• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats to Cleveland For Winning The D League Championship

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State built most of their team. They were one suspension away from being back to back champions. That Heat team was together for 3 seasons and doesn't exist anymore. And the team was all about the best player in the league.

The heat had a 1A player and 1B player as the separation between Wade and LBJ was small and many argued that it was Wade's team even at an older age.

Shaq and Kobe weren't just all-stars. They are two first ballot hall of famers and the dominant players of their era.

Yes, but they didn't have to go out and buy 1-2 more future HOF players to win championships like the Heat.

Lebron is miles ahead of every other player in the league. The Warriors will break up in the next couple of years once they have to pay Steph and Klay their max contracts.

If that was true you would think LBJ would at least be an MVP candidate.

NBA basketball is more popular than it has been in 20 years.

Not locally
Local NBA ratings drop substantially during 2016-17 season

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they compared to 10 years ago?

nbachart.png

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ignoring games on espn/tnt? Back then, all you got was the NBC games so of course the ratings would be higher. These days a lot more televized game and a LOT more overall viewership.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring games on espn/tnt? Back then, all you got was the NBC games so of course the ratings would be higher. These days a lot more televized game and a LOT more overall viewership.

If I recall correctly, another issue with ratings is that they don't account for those who stream games, which more and more folks seem to be doing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please change the rules so teams can't stockpile All Stars and leave one or none for every other team in the conference. The league is boring as ever now.

You should tell GS then and stop making troll threads

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should tell GS then and stop making troll threads

This isn't about GS. The only argument for anyone here seems to be pointing out GS. If you don't like the threads then GTFO.

Next

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly, another issue with ratings is that they don't account for those who stream games, which more and more folks seem to be doing.

What were game attendances like this year?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: Haven't looked.

Given the price to attend an NBA game and the other options available to watch, I'd guess it was probably down for most teams.

Thanks, I would assume the same thing. I haven't paid for cable in my lifetime so I won't start now. Streaming is the way to go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I would assume the same thing. I haven't paid for cable in my lifetime so I won't start now. Streaming is the way to go.
Total league revenue of the NBA 2001-2016 | Statistic

dude, you are insane

do you think its a coincedence that league revenue is in the roof? that the salary cap - despite the PLAYERS getting 50% of revenues- when they USED to get more--- is ALMOST DOUBLE of it what it was 5 years ago?

I mean- you have to use your brain here brah.

Do you think league revenue continues to climb exponentially because less people are watching?

this is common sense man.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total league revenue of the NBA 2001-2016 | Statistic

dude, you are insane

do you think its a coincedence that league revenue is in the roof? that the salary cap - despite the PLAYERS getting 50% of revenues- when they USED to get more--- is ALMOST DOUBLE of it what it was 5 years ago?

I mean- you have to use your brain here brah.

Do you think league revenue continues to climb exponentially because less people are watching?

this is common sense man.

Because they have increased their revenue streams, and globalized their business. This doesn't mean their American ratings (% of TV viewers) have increased. This just means they have more revenue streams and people to tap into.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have increased their revenue streams, and globalized their business. This doesn't mean their American ratings (% of TV viewers) have increased. This just means they have more revenue streams and people to tap into.
it means they have overall more eyeballs on basketball and more dollars being spent on basketball than ever before. the game has NEVER in its HISTORY been more popular. Thats not even in the BALL PARK of debatable.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it means they have overall more eyeballs on basketball and more dollars being spent on basketball than ever before. the game has NEVER in its HISTORY been more popular. Thats not even in the BALL PARK of debatable.

The dude is saying only American eyeballs count LOL