• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Game Day Flag

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so I'm seriously considering traveling south an hour to Oxford to fly a 3' by 5' UNA flag on Game Day, and I found this instruction piece for WSU fans who fly their flags each Game Day.

One thing I can't figure out is how tall their flag poles are, or of what they're constructed (PVC pipe, perhaps?).

Looks like those WSU fans arrive around two hours early to set up (they mail the same flags to different fans across the nation from week to week). Issue is that we have a sedan, so that will limit the length of the pole on which we'd fly the flag.

I'm open to suggestions on how best to proceed, and yes - blowing off the idea entirely is an option.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malaysian-Man-Is-Scammed-When-He-Orders-Penis-Enlarger-Gets-Magnifying-Glass-Instead.jpg

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, figured we'd see something like that pretty quick.

:lol:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try not to disappoint...if nothing else, I'm consistent.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so I'm seriously considering traveling south an hour to Oxford to fly a 3' by 5' UNA flag on Game Day, and I found this instruction piece for WSU fans who fly their flags each Game Day.

One thing I can't figure out is how tall their flag poles are, or of what they're constructed (PVC pipe, perhaps?).

Looks like those WSU fans arrive around two hours early to set up (they mail the same flags to different fans across the nation from week to week). Issue is that we have a sedan, so that will limit the length of the pole on which we'd fly the flag.

I'm open to suggestions on how best to proceed, and yes - blowing off the idea entirely is an option.
1. Definitely use PVC because it is light, sturdy and relatively cheap.
2. If you use PVC then you can cut the pole in half and just bring a connector that will allow you to put them together.
3. I admire that you want to do this for your team but I honestly would sit comfortably at home and watch football on TV then go to all this trouble.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Definitely use PVC because it is light, sturdy and relatively cheap.
2. If you use PVC then you can cut the pole in half and just bring a connector that will allow you to put them together.
3. I admire that you want to do this for your team but I honestly would sit comfortably at home and watch football on TV then go to all this trouble.
Leaning toward #3, but my wife's excited to go see Game Day in person, and we did buy the flag.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's Gameday at the grove WT. With Bama there.

Lots of people to gander at to be sure.

UNA, go if you have t been to a GD. It's worth it. Key is, be there early. Very early.

If you have been to a GD. WT is right and you probably know this, it is a long long morning and the show is better on tv. Much better actually. But everyone should experience it once.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's Gameday at the grove WT. With Bama there.

Lots of people to gander at to be sure.

UNA, go if you have t been to a GD. It's worth it. Key is, be there early. Very early.

If you have been to a GD. WT is right and you probably know this, it is a long long morning and the show is better on tv. Much better actually. But everyone should experience it once.

Game Day live at the event is miserable I would much rather be at my tailgate getting my drunk on.

Now in the old days before they had so much security and nets going after the game for the post game stuff in Baton Rouge was worth doing just to see the LSU fans toss whiskey bottles at the set.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaning toward #3, but my wife's excited to go see Game Day in person, and we did buy the flag.

Take the gas money and buy her something.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May end up being a "check the block" thing, if we go and do this. Have never seen anything from UNA on GD, so wanted to be the first to do something like that ... and Oxford is relatively close.

I don't like crowds as it is, so can't imagine doing it again.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Day live at the event is miserable I would much rather be at my tailgate getting my drunk on.

Now in the old days before they had so much security and nets going after the game for the post game stuff in Baton Rouge was worth doing just to see the LSU fans toss whiskey bottles at the set.

Corso can't stand LSU fans....we tormented his ass....

72886-thats-a-fact-gif-Kurt-Russell-6KaZ.gif

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minor bucket list item

May end up being a "check the block" thing, if we go and do this. Have never seen anything from UNA on GD, so wanted to be the first to do something like that ... and Oxford is relatively close.

I don't like crowds as it is, so can't imagine doing it again.

go.
if you really want to get on teevee, go real early (wait in line overnight with thousands of gameday geeks and groupies.)
if I were you, though, sure...go on down for the experience...get there sometime before the show...stand way way back...have wifey pose for pics with the flag with the gameday pavilion in the background. mission accomplished.
you can be home laid out in front of your teevee well before the first kickoffs of the day.

:suds:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like crowds as it is,.

I developed, manufactured and marketed (on-the-cheap) a licensed collegiate product several years back. Was a little plastic flag (similar to those you see scattered around construction, landscaping and utility work sites) that cost about 5¢ to make; sold wholesale @ 50¢/retail @ $1. My marketing efforts entailed travelling throughout the region I had licenses for (Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, etc) handing out samples and poking my flags anywhere that lots of people would see them...mostly major events like GameDay, NCAA cbb tourney, etc...had a ball for three years then sold the company.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Cheerleaders.jpg
    Cheerleaders.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 43

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flags in high traffic areas...

sorry UNA...not blowing my own horn here, just reminiscing good times and opportunities taken (s'why I think you should get down to Memphis.)

LOL. gawd, what fun. one of my "on-the-cheap" promotion strategies was to poke state welcome signs...Iowa, Indiana and Michigan. When I copped my scUM license, I hit Interstate-94 at both the Indiana and Canada borders. This one is nb I-75 at the Ohio border...40,000 vehicles/day...the flags were still up two MONTHS later (bwahaha, maintenance guys mowed around them.) btw, scUM product outsold everybody else (8 other licensed properties) combined.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 33

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you search around, you can buy telescoping poles for exactly this purpose. They are made of either aluminum or pvc. (That is what the WSU people use.)

I have been to gameday once in my life, and was glad I went. It was stupid early in the morning (at USC, before the Notre Dame game in 2012.) the crowd was sparse, but grew as the show got later. That's what a 6:0 am start will do to you. I made sure to get a picture with the WSU flag. Call me weird, but that is one of the best traditions in college football since they began flying it at all of the Game Days.

Anyhow, I put it in the category of one of those things you should do at least once as a fan of the game. But I also put it in the category that once is probably plenty.