• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Conference Finals: Washington Capitals v. Tampa Bay Lightning

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the link but I'm still confused. Looks like the other GMs more than the rule set them up but it also looked like nobody expected them to be this good this fast. I still don't get it, they were not receiving the other team's top players. I mean I get the goalie deal but the rest were down the roster guys for the most part I would think
It helped some guys played well above any ability ever shown before:

William Karlsson 42 goals -> Previous high 9.
Eric Haula 29 goals -> 15
Collin Miller 10 goals -> 6 (remember defenseman)
Tuch 15 goals -> 0 (career AHL'er)

Fleury a 3 time cup winner and players like Perron, Marchessault, Neal, Reilly Smith are already good.

Then they got great role players like Bellemare and Engelland.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a hard core hockey guy, I watch the Caps and that's it. So please help this idiot understand how the fuck an expansion team is in the conference finals?

The-Bad-News-Bears.jpg

More like:

03-17i-brainandnervetonic.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Also this expansion draft is a far cry from the Sharks and the garbage they got in 1991.

You knew coming in they wanted Vegas to be good and with the salary cap, NMC, NTC clauses on players made it easier for them to be successful sooner.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Also this expansion draft is a far cry from the Sharks and the garbage they got in 1991.

You knew coming in they wanted Vegas to be good and with the salary cap, NMC, NTC clauses on players made it easier for them to be successful sooner.

You don't want to suck when you put down 500 shmill.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLE76SRWPU767MBFUF6ZQZ2GNY.jpg

Even with a 2-0 series leads, Caps still not the fav so win the Cup.

Relish the underdog role!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the info fellas. It's a combo of generous rules, GMs playing it wrong, and a team full of over achievers. Got it. Personally I think it sucks. Long term fans should be the ones rewarded with success, not fans of an expansion team who are just happy to have a team and probably say shit like "let's go to a hockey game, it will be fun". I realize I'm in this category, LOL but you guys know what I mean. A Leafs fan deserves this more than a Vegas fan.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info fellas. It's a combo of generous rules, GMs playing it wrong, and a team full of over achievers. Got it. Personally I think it sucks. Long term fans should be the ones rewarded with success, not fans of an expansion team who are just happy to have a team and probably say shit like "let's go to a hockey game, it will be fun". I realize I'm in this category, LOL but you guys know what I mean. A Leafs fan deserves this more than a Vegas fan.

As a long-suffering Washington sports' fan and knowing many other markets and great sports' towns whose fandom is not matched with deserved results, I can say that sports' fans rarely get what they deserve. The chance of it all is what makes it so exhilarating in the first place. And it's also what makes a run like this year's so special regardless of where it ends up. I'm just enjoying the ride...

...and keeping the faith!!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long-suffering Washington sports' fan and knowing many other markets and great sports' towns whose fandom is not matched with deserved results, I can say that sports' fans rarely get what they deserve. The chance of it all is what makes it so exhilarating in the first place. And it's also what makes a run like this year's so special regardless of where it ends up. I'm just enjoying the ride...

Boy ain't that the truth. Red Sox are my only non-local team, and the only one that doesn't rip you soul out. But of course they did that for 86 years before changing their MO.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember when all is down just think you aren't Atlanta when it comes to be the big 4 sports.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want to suck when you put down 500 shmill.

And the league would never get anyone to pay the same or more ever again if they had typical expansion success.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the league would never get anyone to pay the same or more ever again if they had typical expansion success.
Plus, fans aren't going to show up. This way, they can pack the arena and create the core of their fan base quickly

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Plus, fans aren't going to show up. This way, they can pack the arena and create the core of their fan base quickly

however, every one of us thought Vegas was going to be hot garbage this season.
and anyone telling you different is lying.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they used voodoo, you say

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington looks like a team on a mission.
They are all business.
I see them winning it all.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington looks like a team on a mission.
They are all business.
I see them winning it all.

Look.... this time of year everyone wants it. All four teams left have some talented guys in their locker room and they play smart and they have a good coach. We just need to play our game, put in a strong effort for a full 60 minutes, and hope the results go our way.

(sound enough like every player interview?)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, I didn't see Vegas making the playoffs this year, let alone winning the Pacific Division. What they have accomplished this season thus far is truly remarkable.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look.... this time of year everyone wants it. All four teams left have some talented guys in their locker room and they play smart and they have a good coach. We just need to play our game, put in a strong effort for a full 60 minutes, and hope the results go our way.

(sound enough like every player interview?)

This is why the second an athlete comes on sports radio I change the station.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the second an athlete comes on sports radio I change the station.

- we gotta take it one shift at a time
- get pucks in deep
- play the right way
- give it 110%
- hard on the forecheck
- make the smart play