• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shooting at the Cubs game was accidental, so it's all good.
Some fat piece of shit snuck a gun into the game in the folds of her belly rolls.

Fat GIF

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh know don’t let the general population see homeless in our shoes that we can’t sell.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh know don’t let the general population see homeless in our shoes that we can’t sell.

Considering the trouble I have had finding certain styles that "sell out" I find it kind of hard to believe that Vans throws shoes away. They have these outlets all around the country that get all kinds of stuff and they sell odd, discontinued styles at huge discounts online (Like the Orange high tops I got a few weeks back). Larger discount places like DSW get ones and twos to liquidate as well. The dude who started the company was a surfer hippy in the 60's and has always donated a lot to charity in and around SoCal. I get that he died and his company was bought by a conglomerate, but destroying and throwing shoes on a sidewalk is so weird for a company that guy founded.

Side note: I currently have about 30-40 pairs of Vans, was once sponsored by Vans in my BMX days and have pretty much only worn Vans since 1983. Kinda familiar with the company.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the trouble I have had finding certain styles that "sell out" I find it kind of hard to believe that Vans throws shoes away. They have these outlets all around the country that get all kinds of stuff and they sell odd, discontinued styles at huge discounts online (Like the Orange high tops I got a few weeks back). Larger discount places like DSW get ones and twos to liquidate as well. The dude who started the company was a surfer hippy in the 60's and has always donated a lot to charity in and around SoCal. I get that he died and his company was bought by a conglomerate, but destroying and throwing shoes on a sidewalk is so weird for a company that guy founded.

There has to be some other explanation for this.
Yeah I wondered that myself, as the person stated they think it was specific to just that store.

As for the outlets, etc...I truly think every outlet mall has a Vans Outlet in them and usually by the time they make it to DSW it is just the plan black, white and blue styles available.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wondered that myself, as the person stated they think it was specific to just that store.

As for the outlets, etc...I truly think every outlet mall has a Vans Outlet in them and usually by the time they make it to DSW it is just the plan black, white and blue styles available.
Also, if Vans stores are just chucking shoes in dumpsters, then I am gonna start digging. Maybe I'll find the damn high top hiking shoes they came out with that I can't find anywhere else.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if Vans stores are just chucking shoes in dumpsters, then I am gonna start digging. Maybe I'll find the damn high top hiking shoes they came out with that I can't find anywhere else.
Funny I was looking for a pair also. The only place I ever saw those was at a Dicks sporting good and the VANs store in the Mall of GA but nothing close to my shoe size.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I was looking for a pair also. The only place I ever saw those was at a Dicks sporting good and the VANs store in the Mall of GA but nothing close to my shoe size.
When we were up in Cleveland, I found a pair ON CLEARANCE in a Vans store. Even the blue color I wanted. I was so excited. 2 sizes too small was the biggest they had. GRRRR

I keep getting ads for different shoe stores on Twitter and Facebook with a picture of the blue ones and every time I click the links the Blue ones are sold out. Double GRRRR

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we were up in Cleveland, I found a pair ON CLEARANCE in a Vans store. Even the blue color I wanted. I was so excited. 2 sizes too small was the biggest they had. GRRRR

I keep getting ads for different shoe stores on Twitter and Facebook with a picture of the blue ones and every time I click the links the Blue ones are sold out. Double GRRRR
Funny I was looking for the blue ones also and even the others they had in stock, not in my shoe size. The closest was a nine, but that was way too small. Made me wonder if they ever had them in 11.5 or larger to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.