• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completed Trades

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An update on the PTBNL:
My trade partner is having a tough time deciding which RP to send me. Trouble is, he has waited so long that Gyorko will likely be activated before any decision is made. My guess is that our trade will look something like this:
Healthy Gyorko for
Deposed and crappy Heath Bell
I told him he needed to move before Gyorko got activated. That deal, to me looks horribly one sided. Especially when I immediately drop Bell.

Even if it's done today, everyone is gonna question why you are trading for Bell when Putz will be back this week. Not Good.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know your league better than us. I think that fantasy baseball is the rare sport where you can regularly improve your team by trading the best player or the biggest name. The key is to get your opposition to overpay. I am not sure that you have done that here.

If you like Pence and Gio, then go ahead and do it. It isn't a bad offer.

So, i regretably made the the trade getting Gio and pence and giving up cahil and votto... After i made it, i was surprised by the responses of the league... they were saying i won the trade, they were even saying to my trading partner that all he got was votto after giving up so much... I thought that that was the best offer i was going to get, but i did not realize how much the league values pitching and OF to allow me to actually win the trade...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just completed two trades in two different leagues.

First one is a 12-team H2H non keeper On ESPN. I gave up James Shields and Travis Wood for Strasburg and Jose Fernandez. This was a pretty even deal, I just liked the two players I got a bit better. I'm taking a risk with Stras seemingly hurt all the time, but it was one I was willing to take.

The second one is in a 10-team H2H 5-player keeper league on CBS. I had tried weeks ago to get Verlander but the owner declined. He sent me a message yesterday asking if I still wanted him. I. Assuming his poor performance recently had something to do with his change of heart. So I offered up Jarrod Parker and Heyward. I wasn't planning on keeping either and if JV even returns to 80% of his normal self I've made out, IMHO.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your first deal is an embarrassment of riches for you.
Deal 2, I guess with just 5 keepers, it's not as bad as my initial thought. But Heyward is an immense talent. Parker has been doing great lately while there really are some legitimate concerns about Verlander. Here's an interesting look from fantasyfix yesterday:

The BABIP Monologues: Justin Verlander and His Mythical Bad Luck | The Fantasy Fix

Now, I'm a HUGE Verlander fan. He's an incredible competitor and I just traded for him too, so I'm hopeful. I'm just a little more optimistic about Heyward :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just completed two trades in two different leagues.

First one is a 12-team H2H non keeper On ESPN. I gave up James Shields and Travis Wood for Strasburg and Jose Fernandez. This was a pretty even deal, I just liked the two players I got a bit better. I'm taking a risk with Stras seemingly hurt all the time, but it was one I was willing to take.

The second one is in a 10-team H2H 5-player keeper league on CBS. I had tried weeks ago to get Verlander but the owner declined. He sent me a message yesterday asking if I still wanted him. I. Assuming his poor performance recently had something to do with his change of heart. So I offered up Jarrod Parker and Heyward. I wasn't planning on keeping either and if JV even returns to 80% of his normal self I've made out, IMHO.

I think your first deal is a steal. The second? Well...i'm the one who traded JV to Philabuster for less than that, so...we'll see! :)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just a little more optimistic about Heyward
Don't get me wrong, I love Heyward. But I have Harper coming off the DL soon and I needed to free up a spot. I already have Austin Jackson, Domonic Brown, and Chris Davis (along with Heyward) in my OF. Heyward was expendable as I would have 5 OFs for 3 spots and one utility. Plus, with my staff of Harvey, JV(now), David Price, Shelby Miller, Scherzer, Samardija, and Jose Fernandez, and others, I have more than enough issues trying to figure out the 5 I'll be keeping. ;)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're playing with the bank's money :) That does make a difference. :)
I'm with you hoping Verlander comes back even 80%

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your first deal is an embarrassment of riches for you.
Deal 2, I guess with just 5 keepers, it's not as bad as my initial thought. But Heyward is an immense talent. Parker has been doing great lately while there really are some legitimate concerns about Verlander. Here's an interesting look from fantasyfix yesterday:

The BABIP Monologues: Justin Verlander and His Mythical Bad Luck | The Fantasy Fix

Now, I'm a HUGE Verlander fan. He's an incredible competitor and I just traded for him too, so I'm hopeful. I'm just a little more optimistic about Heyward :)

Good article. I still think his bad luck was being dumped by Kate Upton.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An update on the PTBNL:

I told him he needed to move before Gyorko got activated. That deal, to me looks horribly one sided. Especially when I immediately drop Bell.

