• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Schedule

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule comes out tomorrow. They announced this morning that our game against the Chiefs will be Week 17 (NYE) at 4:25.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably also a good time for us all to remind ourselves that we have no idea how hard or easy the second half of the schedule will be..... I think most folks had us going 5-4 on the back 9 at best last year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably also a good time for us all to remind ourselves that we have no idea how hard or easy the second half of the schedule will be..... I think most folks had us going 5-4 on the back 9 at best last year.
I say it every year - people freak out over SOS, and it's silly. We have no way of knowing what will occur. Injuries, good streaks, bad streaks, firings bad seasons, good seasons...it all impacts every aspect of the NFL year.

The schedule will, no doubt, be one of the harder ones since the Bengals will face off against all of the conference winners, or top teams, for whatever other conferences they play. But, outside of a select few, that could drastically change from last year to this year...and like I said, it only takes an injury, or two, to turn a tough schedule into a mediocre, or even easy, schedule.

But, I get it - it's a talking point in a very down period of NFL news, so people are going to analyze it to the Nth degree...it is what it is, but it rarely works out as everyone expects - so I don't get too high, or too low, over the schedule.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say it every year - people freak out over SOS, and it's silly. We have no way of knowing what will occur. Injuries, good streaks, bad streaks, firings bad seasons, good seasons...it all impacts every aspect of the NFL year.

The schedule will, no doubt, be one of the harder ones since the Bengals will face off against all of the conference winners, or top teams, for whatever other conferences they play. But, outside of a select few, that could drastically change from last year to this year...and like I said, it only takes an injury, or two, to turn a tough schedule into a mediocre, or even easy, schedule.

But, I get it - it's a talking point in a very down period of NFL news, so people are going to analyze it to the Nth degree...it is what it is, but it rarely works out as everyone expects - so I don't get too high, or too low, over the schedule.
With this team, I'm more interested in what is on the schedule for the first four weeks. It's fair to assume that Burrow will be better in September than he was in his first three seasons - This is making the assumption that he is not coming off major surgery or disruptions due to a pandemic. But, I also wonder how much Taylor and the offense will always need a few weeks to really figure out how they want to attack the D. We'll also be breaking in a new secondary so I'm hopeful that some of the less prolific QBs fill those first 4 weeks. We'll see.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unlikely that we open at home. In general, you can tell when we will or will not given the Reds schedule. They are home that Sunday.... I suppose there could be a MNF game, but I still think that is unlikely.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us on the road for MNF in week 1.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this team, I'm more interested in what is on the schedule for the first four weeks. It's fair to assume that Burrow will be better in September than he was in his first three seasons - This is making the assumption that he is not coming off major surgery or disruptions due to a pandemic. But, I also wonder how much Taylor and the offense will always need a few weeks to really figure out how they want to attack the D. We'll also be breaking in a new secondary so I'm hopeful that some of the less prolific QBs fill those first 4 weeks. We'll see.
Agreed.

I just hope some of the OL actually get some PT this pre-season. Injuries are going to happen no matter what, but with a new LT, and the fight for RT, the need for those guys to also play next to their counterpart at LG/RG is also so important to develop that communication and feel for how to handle schemes, stunts, blitz pickups, passing off players...etc....I think that also helped in aiding the slow start last year as well.

I'm bullish on the secondary - if only for 2 things: We have a TON of guys who are multiple - guys that are able to play both at the S spot in zone coverages, deep quarters, and guys who can move up from Safety and play some man CB. Secondly, and this goes with the 1st point - I know Lou is going to come up with some amazing schemes to utilize those guys and keep QB's off balance. There will be some growing pains, for sure, but when you look across that room - there is a lot of talent, and a lot of different ways to use that talent.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unlikely that we open at home. In general, you can tell when we will or will not given the Reds schedule. They are home that Sunday.... I suppose there could be a MNF game, but I still think that is unlikely.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us on the road for MNF in week 1.
Eh, those 5K fans, by that time, shouldn't affect much....LOL

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I received a notification that we play the Chiefs on new years eve.

well, it's a company holiday so I guess I get to watch, lol

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to put my money on the opener being Cincy @ Baltimore on SNF

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take that virtual bet, and push for the game to be in Cincinnati since we have 9 home games this year, and say it will be against the Rams at 4:25.
Well crap, I may have already lost. NYG-DAL is rumored for that game. You already lost too though. Reds play at home at 1:40 that day. The only way we are at home Week 1 is MNF. So I may go CINCY-MIN on MNF Week 1 now.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, those 5K fans, by that time, shouldn't affect much....LOL
I mean, it really shouldn't matter.... And I do think it has happened sometime in the history of the two stadiums. But, I remember reading a few years ago that the NFL was against scheduling their games in cities where the baseball team was at home and that this was just a general rule even if capacity would allow. This was one of the reasons we went 6 or 7 straight years opening on the road.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well crap, I may have already lost. NYG-DAL is rumored for that game. You already lost too though. Reds play at home at 1:40 that day. The only way we are at home Week 1 is MNF. So I may go CINCY-MIN on MNF Week 1 now.
Not sure I lost yet, my assumption is as Cincy78 said, not sure Cincinnati is going to care about the 7,000 fans potentially going to be at the stadium. However, that is a possibility.

So my backup, is on the road against Pittsburgh.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I lost yet, my assumption is as Cincy78 said, not sure Cincinnati is going to care about the 7,000 fans potentially going to be at the stadium. However, that is a possibility.

So my backup, is on the road against Pittsburgh.
Its not so much just the # of fans, its who owns the parking lots that day. They also both share the same vending company and the police that work the events.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a potential choice for Week 1 MNF could be SF/Cin.... They were both division runner ups and I'm sure the league doesn't care about making the Bengals play a week 2 game after a west coast monday night game.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a potential choice for Week 1 MNF could be SF/Cin.... They were both division runner ups and I'm sure the league doesn't care about making the Bengals play a week 2 game after a west coast monday night game.
I like this thought process. That would be quite the game. Not sure if the NFL would think this is Primetime worthy with SF missing their QB. Maybe Lance is the draw still, but that defense against our offense, that is quite intriguing.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. That all makes a bunch of sense. I will go with Cincinnati at Pittsburgh week 1.

It did happen one time recently though. It was unavoidable.

It was a bad day all around for Cincinnati. Lost a 1pm game against the Bucs and then got swept by the Phillies in Game 3 of the Reds first playoff berth in 15 years.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow that was the year of TO and Palmer's final year.