• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coleman vs Mizzell

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So now that Mizzell has made his stupid decision who does everyone think is the better of the 2 and why? I don't think there's that much difference either way and since we have Coleman I don't really care much. The only problem I have with it is that it perpetuates the Bayside to UVA pipeline

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that Mizzell has made his stupid decision who does everyone think is the better of the 2 and why? I don't think there's that much difference either way and since we have Coleman I don't really care much. The only problem I have with it is that it perpetuates the Bayside to UVA pipeline

Coleman will win more college football games than Mizzell. That's all I care about. Why is this a thread?

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't actually seen any of Smoke's tape, I just know how everyone feels about him. Regardless, I'm happy with JC and I think he'll be good for us

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't doubt that Mizzell is an excellent back, and a huge pick up for them or any other program. It would be like us picking up Derrick Green if we didn't already fill the stable last year and if we were coming off 10 years of sucking ass and an 8 year losing streak to our in-state rival.

JC is an perfect fit and enthusiastic ambassador for our program. He's possibly the best recruiter on our staff (no offense to the paid ones), and by all accounts is supremely self-motivated and focused on earning a spot on the field immediately. The kid just had the highlight of the last scrimmage, as a true Freshman, while playing with a broken hand. Of the two players, we got the Hokie.

If Smoke is a true "UVA kid", or if he could at least be swayed that way, we don't need to lose sleep over him going there. Hell, I could argue that it's better he disappear there than to go to Clemson or FSU where he'd be a threat. I'd say most Hokies are only upset because it feeds the "catching up" myth that they're selling in Charlottesville, but it's not like their 2013 class just caught up with ours. We are so deep at F/rs-F running backs that we have a quiet potential 4-year All-ACC type we aren't talking about at #1, JC as a change-up, an All-American most of us hope both redshirts and doesn't play RB, another that we assume will end up in the slot, and one that some are worried may not stick with us after prep school if the 5-star left on our board decides to don Maroon and Orange.

Basically, a genuine congratulations to them, and I don't feel the slightest bit upset about their newest Hooha.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what holes will Mizzell run through with our DLine in the backfield swallowing him up?

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly what holes will Mizzell run through with our DLine in the backfield swallowing him up?

There a hole in each of the 9s on the front of James Gayle's jersey, which is about all he'll see if Gayle is still a collegiate player next year. RVD won't give him even that luxury over the next four.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 to what Tag and Brag said. Hokies have such depth and quality at RB that a single miss is not a big deal.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 to what Tag and Brag said. Hokies have such depth and quality at RB that a single miss is not a big deal.

Very much so. Hate missing out on Smoke because I think he could be the best RB UVA has ever had, but I think we saw that coming months back. Same goes for Green, would love to have him, but if we whiff, not the end of the world. We have not had a shortage of great RB's or CB's at VT in A LONG time. Don't see that changing anytime soon. Next year's

And FTR...Coleman is going to be a super stud too. Love how he has added so much more weight (and power I am sure) in just 6 months time. Already heard some of you (and others) starting to possibly compare him to a Ray Rice kinda guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coleman is a better back Imo (and not Bc he goes to VT) Smoke is shifty and quick, has good hands and is consistant. To me JC has more "explosiveness" and he has all the "it" factors as smoke. Once JC changed his body he became a force that can block, catch and hit the hole. JC seems to have better patience and vision at this stage as well, but JC has spent the fall and spring at college so that helps...

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Mizzell's film at all, and I know JC has been a huge recruiting tool for us, so as far as immediate impact goes, he would be hard to beat, even if Mizzell's commitment more or less assures Quin Blanding will be going to UVA

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really all think branding will go to UVA though? He seems to be opening up his recruiting much more