've watched 7 Eagles games or so, including the playoffs.

47.5% catch rate is very poor. Especially for a #1, there is no reconciling that.

now you know as well as I do that teams were stacking the box vs our running game and wanting Trubisky to throw to beat them

Sure. As they were last season with Alshon out there.

We had no true no.1 wr so other teams were not afraid of any wr we had out there

A) If we had Alshon, we still would not have had a true #1. Alshon has never had more than 821 yards in a season as a "#1"... He has not proven himself as a #1 in this league. He just hasn't.

B) We saw 8 man fronts last season with Alshon healthy.

C) The fact that our WR's sucked as a unit, does not make Alshon good.

whether it was zone or man to man coverage,who would they try to stop....?

I guess I don't understand what the question here is.

Alshon is not much better than any of the WR's on our roster. Cam Meredith had a better season last year than Alshon has since 2014. Doing so for the minimum, I believe.

Alshon could be the most overpaid non-QB in football. That contract is an utter nightmare. If Philly called tomorrow and offered a mid-round pick for us to take the contract off of their hands. I would say no thanks...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon gets a ring and a SB td to boot...........Along with two outstanding catches.:suds:

Too damn bad the one he batted back into play got int`ed...........:L

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's extremely happy with his decision to go to Philly. Good for him. :suds: