• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Power Rankings - YTD Review

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC
PAC
B1G
ACC
B12
AAC

As for SOS, I think it's only worth mentioning when comparing two teams with the same record and no head to head.

Although many SOS calculations are severely flawed until the season has played out.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC
PAC
B1G
ACC
B12
AAC

As for SOS, I think it's only worth mentioning when comparing two teams with the same record and no head to head.

Although many SOS calculations are severely flawed until the season has played out.

Then just curious how you are quantifying how the middle of the pack/lower B1G teams are THAT much better than the middle of the pack/lower ACC teams to where you would think the conference on a whole is better.

To me, no one other than tOSU in the B1G is on the same level as FSU, Clemson, or Miami now. That shows in the polls too. If you can agree with that, then the mid/low level teams must be much better in the B1G than the ACC to result in your ranking.

I am interested to hear how B1G fans are validating or quantifying this, because the results must be fairly telling. None of them have answered with anything more than opinion and flawed logic

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then just curious how you are quantifying how the middle of the pack/lower B1G teams are THAT much better than the middle of the pack/lower ACC teams to where you would think the conference on a whole is better.

To me, no one other than tOSU in the B1G is on the same level as FSU, Clemson, or Miami now. That shows in the polls too. If you can agree with that, then the mid/low level teams must be much better in the B1G than the ACC to result in your ranking.

I am interested to hear how B1G fans are validating or quantifying this, because the results must be fairly telling. None of them have answered with anything more than opinion and flawed logic

Ok, how about because we A.) have more teams currently ranked and B.) have more teams receiving votes. Pretty good indicator that our conference is better overall.

Over half of our conference is either ranked or receiving votes to be ranked, and that doesn't count a Northwestern team who was ranked in the teens before getting crippled with injuries to basically every playmaker they have. The ACC has FSU, Clemson and Miami ranked, and VT and Duke (LOL) receiving votes.

YOUR 5th BEST TEAM IS DUKE! THAT IS WHY THE B1G IS STRONGER!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY......
Yeah, except you forgot that 4 other teams have also won BCS titles in the BCS era. I get Bama's domination right now, but don't act like the other SEC teams aren't doing well (Ky and MsState, etc. obviously excepted). FIFY.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, how about because we A.) have more teams currently ranked and B.) have more teams receiving votes. Pretty good indicator that our conference is better overall.

Over half of our conference is either ranked or receiving votes to be ranked, and that doesn't count a Northwestern team who was ranked in the teens before getting crippled with injuries to basically every playmaker they have. The ACC has FSU, Clemson and Miami ranked, and VT and Duke (LOL) receiving votes.

YOUR 5th BEST TEAM IS DUKE! THAT IS WHY THE B1G IS STRONGER!
-
What are the injuroes at NW? Venric has missed basically the entire season. He only played vs OSU. Hard to say a guy that missed the opener going down crippled the team. Colter missed Minnesota.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
What are the injuroes at NW? Venric has missed basically the entire season. He only played vs OSU. Hard to say a guy that missed the opener going down crippled the team. Colter missed Minnesota.

Mark is by far their best player, not having him has been huge. He was still hurt against OSU and never should've played. Colter has both a busted wrist and shoulder, and Christian Jones (their leading receiver from 2012) has been dealing with a hurt elbow. All of them have appeared on the injury reports throughout the season.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark is by far their best player, not having him has been huge. He was still hurt against OSU and never should've played. Colter has both a busted wrist and shoulder, and Christian Jones (their leading receiver from 2012) has been dealing with a hurt elbow. All of them have appeared on the injury reports throughout the season.
-
Just hard to say they were crippled by a player who basically hasnt played all yr. Seems a bit disingenuous

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When in doubt, fall back on 'how injured' a historically awful 4-4 Northwestern program is.

You can make jokes about Duke, (who is 5-2, not 4-4 like Northwestern) but pimping Northwestern football is the same thing.

You're just dealing your same non sequitor logic that you've been doing all thread/season.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference Power Rankings are like fat chicks that want to be friends with the good looking chicks so they think they are cool.

Your Conference is not going to make your .500 team look any better

so eat another slice of cake lard ass

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When in doubt, fall back on 'how injured' a historically awful 4-4 Northwestern program is.

You can make jokes about Duke, (who is 5-2, not 4-4 like Northwestern) but pimping Northwestern football is the same thing.

You're just dealing your same non sequitor logic that you've been doing all thread/season.

How am I "in doubt"? Even without NW, we have more teams ranked and more receiving votes.

Northwestern won 10 games last year and returned most of the same starters this year. When was the last time Duke could say that?

Over the last decade, the "historically awful" Northwestern has averaged 7 wins a season and have had 8, 9, and 10 win seasons all over just the last 5. Duke, on the other hand, has averaged 3 wins. That's right, 3 wins per season. Their best win total of the last decade, 6, is less than Northwestern's average. The two are not even on remotely the same level in football, fool.

Need me to work you over any more or have you had your fill for the day?

Last edited by a moderator:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I "in doubt"? Even without NW, we have more teams ranked and more receiving votes.

Northwestern won 10 games last year and returned most of the same starters this year. When was the last time Duke could say that?

Over the last decade, the "historically awful" Northwestern has averaged 7 wins a season and have had 8, 9, and 10 win seasons all over just the last 5. Duke, on the other hand, has averaged 3 wins. That's right, 3 wins per season. Their best win total of the last decade, 6, is less than Northwestern's average. The two are not even on remotely the same level in football, fool.

Need me to work you over any more or have you had your fill for the day?

you are right. they aren't on the same level. duke is better than northwestern this year.