• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly how I feel , everything that I held near and dear was stolen from me by cowards . Completely disenfranchised and people think a few wins will simply erase that . Well it won’t

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly how I feel , everything that I held near and dear was stolen from me by cowards . Completely disenfranchised and people think a few wins will simply erase that . Well it won’t
Much respect towards your feelings and no disrespect intended, but how have your memories been stolen from you? That sense of disenfranchisement I do understand looking at it from your perspective on name changes only, but that doesn't take away the SB, years, or pulling for a team that had no chance to be anything more than fodder for others to step on as they marched on. All of that is still yours and no one or no entity can ever take that from you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect towards your feelings and no disrespect intended, but how have your memories been stolen from you? That sense of disenfranchisement I do understand looking at it from your perspective on name changes only, but that doesn't take away the SB, years, or pulling for a team that had no chance to be anything more than fodder for others to step on as they marched on. All of that is still yours and no one or no entity can ever take that from you.
Yes it does , all of it will be erased , the mob has determined the name will be canceled, no more memories can happen . It’s a new team that has done nothing to keep me and in fact has done everything to send me packing . I want to give it a chance but they don’t want me .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does , all of it will be erased , the mob has determined the name will be canceled, no more memories can happen . It’s a new team that has done nothing to keep me and in fact has done everything to send me packing . I want to give it a chance but they don’t want me .
Choices have consequences my friend! I am convinced by all of your postings and debate points over all of these years, that it's a waste of time and effort to "make" you do anything that you don't want to do! Correct?? How then is this not a choice of your own doing? If there's anyone on this board that comes close to knowing what you're feeling it's me, who for my entire life followed and supported a team with a moniker that literally served as a constant dinergrating battering ram, that mocked my existence. So, I too had a choice to make between supporting or not supporting my hometown team because of the name that it bore. It was a character choice. I made it work by never using the name and being a part of the fight to have it changed. So, now you too have a choice to make, but it must be completely yours, not forced, coerced, nor based upon hurt feelings. Whatever choice that happens to be, you have my support!! Should you decide to leave you're going to be missed, however, should you decide to stay and fight to have "Commanders" changed, I'll be your ally in that effort. It turns out that I have a lot of experience in fighting such battles. :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choices have consequences my friend! I am convinced by all of your postings and debate points over all of these years, that it's a waste of time and effort to "make" you do anything that you don't want to do! Correct?? How then is this not a choice of your own doing? If there's anyone on this board that comes close to knowing what you're feeling it's me, who for my entire life followed and supported a team with a moniker that literally served as a constant dinergrating battering ram, that mocked my existence. So, I too had a choice to make between supporting or not supporting my hometown team because of the name that it bore. It was a character choice. I made it work by never using the name and being a part of the fight to have it changed. So, now you too have a choice to make, but it must be completely yours, not forced, coerced, nor based upon hurt feelings. Whatever choice that happens to be, you have my support!! Should you decide to leave you're going to be missed, however, should you decide to stay and fight to have "Commanders" changed, I'll be your ally in that effort. It turns out that I have a lot of experience in fighting such battles. :suds:
I am not leaving the board , don’t worry about that

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but some people’s are just fucking dumb.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought about some of these thing since RR was hired but the recent changes and events has really made me think about the ...

RR did okay in Carolina, he had a single big year with two other very good years and 6 years of below .500 football. Now add two more years of below .500 football. I don't think he has ever proven to be a personnel guy and as much as I love Joe Gibbs I always thought don't let Joe buy the groceries but let him cook the meal.

I believe Gibbs loves the idea of his first stint coaching here. I am not sure why he supports Dan knowing the turd Dan is. Reportedly he recommended RR to Dan and blew smoke up RR's ass about the job.

You have to think that RR quietly thinks what the hell did I sign up for? Sexual harassment, name changes etc. etc. Of course $25 - $35 million can make you put up with a lot of crap. Just ask Jason Wright or Bruce Allen.

I don't think RR is the guy to lead the team anywhere but I don't think Gibbs 2.0, Shanahan or Gruden were going to get it done because of Dan's meddling. I love Spurrier but he was in over his head and Zorn was laughable. The only guy with a pair was Marty and that lasted one year.

Sadly I see more of the same. There is Dan and his flunky of the month. Nothing has changed, Dan might be supposedly on double secret probation but that is a wink and a hand shake deal. Lets hope Dan buries himself in this latest mess regarding sexual harassment.

I almost hate to see good players come to Washington knowing the shit show they are entering. For you guys that love Watson or Wilson and I get it .... do you really want to see them come here just to watch it go up in smoke?

