• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin cowherd says Alabama manipulating schedule

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty spot on before any tough game they schedule either a bye week or a cup cake aka built in bye week.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama gets a month to prepare for USC, but USC doesn't?

Awesome!

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty spot on before any tough game they schedule either a bye week or a cup cake aka built in bye week.

I guess it's a good thing USC plays Alabama early in the schedule.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems kind of cry babyish to me. I mean, the 4 examples of cupcakes or byes before tough teams he gives... USC-first game of the year. They both have the same amount of time to prepare. Ole Miss-plays Wofford the week before Bama. LSU - bye week before Bama. Auburn- plays Alabama A&M the week before Bama. Where exactly is the big advantage for Alabama?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't be the homer and tout Alabama's schedule, but looking at Arkansas...where on USC's schedule do they have 5 in a row that look like this....Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida and LSU.

Cowturd is a joke, his outrage is simply a ploy by him to drum up some controversy. Kudos to him for figuring out a way to get paid to be a talent-less hack.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be the homer and tout Alabama's schedule, but looking at Arkansas...where on USC's schedule do they have 5 in a row that look like this....Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida and LSU.

Cowturd is a joke, his outrage is simply a ploy by him to drum up some controversy. Kudos to him for figuring out a way to get paid to be a talent-less hack.

You're missing the point, and you said you wouldn't tout Alabama's schedule yet you forgot to take off your SEC glasses before writing that.

USC does get a month off before Bama just in the same. But his point and i think most people feel the same is that SEC teams play their cupcake games in the middle and end of the season and they put their big Non Conference games at the very first game and always on a neutral field. While most teams, not all, but most will play their big Non Cons in week 3 or 4 (usually a home and home series) and all their cream puffs in the very first two weeks. Therefor leaving the beef of their schedule throughout the rest of the season with maybe a bye week in there somewhere if they didn't get it within the first five weeks.

Sorry, but Bama or most other teams, once again not all but most, dont play a loaded schedule after the first five weeks. And you can say "where on USC's schedule do they have 5 in a row that look like this....Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida and LSU" all you want but that is no different than saying "where on Alabama's do they have 5 in a row that look like this... Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida and LSU, Georgia." Answer is....they dont...and havent...in years. Why...because there is always a bye week or Chatanooga St. or Southern Alabama in there somewhere between all of those games..

Im not trying to harp to much on Alabama as i have always loved watching Bama play even as a young kid, i have lost a lot of respect for their fans though as they have started to forget what being humble means. But lets throw out the homer team/conference glasses here and look at it from a different viewpoint. Several, once again not all but most, SEC teams schedules are garbage, and putting names out there like "Bama, LSU, Florida, Ole Miss, Auburn" as being a tough schedule in reality is no different than saying "UCLA, Stanford, USC, Oregon, Arizona St."...or "Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma St."...or "Ohio, Michigan, Michigan St., Nebraska, Penn St."... Everyone has their big teams and their little teams...difference is just about all other conference teams dont schedule "Sissy St. School for the Dwarfs" right before all of those games like SEC schools do.

Be realistic and humble and enjoy College Football for the games that are played, dont be an idiot and spew trash just because you dont like what someone says about your team...look at it from others points of views and maybe you will get the point.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But his point and i think most people feel the same is that SEC teams play their cupcake games in the middle and end of the season and they put their big Non Conference games at the very first game and always on a neutral field

I've always thought that this was more a product of television/ratings, and not exactly devious schedule manipulation.

Sure it helps, no question... but broadcasters would probably revolt if every P5 team in the country played 3-4 shit teams for the entire month of September. They need those juicy inter-conference matchups early on. And it seems like both teams have to agree to the neutral site, I don't know if that's a demand placed solely by the SEC teams. Bigger venue, bigger gate, bigger made-for-tv event.

I understand being angry at the teams who take advantage of it, but I blame the system.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought that this was more a product of television/ratings, and not exactly devious schedule manipulation.

Sure it helps, no question... but broadcasters would probably revolt if every P5 team in the country played 3-4 shit teams for the entire month of September. They need those juicy inter-conference matchups early on. And it seems like both teams have to agree to the neutral site, I don't know if that's a demand placed solely by the SEC teams. Bigger venue, bigger gate, bigger made-for-tv event.

I understand being angry at the teams who take advantage of it, but I blame the system.
There are always juicy out of conference games the first 3-4 weeks of the year, though. Several of them are played by SEC teams even. They are the only conference, though, that you see most of the teams playing shitty creampuffs late in the year so the starters can get an extra week off to rest for the homestretch.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always juicy out of conference games the first 3-4 weeks of the year, though. Several of them are played by SEC teams even.

Yeah...I believe I said that...that's what TV moguls like. This is one reason why you can't have EVERY P5 team playing creampuffs for the entire month of September. For some of them, if they want to schedule a shit team at all, it will have to be later in the year -- or you're going to get nothing but puke matchups until October.

They are the only conference, though, that you see most of the teams playing shitty creampuffs late in the year so the starters can get an extra week off to rest for the homestretch.

And your team doesn't do it...because? :noidea:

Seriously, what is it? Is it ego? Because fuck ego...life is hard enough. Nothing is stopping Ohio State or any other team from doing this... There is no NCAA rule being violated by playing a double A team in November.

Some teams choose to do it, others don't, and their reasons remain a mystery to me. It's just some sort of false swagger or something.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowturd drumming up ratings.

HMMMMM, let me see if this will bring ratings up since I am boring to listen to most of the time. - Cowturd

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowturd drumming up ratings.

HMMMMM, let me see if this will bring ratings up since I am boring to listen to most of the time. - Cowturd

I impugn your manliness based on where your collegiate football team schedules their creampuffs!

What yew got to SAY about that??

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I believe I said that...that's what TV moguls like. This is one reason why you can't have EVERY P5 team playing creampuffs for the entire month of September. For some of them, if they want to schedule a shit team at all, it will have to be later in the year -- or you're going to get nothing but puke matchups until October.

And your team doesn't do it...because? :noidea:

Seriously, what is it? Is it ego? Because fuck ego...life is hard enough. Nothing is stopping Ohio State or any other team from doing this... There is no NCAA rule being violated by playing a double A team in November.

Some teams choose to do it, others don't, and their reasons remain a mystery to me. It's just some sort of false swagger or something.
Easy, easy. I wasn't being hostile, just merely pointing out a fact.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I impugn your manliness based on where your collegiate football team schedules their creampuffs!

What yew got to SAY about that??

Having watched Bama play over the last few years, i simply dont see an issue with when they play the cream puffs, but if someone does then by all means have fun discussing it.

And Calling me out got me riled up, so its wet towels at dawn buddy :lol: