• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Hot seat Rankings

lastfan

Tenured
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take-a-number.jpg

WTF????

take-a-number-o-s.gif

lastfan

Tenured
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're confusing Nick with Trump.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur - The people wish to be deceived, therefore they will be deceived.

Saban would be Trump's Mini-Me.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit Saban survives that with ease. Find a jury in Alabama that would convict him of anything. Saban could r*pe a cheerleader on camera at half time and it would find a way to be "taken care of".

Aw come on now....

you know you'd fap to that.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rutger's coach going to be on there?

*Rutgers'

and no he's only in his first year, he was left with a complete mess will be given 3-4 years to turn it around, leaning toward 4 because of how bad the roster is

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I almost had everything done and the computer randomly decided to crap out on me so here it is again. :mad2:

Hot Bottom: Coaches who are in deep trouble of losing their job, I'll put why they might save their job and why they might be fired.

Brian Kelly (Notre Dame) - Why he might survive this year? It's easy to forget that just last year Kelly did a fantastic job of coaching by bringing a team that was beat up by injuries to the Fiesta bowl. There's also a question of who would Notre Dame even hire that's a guaranteed upgrade? LSU will beat Notre Dame for Tom Herman so the answer is that there really isn't one and Notre Dame runs the risk of possibly getting worse.
Why he might be fired? Brian Kelly's teams have often made Notre Dame fans feel like they were capable of more, but they fail to accomplish those due to inopportune turnovers or bad playcalling. Kelly's teams have often been outclassed on the big stage most notably the national championship appearance where Notre Dame was just about blown off the map by Alabama. This season is a complete disaster as Notre Dame is 2-4 with some really bad losses.

James Franklin (Penn State) - Why he might survive this year? The AD seems to like him and he has sanctions as an excuse. There's also a decent chance for a turnaround this year as Penn State just had their best effort of the year and now get a bye week prior to Ohio State at home, the rest of the games after are very winnable.
Why he might get fired? James Franklin's teams have been nothing but mediocre so far, his first two years consisted of his offense struggling as he refused to adapt it to the talented QB he had and now this year with more of his played Penn State was expected to improve but lost to in-state rival Pitt, and were embarrassed by Michigan they hadn't looked good in any wins until the Maryland one.

Sean Kugler (UTEP) - Why he might survive this year? The first three years under Kugler weren't too bad for UTEP. He surprising brought the Miners to a bowl in only his 2nd season and last year's team was hit hard by injuries but only dropped to 5-7. There's still some winnable games on the schedule.
Why he might be fired? Things seem to be going down instead of up, UTEP has fallen to 1-5 on the year with a win over New Mexico State in the opener which actually seems decent compared to normal, but UTEP appears to be one of the worst teams in college football they scored only 21 points combined against Texas, Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech, and every single one of those defenses has given up 50 at least once this year.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy to see Mike Riley far from these lists. Last year at the end of October, he would have been close to #1 on the list, sitting at 3-6 coming off a loss to freaking Purdue. Since then he's gone 8-1 and the Huskers sit in the top 10. I don't expect that to continue, as we still have some major holes and can't match up with OSU (and UW will be tough on the road), but the tide definitely seems to be turning.

taupride97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burning up: Coaches who are very likely to be fired at the end of the year, only a few might get canned midseason, some will survive.

Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech) - I will admit this one might be a little high as Kingsbury hasn't had too bad of seasons. The fact is Texas Tech doesn't expect a great season every year, but in a year like this where a lot of the Big 12 is down and Texas Tech has a fantastic offense, Tech is expected to rise and compete for a Big 12 title, the problem is under Kingsbury Texas Tech has consistently fielded one of college football's worst defenses and with the offense about as good as possible...Kingsbury may have already shown the best it will get. It's possible that he might get a chance to try another defensive coordinator but we'll see.

No. He is locked in until 2020. He is 3.5 mil this year, 3.7 next, 3.9 in 2019, and 4.1 in 2020. I don't think a buyout is an option for Tech. He will be here until 2020, at least. Though I do want a better coach, someone who is ready, I am not willing to throw in the towel on him yet. Check back with me at the end of the 2017 season.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy to see Mike Riley far from these lists. Last year at the end of October, he would have been close to #1 on the list, sitting at 3-6 coming off a loss to freaking Purdue. Since then he's gone 8-1 and the Huskers sit in the top 10. I don't expect that to continue, as we still have some major holes and can't match up with OSU (and UW will be tough on the road), but the tide definitely seems to be turning.

It's kind of crazy to put a coach on the hot seat after only a season, especially when it's a huge culture change

There won't be any on my list, I'm mostly avoiding 2nd year coaches as well, but there will be a couple.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He is locked in until 2020. He is 3.5 mil this year, 3.7 next, 3.9 in 2019, and 4.1 in 2020. I don't think a buyout is an option for Tech. He will be here until 2020, at least. Though I do want a better coach, someone who is ready, I am not willing to throw in the towel on him yet. Check back with me at the end of the 2017 season.

Of the ones I put on that list this was the one I questioned the most. Sounds like the new defensive coordinator and hope it improves might happen. Texas Tech is middle of the pack right now and that's their peak unless the defense improves because that offense can't possibly get much better.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of crazy to put a coach on the hot seat after only a season, especially when it's a huge culture change

There won't be any on my list, I'm mostly avoiding 2nd year coaches as well, but there will be a couple.
I agree completely. Unfortunately, most fanbases nowadays aren't very patient.

taupride97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the ones I put on that list this was the one I questioned the most. Sounds like the new defensive coordinator and hope it improves might happen. Texas Tech is middle of the pack right now and that's their peak unless the defense improves because that offense can't possibly get much better.
Agreed, but I meant more that he can't be on the "Hot Seat" because TTU is not in a position to fire him.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tracey Claeys has to go after this season. Our play has been terrible, and we may not win a game the rest of the season (including Rutgers). That's not including the lack of discipline we've shown on the field (18th most penalized team in the nation, and 4 ejections). His buyout is only $500k too. Add to that a new AD and his days are definitely numbered.