• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame - UMass game is good

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I hate Notre Dame, but they look good.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wanting to start a college football thread all year, but I had too much to write and didn't want to bore you all.

Wasn't sure how much the newbies were interested in college football as KFFL always seemed way more interested in NFL...

I am hoping we have some college football fans around here. I like the individual team college boards here. We have a few Florida and Iowa fans. :)

Not many good matchups yesterday.

Utah smashing Oregon was a surprise. I expected a close game as Oregon has not impressed me this year. They don't have that playmaker or two on O this year. Need to get Bralon Addison more involved.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon goes to Boulder next weekend - Budda Bing - the Buffs take this game and are launched into Pac 12 respect territory. These Buffs have been built to run the ball on Oregon - that certainly looks like the Duck's most immediate weakness, but their offense also doesn't sizzle - in the rocky mountain air the Buffs will pound the Ducks in the 4th quarter.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What game were you watching? ;)

Haha, yeah that one got out of control. Notre Dame's offense looks strong. They just couldn't be stopped.

Man there were some awesome highlights yesterday. The UCLA game had a nice TD play by a reciever where he ran over and around players for a dive into the endzone. On Friday, there was a nice one by a Virginia player as he went about 75 yards down the left sideline for a score. Lotta people got hurdled this weekend, lol. And I thought I would never see another catch like the one Odell Beckham made at the goalline last year, but damn if it didnt happen yesterday. Cant remember the team though. Anybody see this?

And of course, it was nice to see the USC defense hold a team to 2 scores. Fight on!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just happy that the two tds came from my college fantasy RB Demario Richard. :)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love college ball. Particularly look forward to Houston at Tulsa this week. :hope:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like college football but have not had the time for it the past few years. I have to decide between NFL and College, apparently. I enjoy the game when I can catch it.

One guy I heard about is that I want to see is the RB for LSU. I guess that guy is a man among boys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I got married the first thing my wife noticed was just how much football I watch. She looked at the football schedule and kind of gave me that look of so you watch football every Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday with Saturday and Sunday being all day pretty much? So she made me drop one of them and it is now mostly NFL. I do watch a lot of college football but more just individual clips of players and what they did in the game as we get closer to the draft. I usually have some of my draft friends tell me to take a look at certain players and get back to them of what I think. That is why I am excited to have some more draft guys around here as I have a very limited scope on the players available.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like college football but have not had the time for it the past few years. I have to decide between NFL and College, apparently. I enjoy the game when I can catch it.

One guy I heard about is that I want to see is the RB for LSU. I guess that guy is a man among boys.

That is Leonard Fournett. Big, strong, fast, and elusive. He is probably on the short list of Heisman candidates at this point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now he is the runaway, but the season is just starting so a long ways to go.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a mouth full .. I better catch a few of there games

Back to back 200 yard games for Fournette. Watch the Auburn game if you can. Auburn defenders got so tired of getting run over by him that they start jumping at his neck. It is crazy.

Went for 244 this week vs Cuse. His speed, power and vision is crazy elite good.

Oh yeah he is only a true Sophomore.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Ohio State DE Joey Bosa and Cal QB Jared Goff are my #1 and #2 overall.

I like Cook, but question some of the tools to be a "Great" NFL QB but think he can be good. I like Hackenburg and feel he has the tools to be a great NFL QB, but I almost feel as if this early in the year he hasn't progressed a lot since last year. Doesn't help that his OL is brutally bad though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff who has started since day 1 has made termendous strides in his decision making which was my biggest concern with him going into his SOPH season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Ohio State DE Joey Bosa and Cal QB Jared Goff are my #1 and #2 overall.

I like Cook, but question some of the tools to be a "Great" NFL QB but think he can be good. I like Hackenburg and feel he has the tools to be a great NFL QB, but I almost feel as if this early in the year he hasn't progressed a lot since last year. Doesn't help that his OL is brutally bad though.

That is the problem with Hackenberg is honestly his first year starting was his best year in college football. He did great under O'Brien but since then just hasn't shown that ability to develop. If I knew Manning was coming back another year he would be a guy I would consider if available at our pick as I do think with some good coaching he could develop into a very solid starter. He will need time though and the perfect opportunity to fall into his lap.

From all that I have read and the little I have watched I definitely agree with you on the #1 and #2 overall pick. This is where I am kind of glad that the rest of our division is looking like they could fall into that 8-8 type range and miss out on these type of players.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post there CD. Couldn't agree more with the rundown on Hack and divisional stuff. I could still see the Raiders picking in the top 10 but I don't see them picking in the top 5 that is for sure. Too many bad teams and the Raiders are winning the winnable games now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post there CD. Couldn't agree more with the rundown on Hack and divisional stuff. I could still see the Raiders picking in the top 10 but I don't see them picking in the top 5 that is for sure. Too many bad teams and the Raiders are winning the winnable games now.

This to me is where we see what type of team the Raiders actually are. They have had top-5 picks almost every single year for the last 10 years. It is much easier to win draft day when you are picking at the top of every round compared to at the back end trying to find talent. Let's say they are picking 15th. If they can still continue to draft well then I think they have a chance to compete for the division over the next few years but at this point all they have shown is they can hit on some early picks that everybody knows who they are picking.