• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there’s a video of a couple of groups of men of Arab descent having a brief skirmish on the streets in Lubeck, Germany and it was being posted in a few places online, which, whatever. It’s hardly the worst thing I’ve seen.

The only reason I’ve seen it though is because German police posted the below tweet which translates as “Danger!!! A video of a violent confrontation in Lübeck is currently circulating on social media! The police warn against further distribution of the video and call for it to be deleted!”, which is fucking insane and such a nod to the Streisand Effect.

Europe’s issue with migration right now is incredibly complex but shit like this is just straight gasoline on the idea that authorities are trying to tell you one thing when you’re seeing another.

The police responses to the replies here are equally fucked.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me shocked a politician is corrupt.

Anyway certain democrats are pushing him to resign right now, I bet he magically becomes a republican in the near future.

In the hours after the indictment, some fellow Democrats, including New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy, called for Menendez to resign as senator. In response, Menendez said: “It is not lost on me how quickly some are rushing to judge a Latino and push him out of his seat. I am not going anywhere.”

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me shocked a politician is corrupt.

Anyway certain democrats are pushing him to resign right now, I bet he magically becomes a republican in the near future.
You will notice that as this is known, there are calls from Democrats for him to piss off.

However, this openly corrupt motherfucker:

Nothing but crickets from the party that put him there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The US and the world is fucked

On the one hand, it's very early and polls can swing widely. On the other hand, how so many folks still want Trump to lead the country for four more years when you see how bad his first term was is quite shocking to me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand, multiple indictments, sexual predator and racist. On the other 3 years older.

View attachment 341364

21037054-item-big-NES-REPRESET-A-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.