• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts - "Everyone Should get a try" and and "trophy"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the war of attrition, but I'm weird.

Didn't some college football game have a crazy number of overtimes last year?
Yeah, don't remember which game though. They even escalate what you need to do in terms of scoring and it still went on forever.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's better, but sudden death is the reason people are complaining in the first place. Could keep adding ten-minute periods. I'd love that.
So if you add 10 minute periods, do you keep kicking off to start each period or do you leave the ball where it was at the end of the last 10 minute period?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever results in more player safety is the only thing that matters here. It disturbs me that people even approve of overtime. I'd be fine with a co-winner of a game, even the Super Bowl.

go to hell

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't remember which game though. They even escalate what you need to do in terms of scoring and it still went on forever.
Believe is was a PSU game

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Kimmel Abc GIF by Emmys

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was for it, but now I agree with you. Just leave it as it is. Stop the opposing team from scoring on opening drive in overtime.

If you change to where both teams possess the ball, then the coin toss is better off losing it, because as the second team, you know exactly what you have to do to win or tie. The first team with the ball is at the disadvantage not knowing. They basically have to score a TD and keep opposing team from scoring TD, otherwise, anything less and they have a great chance of losing with the opposing team already know what they need to win.

I agree, just leave it as it is. At least the tiny bit of 50/50 luck plays into this instead of giving the advantage to the team who loses the coin toss.

Either that, or you see the winner of the coin toss choose to kickoff every time.
Which is really no different than the second team to posess knows they need to score a TD to stay in the game if the first team scored a FG or a TD, and then turn around and prevent another score if they tie again...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does but that is why you have a defense.. You know to prevent a score.. You can't do that then ok, you lose... You also had your chances during regular time and couldn't get it done then either
And neither did the other team, yet they get an extra possession based on a coin flip...?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. Chiefs have been in 3 of the 4 OT scenarios recently (won on coin flip and won the game, won on coin flip and lost the game, lost the coin flip and lost the game) so it can be pretty varied.

The reality is that even the best offenses in the league only score a TD like 40% of the time on drives. For other teams, that number is even lower. I realize that defenses get tired but the defenses have also had all game to hit the QB and if you haven't done by OT then thats on your defense.
QB's and to a lesser extent WR's are pretty well protected by the stripes these days.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And neither did the other team, yet they get an extra possession based on a coin flip...?

a coin flip started the game (yes I GET there is a huge difference)