• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s reasonable to think that the Leafs would have at least 5 more points in the standings if Marner and Kadri had been playing together all season. That combo has been ridiculously good.

Also, I’m not convinced Jake Gardiner left last night’s game for an injury.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turned the CBJ game on. Leafs up 2-0. Yay! Watched CBJ score two. Switched to PyongYang or PyeonChang or whatever it is and threw the remote away.

Checked online later and it was 4-2 Leafs. Stayed with the Olympics, I am clearly a jinx.

Nice to see Nazem with the hattie. He has become the butt of a running joke in our family. The team announcers tend to pronounce his name "Kaaa-dree". The US based announcers like to pronounce it "Kah-dree".

BGDave: Hey wife, Kaaa-dree got a hat trick
Mrs BGDave: Good for him, but are you sure it wasnt Kah-dree? Kaaa-dree is in a slump.

/as you were

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turned the CBJ game on. Leafs up 2-0. Yay! Watched CBJ score two. Switched to PyongYang or PyeonChang or whatever it is and threw the remote away.

Checked online later and it was 4-2 Leafs. Stayed with the Olympics, I am clearly a jinx.

Nice to see Nazem with the hattie. He has become the butt of a running joke in our family. The team announcers tend to pronounce his name "Kaaa-dree". The US based announcers like to pronounce it "Kah-dree".

BGDave: Hey wife, Kaaa-dree got a hat trick
Mrs BGDave: Good for him, but are you sure it wasnt Kah-dree? Kaaa-dree is in a slump.

/as you were
All I know about Kaaa-dree is he has 6 goals and 9 points in his last 6 games against Columbus.

/Kah-dree probably still isn't worth a first round pick, though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs are the best team in Canada - Man, it's been a while since we've been able to say that.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching them fuck this all up is going to be hilarious/extremely painful.

Yes it will. I can realistically see a path to the Conference championship, and at the same time, an excruciating first round flame out. The only certainty is more grey/gray hair for me and a kickstart on an ulcer.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it will. I can realistically see a path to the Conference championship, and at the same time, an excruciating first round flame out. The only certainty is more grey/gray hair for me and a kickstart on an ulcer.
They're not playing bad and shot totals don't always tell the whole story but even on this 9/10 streak they've been outshot in 5 of those wins and 4 of those were by 10 or more shots. There is no way that holds up in the playoffs.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not playing bad and shot totals don't always tell the whole story but even on this 9/10 streak they've been outshot in 5 of those wins and 4 of those were by 10 or more shots. There is no way that holds up in the playoffs.
I've seen this movie with Freddy before - don't burn him out before the playoffs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this movie with Freddy before - don't burn him out before the playoffs.
I’m not too worried about him. He’s on pace to play about the same number of games as last season and while he’s facing an extra shot or two per game this season, I doubt it’ll make too much of a difference. He wasn’t the reason they lost to the Caps last spring.

But, yeah, it’d be nice to see McBackup or one of the AHL goalies pick up some starts down the stretch once the playoff picture is more settled. As long as they have the chance at home ice (and 1st in the division, for that matter) I can’t imagine Freddy’s going to get a lighter workload any time soon.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick stat of the day:

Between the Leafs and Marlies, the 2 teams are currently 24-1-1.

Marlies are under 2 GA for the season. For the A, that is nuts.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick stat of the day:

Between the Leafs and Marlies, the 2 teams are currently 24-1-1.

Marlies are under 2 GA for the season. For the A, that is nuts.
And yet for all of the Marlies' success the only guy there that really warrants an NHL call-up right now is Johnsson.

That's not to say there isn't young talent there - I'd say any or all of Aaltonen, Bracco, Timashov and Liljegren could show up on the Leafs' NHL roster at some point next season - but in terms of guys who would make an impact here and now on the big club it's pretty much just Johnsson (and maybe the goalies).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, are the Wings trying to trade for Matt Martin? Because that's the only way this would make any sense.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, are the Wings trying to trade for Matt Martin? Because that's the only way this would make any sense.

4th line centre is a tough spot to fill, it's important to get a guy with term back there.