Look at the league. Many of todays successful HCs were here, or came off one of those HCs tree. You can say they weren't ready but holy shit, these guys are getting hired left and right and doing well.

It breaks my heart to see guys like BMitch, Gary Clark and Joe T telling us we should all be behind the new name. Thank God Riggins had the stones to say I am a Redskin and don't sell shit with my name on it that say Commanders. John always said what he thought which is one reason he was so popular. He is not in Dan's pocket.

Root for the home town team no matter what their name is if you like but leave the fucking history alone. Some part of me will always root for the home town team but I am also glad that over the last 10 years or so I can find joy and solace in rooting for Cousins, McVay, Shanahan and others that were here.

I think this team could get Corral, Howell, Willis, Watson, Wilson or even Brady and not win consistently.

Back to RR, he is okay. The team is not going to win shit with him though. I also believe he led the charge for the name Commanders and I will always hold that against him.

I think my biggest worry now is what my next motorcycle is going to be and who is going to give me some booty.

Redskins FU.jpg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought about some of these thing since RR was hired but the recent changes and events has really made me think about the ...

RR did okay in Carolina, he had a single big year with two other very good years and 6 years of below .500 football. Now add two more years of below .500 football. I don't think he has ever proven to be a personnel guy and as much as I love Joe Gibbs I always thought don't let Joe buy the groceries but let him cook the meal.

I believe Gibbs loves the idea of his first stint coaching here. I am not sure why he supports Dan knowing the turd Dan is. Reportedly he recommended RR to Dan and blew smoke up RR's ass about the job.

You have to think that RR quietly thinks what the hell did I sign up for? Sexual harassment, name changes etc. etc. Of course $25 - $35 million can make you put up with a lot of crap. Just ask Jason Wright or Bruce Allen.

I don't think RR is the guy to lead the team anywhere but I don't think Gibbs 2.0, Shanahan or Gruden were going to get it done because of Dan's meddling. I love Spurrier but he was in over his head and Zorn was laughable. The only guy with a pair was Marty and that lasted one year.

Sadly I see more of the same. There is Dan and his flunky of the month. Nothing has changed, Dan might be supposedly on double secret probation but that is a wink and a hand shake deal. Lets hope Dan buries himself in this latest mess regarding sexual harassment.

I almost hate to see good players come to Washington knowing the shit show they are entering. For you guys that love Watson or Wilson and I get it .... do you really want to see them come here just to watch it go up in smoke?

Look at the league. Many of todays successful HCs were here, or came off one of those HCs tree. You can say they weren't ready but holy shit, these guys are getting hired left and right and doing well.

It breaks my heart to see guys like BMitch, Gary Clark and Joe T telling us we should all be behind the new name. Thank God Riggins had the stones to say I am a Redskin and don't sell shit with my name on it that say Commanders. John always said what he thought which is one reason he was so popular. He is not in Dan's pocket.

Root for the home town team no matter what their name is if you like but leave the fucking history alone. Some part of me will always root for the home town team but I am also glad that over the last 10 years or so I can find joy and solace in rooting for Cousins, McVay, Shanahan and others that were here.

I think this team could get Corral, Howell, Willis, Watson, Wilson or even Brady and not win consistently.

Back to RR, he is okay. The team is not going to win shit with him though. I also believe he led the charge for the name Commanders and I will always hold that against him.

I think my biggest worry now is what my next motorcycle is going to be and who is going to give me some booty.

View attachment 289088
Yes he led the charge and compounded it by lying to the fans about it ,

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Sweat or Chase played well when healthy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now look at our budget

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are crazy! You’d swear we had John Elway here for the last 15 years!

-we’re too good for Wenz
-we’re too good for Goff
-No to Tua

Jeezus Christmas folks! We have a backup XFL guy with a Pop Warner arm and people out here acting like we are some desired QB destination

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t win like that

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are crazy! You’d swear we had John Elway here for the last 15 years!

-we’re too good for Wenz
-we’re too good for Goff
-No to Tua

Jeezus Christmas folks! We have a backup XFL guy with a Pop Warner arm and people out here acting like we are some desired QB destination
Completely agree...Fans are crazy! You'd swear that we actually didn't have John Elway for the last 15 years, and after trying some form of mediocre or has been QB during that time... Yeah

-we’re too good for Wenz
-we’re too good for Goff
-No to Tua

( I'm Not sure about Tua)

Washington has NEVER been a desired destination for players, perhaps it's not them but us...we've gotta change that!! RR, are you listening??