• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Conference Finals: Washington Capitals v. Tampa Bay Lightning

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info fellas. It's a combo of generous rules, GMs playing it wrong, and a team full of over achievers. Got it. Personally I think it sucks. Long term fans should be the ones rewarded with success, not fans of an expansion team who are just happy to have a team and probably say shit like "let's go to a hockey game, it will be fun". I realize I'm in this category, LOL but you guys know what I mean. A Leafs fan deserves this more than a Vegas fan.

Also remember that hockey is just about the only one of the major sports where every playoff team actually has a chance to win it all just about every season (& the lowest seeds have actually won the Stanley Cup). Add a hot goaltender to the mix (e.g. Vegas) & anything is possible & it is not simply a matter of having the best talent ala the NBA.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also remember that hockey is just about the only one of the major sports where every playoff team actually has a chance to win it all just about every season (& the lowest seeds have actually won the Stanley Cup). Add a hot goaltender to the mix (e.g. Vegas) & anything is possible & it is not simply a matter of having the best talent ala the NBA.

I grew up a huge NBA fan, laughed at the people who said they only try for the final 2 minutes. I couldn't understand why they didn't enjoy the greatest athletes in the world. While I still believe they are the best athletes the NBA is a joke. It may as well be pro wrestling with the final results pre-determined. So I switched to hockey and like it so much better for the reason you stated. Unlike the NBA any team can, and has, won it all. But I'm still in transition and rarely watch teams other than the Caps.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the second an athlete comes on sports radio I change the station.

Yeah, they're usually pretty boring. The local sports station here used to have Brooks Laich on all the time and Brooksy was actually pretty interesting and a good interview.

Now they have John Carlson (who has one of the most monotone voices ever) and Jay Beagle who starts every other sentence with "obviously" for some reason. Don't get me wrong, Beagle and Carlson are both great players, beloved in the area, and are fantastic human beings off the ice. They're just also kinda boring to listen to in an interview format. But that's okay, I like how they play hockey!

And I hope both have incredible games tonight!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- we gotta take it one shift at a time
- get pucks in deep
- play the right way
- give it 110%
- hard on the forecheck
- felate a donkey

Woah... I don't remember that last one.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon guys, its a series thread on a family board. You should at least change it to:

"Go down on a donkey"

Much classier.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon guys, its a series thread on a family board. You should at least change it to:

"Go down on a donkey"

Much classier.

Comeds is always good for a quip and speaking of that, he's in the field for the Preakness - Latest odds are as follows:

Justify (2-5)
Good Magic (7-2)
Quip (16-1)
Diamond King (16-1)
Sporting Chance (22-1)
Bravazo (20-1)
Tenfold (25-1)
Lone Sailor (25-1)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comeds is always good for a quip and speaking of that, he's in the field for the Preakness - Latest odds are as follows:

Justify (2-5)
Good Magic (7-2)
Quip (16-1)
Diamond King (16-1)
Sporting Chance (22-1)
Bravazo (20-1)
Tenfold (25-1)
Lone Sailor (25-1)

To tie it all together, I know a chick who went down on dude in a port-o-pot at Preakness. This was learned while a bunch of us were in a car heading to play paintball and one guy on a cell phone goes "You blew a guy in a portable toilet?!?!" Which of all the things I've overheard on the one sided conversations on phones over the years still ranks at #1. He wasn't a donkey though.

Also, Nick Backstrom is out tonight. #NonSequitur

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how big of a brittle bitch Backstrom is being. It's a hand injury.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how big of a brittle bitch Backstrom is being. It's a hand injury.

Lol. Backstrom's injury and start history suggests he's far from a bitch. Yeah, it's a hand injury. A broken or fractured hand. Weird how a broken hand makes it hard to play hockey.

Olczyk and Jones both said after the game the other night you let him heal as much as you can until you definitely need him and I think that's the right approach.

I'm sure Nicky HATES to be missing his first conference finals but the Caps must feel he can't be close to 100% if they are holding him out still. Hope he gets better quick.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting facepalmed, but those Pens fans who don't know what a body check is were accusing me of being the biggest Caps homer on the board? I don't get it.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3 about to be begin....

Rock The Red boys :suds:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely lazy and disorganized shift from the Caps there. Orlov's worst of the playoffs. Not playing a terrible game, but not clearing pucks with authority and not getting them in deep on the O.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go, Caps! Let's show this team and it's garbage fan base that we don't just lay down like they do!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominate the last 5-6 minutes and the Bolts get a cheapie. That sucks. Holtby just not on his A game tonight.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominate the last 5-6 minutes and the Bolts get a cheapie. That sucks. Holtby just not on his A game tonight.
:nod: I assumed TB would be at their best tonight and the caps didn't bring the energy they did the past 2 games