• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colt McCoy

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is better than RG3 and Kirk Cousins. Better awareness, better agility, more experience, better leader, and has the tools necessary to run this offense. Plus guys will run routes now believing they may actually have a chance at getting the ball thrown to them.

As Dan Patrick would say.
You can't stop Colt McCoy! You can only hope to contain him!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough sample size to say he is better than Cousins. Kirk moved the team very well, his problem was obviously was the INTs. The question going into 2015 is can they coach the picks out of Cousins. The correct move for right now is to give Colt another chance. His success in a game and a half says he should get this chance.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Colt McCoy is a slightly above average QB with a below average arm

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Colt McCoy is a slightly above average QB with a below average arm

For once, I agree with you country. Long term, I doubt he is the answer. I hope I wrong.

But this was a good move by JG. Colt gives us the best chance to win this year. Plus it shows that he is not going to be Snyders little puppet.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Brian Billick on the radio the other day and as usual he made a lot of sense. Said he's seen this movie a hundred times, fans always fall in love with the backup. He predicted Colt will improve the QB play (Duh) but as you go into next year can you really look at him as a QB that can win you a title?

Not a chance, this is fools gold and we are just spinning our wheels with Colt McCoy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Brian Billick on the radio the other day and as usual he made a lot of sense. Said he's seen this movie a hundred times, fans always fall in love with the backup. He predicted Colt will improve the QB play (Duh) but as you go into next year can you really look at him as a QB that can win you a title?

Not a chance, this is fools gold and we are just spinning our wheels with Colt McCoy.

I don't think the average "intelligent" fan sees Colt as the answer. Colt has a body of work that we should expect him to play to. Which means at some point he will come back down to earth. Could he have matured and turn into an acceptable NFL QB in the right system? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it. I still maintain that either RG3 or KC will be our starting QB next year. I also won't be surprised if one of them ends up starting another game this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Colt lights it up these last 5 games how could he not be the starter for 2015? Im not saying he is the future but he has a chance like Cousins did to be the starter in 2015. I cant see how Rg3 is on this team in 2015. He should be done here. Its Colt's job to lose now. He has a very favorable schedule.

I believe the only new Qb here next year would be if the Skins decide to draft Winston. If Colt doesn't play well, then Rg3 doesn't play well they might explore taking Winston with our first round pick. Without the off field stuff he is the #1 pick in this draft without a doubt.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Colt lights it up these last 5 games how could he not be the starter for 2015? Im not saying he is the future but he has a chance like Cousins did to be the starter in 2015. I cant see how Rg3 is on this team in 2015. He should be done here. Its Colt's job to lose now. He has a very favorable schedule.

I believe the only new Qb here next year would be if the Skins decide to draft Winston. If Colt doesn't play well, then Rg3 doesn't play well they might explore taking Winston with our first round pick. Without the off field stuff he is the #1 pick in this draft without a doubt.

too bad the off field stuff IS THERE .

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before anyone (including El Tex) gets too crazy about Colt McCoy, read this and come back down the earth a little bit.

Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense with RG3 Benched | Bleacher Report

I like Colt and I think he's the best QB on the roster right now, but he's still very flawed and has very limited upside. If he can run the offense properly, even with his limited capability, at least we have a chance to win and evaluate the other 10 players on the field. Colt is a gamer and all that, but that review of his Dallas in the link above game shows how much he leaves on the table that a truly "good" QB would have taken down.

The only reason Colt is starting over Cousins is that when Cuz has a bad play, he falls apart and presses too much, leading to more bad plays. When Colt has a bad play, he puts it behind him and keeps playing. That's why Colt is starting right now, per Gruden.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the average "intelligent" fan sees Colt as the answer. Colt has a body of work that we should expect him to play to. Which means at some point he will come back down to earth. Could he have matured and turn into an acceptable NFL QB in the right system? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it. I still maintain that either RG3 or KC will be our starting QB next year. I also won't be surprised if one of them ends up starting another game this year.

the best you can hope from colt mccoy is he becomes an alex smith type

we have good targets for him all we need to do is build a solid defense around him and make sure he is protected

in the end i wouldnt doubt you see KC rising from the ashes

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this move ends up working is if McCoy somehow becomes the franchise QB(doubtful).

