• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
always an excuse to post a really good pic

odjick_vs_link_gaetz.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A source close to the project says Leiweke will announce that his Seattle effort will be joined by Boston Celtics Minority Owner David Bonderman, a billionaire and University of Washington grad, and Jerry Bruckheimer, the Hollywood action movie mogul, who most recently pioneered the “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise.

Both Bonderman and Bruckheimer are expected to announce soon their intention to attract an NHL expansion franchise to be an anchor tenant in the facility, according to a source close to the project.

At least two NHL leaders are expected to be in attendance, including Vancouver Canucks Chairman Francesco Aquilini and Florida Panthers Chairman Peter Luukko, who is one of Leiweke’s current partners in the Oak View Group.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to live pretty close to Key Arena when I was working in Seattle some 15 years ago now (definitely within walking distance), but I don't remember a great deal of parking in the surrounding area.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the good folks involved with the Key Arena project will get it renovated just in time for the Flames to relocate to Seattle (based on the news out of Calgary today).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the NHL enjoys having a team with 6,000 people in attendance at that shitty location.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida chairman just happens to be a partner? Some relocation action going on?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rather see seattle with a team than vegas......whats wrong with Calgary?:scratch:

Just strong arm negotiation tactics by blowhard Brian Burke about getting a new arena built or the team will relocate.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't brian work for the owners?.....so essentially he is speaking for them? I usually don't see GMs speaking for owners on arena issues, but I have been wrong before

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't brian work for the owners?.....so essentially he is speaking for them? I usually don't see GMs speaking for owners on arena issues, but I have been wrong before

He was basically just repeating today what Ken King said about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I think it's likely a moot point as my gut tells me a new arena will eventually be built and public funds will be involved.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question for you hockey fans. Is the NHL really going to wait until the earliest 2021 to expand to 32 teams? The State of Washington is a good market but that location has already proven it can't support a WHL team so it moved when it was essentially playing rent free.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question for you hockey fans. Is the NHL really going to wait until the earliest 2021 to expand to 32 teams? The State of Washington is a good market but that location has already proven it can't support a WHL team so it moved when it was essentially playing rent free.

As a WHL season ticket holder. Ot is alot different game. With the WHL you got 2-4 years( depends on talent level) and then your done. There is alot of movement as well. You can't behind a guy (or its hard to). Seattle to me seems like a pro team town. I think it has "Nashville" potential

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a WHL season ticket holder. Ot is alot different game. With the WHL you got 2-4 years( depends on talent level) and then your done. There is alot of movement as well. You can't behind a guy (or its hard to). Seattle to me seems like a pro team town. I think it has "Nashville" potential

I don't know Judge, there is a lot more competition for the sports entertainment dollar in Seattle than there is in Nashville. Seahawks, Sounders, UW Huskies, and Mariners would likely all take priority over a Seattle NHL team from a sports fan perspective. As far as Nashville is concerned, you have the Titans and Vanderbilt football/basketball. I'm just not sure if Seattle hockey fans are ready to shell out $100+ for 41 games.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Judge, there is a lot more competition for the sports entertainment dollar in Seattle than there is in Nashville. Seahawks, Sounders, UW Huskies, and Mariners would likely all take priority over a Seattle NHL team from a sports fan perspective. As far as Nashville is concerned, you have the Titans and Vanderbilt football/basketball. I'm just not sure if Seattle hockey fans are ready to shell out $100+ for 41 games.

Ive gone back and forth on this ... and Im currently on the "they wont support this" side ... especially if an NBA team comes back

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive gone back and forth on this ... and Im currently on the "they wont support this" side ... especially if an NBA team comes back

Don't get me wrong, I hope this goes well. I just think they have a greater chance of success if they build a new arena in the SoDo district close to Safeco Field and Centurylink than renovating Key Arena.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I hope this goes well. I just think they have a greater chance of success if they build a new arena in the SoDo district close to Safeco Field and Centurylink than renovating Key Arena.

same ... i just dont know about the fan support long term ... which is odd because seattle has a fairly strong adult rec hockey program/registration ... and the kids teams Ive come across have been good

/cesspool mentioned something like only 5 players have ever come out of washington st to play in the nhl

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My issue with this isn't that Seattle will get a team. I know there is a rabid fan base for hockey in the area. The issue is the area they will be in. It wasn't good enough for WHL fans to get to, how is that same shitty location going to get fans to. I just hope the NHL realize how horrible it is to put a team into such a horrible area for sports. I've seen you on the wrestling website. Not enough wrestling fans in the area wanting to deal with that area to sell out Daniel Bryan's retirement.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A NBA team will never return to that location. So they will be the sole main tenant that actually pays to play there unlike the WNBA team who gets paid to play there.