• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cobra Kai

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up....Season one was just awesome. Season 2 was ok. The reasoning for me thinking it was ok is that it went away from the nostalgia side of it where season 1 hit a homerun on and concentrated on the kids more then Daniel and Johnny.

I'll keep an open mind.
There is only so far they can ride the nostalgia train.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s a good show? I thought it looked a little cheesy from the preview but maybe I need to give it a try.
It's cheesy. Go in expecting that, and you will have a good time watching it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine was when Johnny meets up with his buddies (minus Dutch) and the season two finale. Seeing them get along briefly in season one and two, I believe makes you realize that they’ll probably work things out by the end of the show and possibly form their own hybrid style.

I wonder if ali coming back is to be a love interest for Johnny or if it’s to give him Taylor swift treatment (they were never ever ever getting back together) so he stops blaming Daniel for it.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree, but the Other sides kids didn’t know about most of those. That’s the only real difference.

the reality is without their kids Danny and Johnny probably are able to bury the hatchet in season 1.
Without the hit and run, I feel like neither of their paths cross, or it would’ve just been a lot later.

I wonder if ali coming back is to be a love interest for Johnny or if it’s to give him Taylor swift treatment (they were never ever ever getting back together) so he stops blaming Daniel for it.
I feel like he will fall for her again since Miguel’s mom hates him at the moment but feel like him and his mom will reconcile and get back together.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the hit and run, I feel like neither of their paths cross, or it would’ve just been a lot later.

I feel like he will fall for her again since Miguel’s mom hates him at the moment but feel like him and his mom will reconcile and get back together.

the whole hit and run was messed up.

the daughter probably should’ve been driving. Why is Johnny taking it out on the girl in the backseat who was berating her friend for texting while driving

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ali is supposed to be married. So that will be interesting to see.

but if he can stop Kreese without Daniel, what is the conflict for s4?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole hit and run was messed up.

the daughter probably should’ve been driving. Why is Johnny taking it out on the girl in the backseat who was berating her friend for texting while driving
Yeah, that part didn’t make sense. He should’ve been chastising Jasmine. I’m guessing because he was drinking, it was just easier to get to her.

Ali is supposed to be married. So that will be interesting to see.

but if he can stop Kreese without Daniel, what is the conflict for s4?
I don’t think he stops Kreese in season three. I feel like Kreese will continue doing what he’s doing and manipulating the kids. Wouldn’t shock me if he used Hawk to further torture Johnny by having him badmouthed. And maybe Alli, after talking to Johnny some and realizing he’s not a bad guy, plays the angel on Miguel’s shoulder if she’s helping him rehab and tries to tell Miguel not to fall into the Cobra Kai trap.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Binged it over the past 2 days. I thought it was ok, middle of the road. Each episode was around 30 minutes so they went quick. I will tune in to season 3.

I would not have known that was Ralph Macchio if I did not know better.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Binged it over the past 2 days. I thought it was ok, middle of the road. Each episode was around 30 minutes so they went quick. I will tune in to season 3.

I would not have known that was Ralph Macchio if I did not know better.

So did you like season one better then 2 or were the both meh to you?

With Netflix buying it, I wouldn't be surprised if they do at least 2 more season. I hope the return of Ali creates the nostalgic feel for me again. Seeing that Elizabeth Shue was killed off in The Boys, she now should have time to be in season 3 alot.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't stop watching. 6 episodes down last night.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did you like season one better then 2 or were the both meh to you?

With Netflix buying it, I wouldn't be surprised if they do at least 2 more season. I hope the return of Ali creates the nostalgic feel for me again. Seeing that Elizabeth Shue was killed off in The Boys, she now should have time to be in season 3 alot.
I liked both seasons. Season 1 was better in my opinion. I am looking forward to season 3.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked both seasons. Season 1 was better in my opinion. I am looking forward to season 3.

Season 1 hit the nostalgia side for me and really liked it more then season 2.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 just didn't have the magic season 1 did, but I still enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 3, but am way more excited about The Boys and Better Call Saul.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 1 hit the nostalgia side for me and really liked it more then season 2.

