• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid bugs me.

She bugs me in "Better Things" too. But it seems like she actually might be a pretty good actress, so we're probably going to keep seeing her.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what’s gonna happen from here on out, or what they’re planning, but if the blue line is as set as it’ll get I wouldn’t mind an upgrade on Tyler Bozak.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what’s gonna happen from here on out, or what they’re planning, but if the blue line is as set as it’ll get I wouldn’t mind an upgrade on Tyler Bozak.

The upgrade is right in our own backyard

maxresdefault.jpg

:D

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to get a two-way guy who can handle the tough defensive jobs and free up Kadri and his line. The only thing with that is that you'd probably prefer not to have JVR on your shutdown line but I'm sure they don't want to pull Marleau off and disrupt the Kadri line right now. Kapanen would fit but then where does JVR play? He doesn't fit on the 4th line even if you want to roll all 4 and keep his ice time about the same.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton? :noidea:
Chiarelli was in attendance last night...

I'd like to get a two-way guy who can handle the tough defensive jobs and free up Kadri and his line. The only thing with that is that you'd probably prefer not to have JVR on your shutdown line but I'm sure they don't want to pull Marleau off and disrupt the Kadri line right now. Kapanen would fit but then where does JVR play? He doesn't fit on the 4th line even if you want to roll all 4 and keep his ice time about the same.
Yeah, and say you trade him to accommodate it all, is the benefit at centre worth losing JVR's goals? I'm not 100% that it is, especially considering Marleau is streaky as all hell (and a playoff underperformer). It'd be nice to at least have some skill on the left beyond a rookie and an old man.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://SportsHoopla.com/yatfer9f

I honestly didn't know that they almost traded for Vinny, and I didn't even recall hearing about it when he was a UFA and the media was trying to send him here after TB complianced him a few years ago.

Then again, late 2001 is about when I began smoking weed so...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Elliott out for Philly I wonder if the Leafs can get them to give something decent for Sparks or Pickard.

Friedman said they're talking with Buffalo about Lehner but UFA at end of season and Philly may be willing to take a shot on a controllable goaler that might stick in the show. They do have 2 first rounders this year, I'll gladly make a throw-in (Leivo or Sosh or god-willing Matt Martin) and take STL's pick.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Elliott out for Philly I wonder if the Leafs can get them to give something decent for Sparks or Pickard.

Friedman said they're talking with Buffalo about Lehner but UFA at end of season and Philly may be willing to take a shot on a controllable goaler that might stick in the show. They do have 2 first rounders this year, I'll gladly make a throw-in (Leivo or Sosh or god-willing Matt Martin) and take STL's pick.

I would do that deal. Esp since they have 50 contracts right now. Something has to give.

But I am hoping/dreaming we can use one of Pickard or Sparks (probably Pickard since he has more NHL cred) as part of a package to bamboozle the Isles out of something useful.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do that deal. Esp since they have 50 contracts right now. Something has to give.

But I am hoping/dreaming we can use one of Pickard or Sparks (probably Pickard since he has more NHL cred) as part of a package to bamboozle the Isles out of something useful.
The Isles don't really have anything I'd want outside of their draft picks. Don't have any moveable D and as for prospects Dal Colle seems like a bust, Ho Sang is nuts, shit gets pretty bare after that.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Isles don't really have anything I'd want outside of their draft picks. Don't have any moveable D and as for prospects Dal Colle seems like a bust, Ho Sang is nuts, shit gets pretty bare after that.

Giving up on Johnny T that quickly? :D

Realistically though, I would agree.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, this is Toronto. We are well fucking aware that no. 1 C's don't grow on trees. That's why we signed Tim Connolly.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL Network reporting that TOR is on Nash's 12 team approved list. I must have missed this earlier.

Hope there is no interest on the Buds part.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scoreboard was brought down as it was to be used in a trade for Ryan McDonagh but the Rangers have pulled the plug at the last second. It is now being raised back to its proper height.