Padres second baseman Jedd Gyorko was forced out of his first rehab game with Double-A San Antonio Wednesday.
Gyorko [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]350057491113054210[/MEDIA]"]experienced tightness in his groin[/ame] while trying to stretch out a single into a double in his first rehab at-bat. The Padres have listed his removal as "precautionary," according to the U-T San Diego. Gyorko has been out since June 9 due to this injury.

Looks like Gyorko just bought you some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the best thing that could have happened.

Other owner needs to exercise the option by July 1. This may encourage him to take the Verlander/Price deal instead of Gyorko.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, opening up myself for criticism...but:
14tm near dynasty:
Sent Chapman+Granderson for Gausman+Webster.

League set-up favours move I think:
Both Ps I receive can be kept in minors system until next year (although I can use them during playoffs)
This basically allows me to hold onto a couple extra major league players.
Mostly I did it to have those extra arms during the playoffs.
I have excess RPs and Granderson is a luxury I don't need in the OF (Stanton, Kemp, Gardner, Fowler and backup Nava)

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, opening up myself for criticism...but:
14tm near dynasty:
Sent Chapman+Granderson for Gausman+Webster.

League set-up favours move I think:
Both Ps I receive can be kept in minors system until next year (although I can use them during playoffs)
This basically allows me to hold onto a couple extra major league players.
Mostly I did it to have those extra arms during the playoffs.
I have excess RPs and Granderson is a luxury I don't need in the OF (Stanton, Kemp, Gardner, Fowler and backup Nava)

I know you have a gluttony of closers, but like I said before you've only got 2 that you can count on. But since this was last discussed, the second player has change.

Gausman & Webster both have upside, but neither will really contribute much this year (and both/neither are a guarantee). If you're counting on these guys for those extra arms for the playoffs, I don't think you're gonna be happy come playoff time.

And I realize Granderson is a luxury on your team, but he's a nice luxury to have and you practically gave him away. With the two players you're giving, you should have been able to get back an established arm that could help you more this year along with one of those players.
I think your fascination with rookies got the better of you on this one.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure Mujica can be counted on at this point.
I really hate closers.
I completely see your argument. I really like Webster, and his inclusion in the deal perhaps made me over-anxious :)
We shall see
Worst case, I have 2 arms in my minors system who should have bright futures, if not presents. Always look on the bright side of life. (I want a monty python clip added here lol)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chapman in a dynasty is exactly that, minus the dy ...

NASTY!!!

Hate to poke my head in the discussion, as I'm not up to date on your league terms and such, but if you could have had Chappy every day, every year, I think you've made a boo-boo.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always look on the bright side of life

Here is my take on this, and pretty much how I fit.

Optimist = The glass is half full

Pessimist = The glass is half empty

Me = Are you sure there is even a glass at all? I don't see it, so you will have to prove to me that it is there at all for me to be able to have an opinion either way.

This should qualify as insight, and not lead to any sort of contempt or pity.

I yam who and what I yam.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfaoooooo

Gets me every time. OMG. Classic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the best thing that could have happened.

Other owner needs to exercise the option by July 1. This may encourage him to take the Verlander/Price deal instead of Gyorko.

Philabuster,

Time will tell on this deal, but TKO is right. Chapman should have a ton of keeper value. For that price, I would have held out for an elite prospect bat along with Gausman. Pitcher prospects are too hard to predict. Gausman and Webster could literally end up being nothing.

Also, I wanted to update you guys on the PTBNL. I forgot about this thread all together.

I ended up convincing him to take the Verlander/Price deal, but I had to throw in Colby Rasmus. Not a horrible price to pay, but he really needed a bat. I think Price is going to have a huge second half, and Verlander, I am just not sure.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I wanted to update you guys on the PTBNL. I forgot about this thread all together.
I ended up convincing him to take the Verlander/Price deal, but I had to throw in Colby Rasmus. Not a horrible price to pay, but he really needed a bat. I think Price is going to have a huge second half, and Verlander, I am just not sure.

Rasmus is no big loss, and like you I think Price will be the better player to have in the 2nd half.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a trade accepted in Big D's roto league (with BigD).
I get Jose Bautista for Manny Machado & Michael Brantley.

I wasn't expecting it to be accepted but thought it was a good starting point for negotiations.

From my stand point, I've got Josh Donaldson :-)hope: please don't get hurt) so Machado was only filling 1 of my utility slots which now goes to Eric Hosmer (or insert hot hitting name here).

I like Brantley but I have no big HR guy in the OF. I picked up Puig when he came up but other than that I've been living off off of guys like Byrd, Werth, Crisp, Gardner, Crawford, Mclough, all guys that give you runs, steals & BA but no HR threat and not much help with RBI's with the exception of Byrd/Brantley.