• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Come onnnnn, Vikings!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Vikings haven't played an outdoor home playoff game since the 70's. They are no more adapted and experienced IN THAT ENVIRONMENT than Seattle is.

Russell Wilson played college ball at Wisky. He's played in some freaking cold games before.

Rain/Sleet/Snow etc will matter more than the temp. If it's dry the impact will be on both teams. If it's windy and snowing it probably slightly favors Min, but that depends on if Lynch is playing and healthy enough to go all game.

Seahawks will be ready for this game. You can bank on that. Doesn't mean a win, but they aren't coming out flat or worried about the weather. Their energy will be quite high. They have been here before and know what it takes to play 1 and done football. It should be a good game.

Being out in it every day is an advantage. Whether it helps or not won't be evident until Sunday.
Hawks will definitely be ready, no question about that. They'll act like they've been there before.
'Sconni in November is a bit warmer than Minnesota in January.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings fans are looking for any shread of an advantage because after last game between these 2 we need something:suds:
You are bringing your full defense this time. Should make a huge difference. I expect a close low score and turnovers to make the difference.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings are just better in the trenches, I like Vikes in this one. Sorry Seattle Seahawks, but you just don't have the heart or "team" chemistry this year. I blame the result from last super bowl, but others would point their finger at the declining play of the defense.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings are just better in the trenches, I like Vikes in this one. Sorry Seattle Seahawks, but you just don't have the heart or "team" chemistry this year. I blame the result from last super bowl, but others would point their finger at the declining play of the defense.
In the NFL, the Seahawks D is...
2012 - #1 (15.3 points allowed per game)
2013 - #1 (14.4 points allowed per game)
2014 - #1 (15.9 points allowed per game)
2015 - #1 (17.3 points allowed per game)
Their total D is outstanding as well.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Vikings winning this game. Seahawks are a battle tested team playing well right now.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember correctly, didn't the Seahawks absolutely destroy the Vikings 38-7 about a month ago? But let's just forget that happened right? :noidea: The Seahawks are better in every way, except running back.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, didn't the Seahawks absolutely destroy the Vikings 38-7 about a month ago? But let's just forget that happened right? :noidea: The Seahawks are better in every way, except running back.

I recall that vividly because at that point the Vikings proved to me they were more like pussycats than their namesakes.

And I just saw them make GB look like Seattle made them look.

But here's where I get irrational.... Vikes are healthier now than then.

Ipso fatso, the previous rout was an aberration.

And if I'm wrong, I immediately apply similar logic to Seattle's highly like meeting with Arizona.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never wish injury on anyone but if Russell Wilson's right arm came off early in the game i'd feel bad after it had a chance to settle in that his life had forever changed, that would take roughly 3 1/2 hours...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never wish injury on anyone but if Russell Wilson's right arm came off early in the game i'd feel bad after it had a chance to settle in that his life had forever changed, that would take roughly 3 1/2 hours...

Myself, just once I want him not to slide or reach out for extra yards on a sidelines dodge out.

And try for that extra yard upright.

I know all QBs do it (maybe not the reach out for extra yards thing), but with him I'd like to see him try to stretch it like Newton does occasionally.

Cause just once, I want him nailed. Like Cam got nailed lollygagging into the end zone a couple of games back. Huge hit. An eye opener.

Honestly. I do.

Not wheelchair bound or anything, but hobbled somewhat..... Temporarily.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, a down year, 4th year in a row, giving up the least points in the NFL.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, I said just once.

Meh. I felt bad for the Cardinals last year with Palmer's injury. Injury rooting is lame, serious or not.

Problem is you know how dangerous the midget really is.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The temp issues is a mind thing. It doesnt so much have to do with how often a player plays in it bit more if they are accustomed to living in it. I was out at the Seattle/Packer playoff game about a year ago and it was 52 degrees or so. My daughter works and lives in the Seattle area and the winters there a very mild compared to back this way.

It is the mindset of the players when they get off the plane and walk outside into the hotel and they are like wtf this is insane and we have to play a game in this the next day? Thoughts like this are going through their minds. It is a distraction that and can have some effect on players.

For players that live in it and deal with it daily it does not have a similar effect.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I felt bad for the Cardinals last year with Palmer's injury. Injury rooting is lame, serious or not.

Problem is you know how dangerous the midget really is.

Re-read what I said and consider who it came from.

And then ask if I'm really injury rooting.

Trust me, injuries are not something I want to see on anybody.

But a big fucking hit it great stuff.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL, the Seahawks D is...
2012 - #1 (15.3 points allowed per game)
2013 - #1 (14.4 points allowed per game)
2014 - #1 (15.9 points allowed per game)
2015 - #1 (17.3 points allowed per game)
Their total D is outstanding as well.

like I said, it's declining.

Once they figure out how to get running game going again, they might be contenders. Maybe next year.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-read what I said and consider who it came from.

And then ask if I'm really injury rooting.

Trust me, injuries are not something I want to see on anybody.

But a big fucking hit it great stuff.

Don't backtrack. 'Hobbled temporarily' isn't a big hit.

Own what you write. I AM reading what you write.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle gets plenty cold. Was just there last week, it was sub 30s. I don't think weather will be a big issue for Seattle any more than it is for Minnesota.