• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the trouble I have had finding certain styles that "sell out" I find it kind of hard to believe that Vans throws shoes away. They have these outlets all around the country that get all kinds of stuff and they sell odd, discontinued styles at huge discounts online (Like the Orange high tops I got a few weeks back). Larger discount places like DSW get ones and twos to liquidate as well. The dude who started the company was a surfer hippy in the 60's and has always donated a lot to charity in and around SoCal. I get that he died and his company was bought by a conglomerate, but destroying and throwing shoes on a sidewalk is so weird for a company that guy founded.

Side note: I currently have about 30-40 pairs of Vans, was once sponsored by Vans in my BMX days and have pretty much only worn Vans since 1983. Kinda familiar with the company.
Yeah this doesn’t really pass the smell test. Like why would they just toss them all and the boxes into a pile on the street in front of the store lol

And I know companies do destroy clothing instead of donating or outletting etc which is kind of weird - why not leave that stuff out front for the mass looter mobs so they leave all the new stuff alone??

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I was looking for the blue ones also and even the others they had in stock, not in my shoe size. The closest was a nine, but that was way too small. Made me wonder if they ever had them in 11.5 or larger to begin with?
They do, because one place had them in 7, 7.5, 9 and 14.

I do have waterskis for feet, but a 14 is a bit too big.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good decision as I'm sure it would just get toppled down again. Maybe it should be placed in a museum though, he was Canada's first prime minister after all.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found on reddit:

What does forfeit mean?
-It means he elected not to present a defense in the civil case, which means A. he loses that case and B. his admission of defeat can be used against him in the RICO case.

-Giuliani lost the case because he struggled to maintain access to his electronic records, partly because of the cost, and couldn’t adequately respond to subpoenas from attorneys for Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss as the case moved forward.

-It means that Rudy didn't do the bare minimum necessary to follow the procedures of the court, so the judge determined he has lost the case by default.

-It also means Rudy is a totally washed up lawyer, drunk, broke idiot.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in 2015 and 2016, when Donald Trump entered the Republican ring, Giuliani became his supporter, aide and attorney simp. After Trump became president, Giuliani’s work in Ukraine, seeking dirt on political rivals, fueled the first of two impeachments. After the 2020 election, Giuliani’s work to overturn Trump’s defeat contributed to his own mounting legal bills and problems.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same look a toddler has when they unexpectedly shit themselves

curls-gym.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.