• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking about Jack. Really was impressed what I saw of him last yr. I have to agree with the coach on this one. Although it's obvious these days teams are still taking chances on players with injury or off field issues no matter what they say to media, I think Jack would still benefit more if he got himself physically right, played one more season,took chance on his health and ability and improved his draft stock. I don't know, it's a catch 22 these days and the way things are, your damned if you do and damned if you don't. In Jacks case and many like him, teams roll the dice and hope they come up aces. Same for the player.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking about Jack. Really was impressed what I saw of him last yr. I have to agree with the coach on this one. Although it's obvious these days teams are still taking chances on players with injury or off field issues no matter what they say to media, I think Jack would still benefit more if he got himself physically right, played one more season,took chance on his health and ability and improved his draft stock. I don't know, it's a catch 22 these days and the way things are, your damned if you do and damned if you don't. In Jacks case and many like him, teams roll the dice and hope they come up aces. Same for the player.

What kind of dice are you playing? Poker dice?? :lol:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry CD- Didn't get home until late. I promise I haven't forgotten. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, hadn't heard that one randymon. Pig Howard has a nice ring to it. :lol:

I've always wondered why Alton Howard goes by Pig Howard. Kind of like Pig Prather back in the day on Miss State.

Pork Chop Womack of Miss was a great name.

I loved how Mike Holmgren use to draft players with food names. Taco Wallace, Pork Chop Womack. Guy needs to eat before he drafts.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wondered why Alton Howard goes by Pig Howard. Kind of like Pig Prather back in the day on Miss State.

Pork Chop Womack of Miss was a great name.

I loved how Mike Holmgren use to draft players with food names. Taco Wallace, Pork Chop Womack. Guy needs to eat before he drafts.
Can't leave out Ha Ha Clinton Dix either. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how accurate these grades are, but found them interesting. @Draft Crazy - your thoughts?

PFF's college football Dream Team | ProFootballFocus.com
Nice list. Need to ck some of them out. Not ready to jump on Fournette just yet. Although I only saw one game and then just highlights but he seems to have very clean holes and avenues to run through. Kinda like Ball had a lot of. Heck on a lot of his td runs I've watched he never even got touched. I definitely need and want to see more of him and how he does in traffic,etc.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, peeps just been busy at work to give much draft thought in this thread. I will try to catch up this weekend.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffs face the Sun Devils tonight in AZ - The Buffs showed themselves still a little thin to keep up with Oregon - don't know which ASU team is going to show up - I'm not really buying the idea that they will play every week like they did against UCLA (most of the ASU roster had a first choice to go to UCLA).

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffs face the Sun Devils tonight in AZ - The Buffs showed themselves still a little thin to keep up with Oregon - don't know which ASU team is going to show up - I'm not really buying the idea that they will play every week like they did against UCLA (most of the ASU roster had a first choice to go to UCLA).
Yeah Mingo if Buffs are going to get any wins in Pac 12 this yr there going to have to come via ASU, Wash St and Oregon St. With possible upsets at Arizona and Wash ,USC ( but I doubt the latter ). They are improving and even though this would be the year if any as the Pac 12 is pretty weak this year they still have too many weaknesses. :(

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Mingo if Buffs are going to get any wins in Pac 12 this yr there going to have to come via ASU, Wash St and Oregon St. With possible upsets at Arizona and Wash ,USC ( but I doubt the latter ). They are improving and even though this would be the year if any as the Pac 12 is pretty weak this year they still have too many weaknesses. :(

No, No, No - I have to go through the cycle - I start off hopeful - go into denial - lose all hope - and then think about bright spots for next year. I'm still in denial - let me enjoy it.

On the games - your are exactly correct and no - they won't pull off a USC upset. I love coach Mac - though.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, No, No - I have to go through the cycle - I start off hopeful - go into denial - lose all hope - and then think about bright spots for next year. I'm still in denial - let me enjoy it.