Plus (for me) season 1 had the surprise of Johnny Lawrence and an actor only known for playing to form baddie roles in the 80s.

I admit it....I was initially enjoying how much his life sucks. But then shit starts happening and I start liking the guy.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair Cobra Kai did a lot of that on their own.

- Miguel beat Daniels daughter
- him and hawk cheated at the tournament
- Miguel cheated on his girl with robbie’s girl
- hawk turned on his best friend and threatened him multiple times
- the kids who quit Cobra Kai were bullied by their friends who didn’t
- Tory is just a complete **** the entire time
- destroying the dojo and stealing the Medal of Honor

there would’ve been conflict without it. It just would’ve been more one sided

Sam, Robby and Daniel were by no means innocent of anything that happened.
She was part of a hit and run and didn't tell anyone.
Knowing her "friends" were bullying Aiesha, she really did nothing to stop it.
She never took up for Miguel when she had numerous chances to with Daniel, so of course the kid is going to get angry.
Daniel, wanting to be a dick and a bully to Johnny, tried to put him out of business by doubling his rent but didn't think about how it was going to affect every other business in that shopping center.
Daniel, also being a dick again, tried to use his power to keep Cobra Kai permanently banned from the tournament.
Robby helped his friends steal computers and resell them and who knows what else he was doing.
Robby got a job at Daniel's car dealership (neglecting to tell him he was Johnny's son) just so he could fuck with Johnny, all because he was jealous of his and Miguel's relationship.
And all of this was just in season one.

And this is just what blew me away in season 1 (and to be fair something they kept doing decently in S2).

The movie was in the 80s. It was a movie meant for families and teens. It was a straight up white hat/black hat endeavor. That’s how they did it then. No one was exploring the nuance that would exist in a more compelling story. There is no clear white hat/black hat in Cobra Kai. Lots of shades of grey. Neither side comes out smelling sweet, nor like shit.

And real life consequence happens. No smacking and rubbing hands together and fixing what happened to Miguel.

And that’s what pulled me in right away. They took a silly story from my youth and built a compelling story around it. Even if the overall spirit of the show is a bit cheesy....I will always give credit to that part.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus (for me) season 1 had the surprise of Johnny Lawrence and an actor only known for playing to form baddie roles in the 80s.

I admit it....I was initially enjoying how much his life sucks. But then shit starts happening and I start liking the guy.

He's trying, but flawed.

Daniel tries at first, but neither can get past their rivalry from the 80s.

Although the reason they haven't patched things up is 100% on their children (Robbie in S1, Sam in S2).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, Robby and Daniel were by no means innocent of anything that happened.
She was part of a hit and run and didn't tell anyone.
Knowing her "friends" were bullying Aiesha, she really did nothing to stop it.
She never took up for Miguel when she had numerous chances to with Daniel, so of course the kid is going to get angry.
Daniel, wanting to be a dick and a bully to Johnny, tried to put him out of business by doubling his rent but didn't think about how it was going to affect every other business in that shopping center.
Daniel, also being a dick again, tried to use his power to keep Cobra Kai permanently banned from the tournament.
Robby helped his friends steal computers and resell them and who knows what else he was doing.
Robby got a job at Daniel's car dealership (neglecting to tell him he was Johnny's son) just so he could fuck with Johnny, all because he was jealous of his and Miguel's relationship.
And all of this was just in season one.

I don't blame him for trying to keep Cobra Kai out of the tournament.

That was done for a reason.

It was reasonable to try and stop them.

The rest are 100% fair points.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him for trying to keep Cobra Kai out of the tournament.

That was done for a reason.

It was reasonable to try and stop them.

The rest are 100% fair points.
If he know how it was helping kids like Miguel, Aiesha and Hawk (even though he become what he hated) gain confidence to fight back against people picking on you, he probably wouldn't have had much issue with it. He just hated them from over 30 years ago and was just looking for any miniscule reason to take them, especially Johnny, out.