By benching both Griffin and Cousins, they are both assured of having almost zero trade value. I think RG3 could be good in the right system and Cousins has potential if he can develop some confidence and better leadership skills. Cousins melted down after mistakes this season. I am not sure if more reps can help him learn to play through mistakes, but I know that being the 3rd stringer won't help either.

Playing McCoy is a mismanagement of the team's assets because it virtually assures that we cannot get anything valuable in trade for either QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this move ends up working is if McCoy somehow becomes the franchise QB(doubtful).

By benching both Griffin and Cousins, they are both assured of having almost zero trade value. I think RG3 could be good in the right system and Cousins has potential if he can develop some confidence and better leadership skills. Cousins melted down after mistakes this season. I am not sure if more reps can help him learn to play through mistakes, but I know that being the 3rd stringer won't help either.

Playing McCoy is a mismanagement of the team's assets because it virtually assures that we cannot get anything valuable in trade for either QB.

i am not sure playing griffen would boost any trade value either . his tape is horrible

KC could just need another chance

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before anyone (including El Tex) gets too crazy about Colt McCoy, read this and come back down the earth a little bit.

Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense with RG3 Benched | Bleacher Report

I like Colt and I think he's the best QB on the roster right now, but he's still very flawed and has very limited upside. If he can run the offense properly, even with his limited capability, at least we have a chance to win and evaluate the other 10 players on the field. Colt is a gamer and all that, but that review of his Dallas in the link above game shows how much he leaves on the table that a truly "good" QB would have taken down.

The only reason Colt is starting over Cousins is that when Cuz has a bad play, he falls apart and presses too much, leading to more bad plays. When Colt has a bad play, he puts it behind him and keeps playing. That's why Colt is starting right now, per Gruden.

well theyb did focus on his bad stuff and we as fans needed to see that . KSD i think they are looking at colt to see if he is a viable stop gap starter or backup and see if there is anything out there next season in FA

i think KC should be given a shot again too

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well theyb did focus on his bad stuff and we as fans needed to see that . KSD i think they are looking at colt to see if he is a viable stop gap starter or backup and see if there is anything out there next season in FA

i think KC should be given a shot again too

Colt has the mental makeup to be a winning QB, but lacks the physical tools to be great. Cousins has the physical part down and the right instincts to run an offense properly, but mentally he's so fragile, he falls apart at the first sign of trouble.

If we could combine the two, we'd have the answer. Colt will never be physically gifted, but Cousins could maybe overcome his mental deficiency. If he does, he can play the position. But overcoming that mental part is a big "if".

Both of them have major flaws, but Cousins probably has the higher upside if he can overcome his flaws. If we can't find an upgrade in the offseason, then I suppose to give them both a shot next year.

Also, while Colt is physically limited, he wouldn't be the first QB with limited physical tools that succeeds in the league. Playing QB is probably 80% mental, 20% physical, IMO.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt has the mental makeup to be a winning QB, but lacks the physical tools to be great. Cousins has the physical part down and the right instincts to run an offense properly, but mentally he's so fragile, he falls apart at the first sign of trouble.

If we could combine the two, we'd have the answer. Colt will never be physically gifted, but Cousins could maybe overcome his mental deficiency. If he does, he can play the position. But overcoming that mental part is a big "if".

Both of them have major flaws, but Cousins probably has the higher upside if he can overcome his flaws. If we can't find an upgrade in the offseason, then I suppose to give them both a shot next year.

Also, while Colt is physically limited, he wouldn't be the first QB with limited physical tools that succeeds in the league. Playing QB is probably 80% mental, 20% physical, IMO.

i do hate labeling a guy after a mere 9 pro starts . you can develop mental toughness , if that is the problem , but boys its hard for me to label a guy so quickly

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't stand Winston. Have to say though, he would fit right in with all the dysfunction.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched a lot of McCoy he strikes me as a career backup. A guy who can play 3-4 games a season without hurting your team, but anything more than that and his limitations are exposed.

Robert Griffin can be a good starter, but he needs some time off to let his injuries heal. A season or 2 as a backup somewhere might benefit him and give his body time to heal.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG's still just 24 and would be 26 if he spent 2 seasons as a backup.

Cousins is already 26 and should be able to read a defense by now. His 19 INT's in 407 attempts is awful. 1 INT every 20 or so attempts is bad, really bad. I think he'd be best served like McCoy as a career backup.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any backup QB made as much money as Matt Flynn ?

He's got the easiest job on earth.