On the games - your are exactly correct and no - they won't pull off a USC upset. I love coach Mac - though.
Lol Mingo. I do same thing every yr too. Wishful/hopeful/blind. I do like coach Mac though and if he gets some help in recruitment, he can get this program back to respectability at least. He needs chance and prob still 3 yrs.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Randy Edsel is out at Maryland. You guys think we'll go after a big name (Sark?) or try to groom the next young, "hot" candidate. I think the job is a tough sell, but having Under Armor behind us will go a long way.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE femurov, post: 7348794, member: 8659"]So, Randy Edsel is out at Maryland. You guys think we'll go after a big name (Sark?) or try to groom the next young, "hot" candidate. I think the job is a tough sell, but having Under Armor behind us will go a long way.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go after Sark, unless you want to be mediocre at best. He is grossly under-utilyzing the talent at USC. I can't imagine what he would do at Maryland.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, You asked for 10 draftable players that I really like.. I'm not ranking my top 10 but here are 10 of my favorite players who I also see as good prospects. There are some obvious top picks that I am not going to talk about here.

1. Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers Been a huge fan of his since his SOPH year. I think he has star potential in the NFL. Has been fantastic the last 3 years despite average at best QB play. Has a few red flags but I think he will be fine. My personal favorite college player.

2. Jaylen Smith- LB- Notre Dame- Love the way this guy moves. He doesnt miss tackles. He can cover. He is a fun LB to watch.

3. Shock Linwood, RB, Baylor- Plays in a great Baylor system, but I think he'd be even better if he didn't play in a pass happy offense. Great vision, can break tackles and can hit the long run.

4. Kenny Lawler, QB, California- This guy reminds me of a better version of Brandon Lloyd. Makes incredible catches, runs great routes. Fearless, Can go over the middle can stretch the field. Real graceful. My 2nd fav WR to Carroo.

5. Devontae Booker, RB, Utah- Complete RB... Can catch, run and has explosion. I think Booker would be perfect for our system.

6. Vernon Hargraves, CB, Florida- Might be the best CB to come out since Champ. Woodson. Obviously Revis and Sherman are elite CB's so I am just speaking in terms of developed and ready out of college in terms of feeling safe that this guy is REALLY going to be special.

7. Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State- This guy has all the measureables to be a great pass rusher in the NFL. A lot of fun to watch and I hear he is a very intelligent and high character guy which is rare for Michigan State ;).

8. Jordan Lomax, S, Iowa- Have to include him as he is a good friend of mine. Great hitter, great in run support. Mid round guy. Needs some work in coverage, but he has good speed and another good character guy.

9. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State- This is sorta the year of the RB in college football. Elliot is fun to watch. I usually have DB's and WR's galore in here, but I find myself adding a lot of RB's as my favorite players this year.

10. Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State- Moved to CB this year... Needs some work in man to man, but has elite skill set. I actually like him better as a S who can read and react as he is good in run support. Has a huge ceiling.

Laquan Treadwell is gonna be a star as well, but that is no news to anyone. Like him a lot.

Sorry I want to mention that I sorta took 10 players that I really like and didn't want to hit on just 10 "yeah we know he is good" players.

Few players who I don't think many mention yet nationally but keep an eye on.

1. Geronimo Allison, RB, Illinois
2. Cory Butler-Byrd, CB, Utah (JR)
3. Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan
4. Darryll Worley, CB, West Virginia (JR)
5. Sojourn Shelton, CB, Wisconsin (JR)
6. Jovon Santos-Knox, LB, UMASS
7. Brandon Doughty, QB, Western Kentucky
8. Keevan Lucas, WR, Tulsa
9. Wendell Smallwood, RB, West Virginia (JR)
10. Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa (JR)
11. Joe Schobert, LB, Wisconsin
12. Karl Joseph, S, WV (great ball skills but torn ACL)
13. Desmond King, CB, Iowa (JR) 5 picks. At this rate he will declare.
14. Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
15. Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (JR)

William Likely Maryland is an elite return man... Be interested in him as a return man for us.

Few underclassmen to throw at you that I like a lot to keep an eye on (Keep these lists short) Not draft eligible.
1. Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
2. Derwin James, S, Florida State
3. Damario Richard, RB, Arizona State
4. Shelton Gibson, WR, West Virginia
5. Artavis Scott, CB, Clemson
6. Jabrill Peppers, CB, Michigan
7. Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida
8. Tegray Scales, LB, Indiana
9. Jerod Fernandez, LB, North Carolina State
10. Josh Kalu, CB, Nebraska

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could call on Booker - he reminded me of Terrell Davis this weekend - burst threw the line and gone.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post, DC! That's what I'm talkin about.

Lotta good info there. Will be checkin out those players. Wish I had somethin to give back, but I've been busy the last few Saturdays. Next weekend I will have something for you though. :suds: