• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

D for dandy?

That’s an old timers word lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletic grades on the trade:

Stars A to A+
Flames D

/Maybe they're confused as the Flames acquired a D-man :noidea:

I'm not a fan of the trade but the D man is 20 years old and by all accounts a bit of a project. By the time (if ever) he's NHL ready the FLames could have no good D-men on the team.

I thought Tanev would have gotten more, TBH. He's exactly the kind of player that plenty of "contenders" could use. The Oilers and Leafs come to mind immediately.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the trade but the D man is 20 years old and by all accounts a bit of a project. By the time (if ever) he's NHL ready the FLames could have no good D-men on the team.

Are Weegar and Andersson going to be whirled away in a tornado to the merry old land of Oz?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletic grades on the trade:

Stars A to A+
Flames D

/Maybe they're confused as the Flames acquired a D-man :noidea:
I wonder what was being offered for him earlier in the year around the time they traded Zadorov.

Conroy maybe overplayed his hand here thinking teams got more desperate as the season went on instead of being willing to pay more earlier.

Also if Kevin Weekes is to be believed the Leafs had to pay a Toronto premium because nobody likes them, which is maybe the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard and yet slightly plausible considering how insane some people are lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Weegar and Andersson going to be whirled away in a tornado to the merry old land of Oz?

Rasmus has 2 years left after this one on his contract. I don't think anyone thinks that Grushnikov will be an impact player by then. He'll only be 22. I think at best he splits time between the A and NHL by then. I think a more realistic timeline has him being a good NHLer (if ever) by the age of 24.

By that time Weegar, if not traded of course, will be 34. He'll likely still be quite a good player but time waits for no man. He'll be declining almost for sure.

The point was that getting a 20 year D man should have nothing to do with the current roster of a team that is at least re-tooling.

FWIW it's worth I'll be pulling for Grushnikov to make it to the show. It's just based on his name. It sounds like the name of a Russian orc from LOTR.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't play too much attention to the Wranglers, but by some accounts I've read, there appear to be some good defensive prospects percolating in the AHL. Poirier, Kuznetsov, and Solovyov just to name three. If Hunter Brzustewicz pans out (80 points in 57 games with Kitchener this season), the Flames could be in not bad shape down the road as far as defense is concerned.

I should also add that Kylington is certainly not chopped liver and this Pachal kid that they plucked off waivers from the Golden Knights is certainly not flashy, but solid on the backend.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Tanev would have gotten more, TBH. He's exactly the kind of player that plenty of "contenders" could use. The Oilers and Leafs come to mind immediately.

And Tampa

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tampa

Yeah. I'm sure there are others. But at this price, with this much retention I don't get why the Leafs wouldn't have been all over it. The Oilers might have been a team the Flames didn't want to deal him to, so there's that.

But yeah.

TOR
TBL
DET

could all really use a solid RD among EC playoff hopefuls.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just heard Tanev will not play tonight ... VISA issues

heard his bindle was confiscated at the border

im-canadian-wolverine.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be just posturing or the packages offered thus far are just plain terrible. Could be both.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be just posturing or the packages offered thus far are just plain terrible. Could be both.

You can debate the quality but I think there are too many goalies (potentially) available. And the teams in the most need probably dont think they are close enough to being a legit contender to make an expensive acquisition a good idea.

I keep hearing about the Vegas factor from last year which (rightly or wrongly) sent a message that adquate quantity plus a little luck might be all you need in net. If you buy that, why throw a First plus a good prospect plus ??? for a Markstrom or Saros and zero guarantee of success?

The only teams that seem like a real upgrade in net could make a substantial difference is NJD and LAK. Should they swing for the fences or try something like Jake Allen for a 3rd?

Now there are some rumbles that Kevin Lankinen might be traded, not Saros. He is a serviceable goalie for short periods. Definitely not a 1A, but if you think the Vegas factor can work, Lankinen will come real cheap.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, I thought this was just a Calgary thing when Tre was GM of the Flames...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wonder if they forgot to "circle back"

at least they dont ever have to hear their GM say that garbage

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah gosh darn it lost it at the very last.

Weird that Calgary moved Zadorov to Van instead of Toronto for a third because they didn’t want to retain then traded Tanev for a second and spare parts while retaining 50%.