• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching overhaul complete

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike is going to make somebody a really good coach. He got pushed out when Bums boy came to town in 07.

lots of guys out there without his experience

Bill Parcels is the one that pushed Zimmer out. Not Wade.

Also BP staying his one extra year is what cost us from having Sean Payton.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Zimmer ran the 3-4 in the 1st year it was implemented and that defense did ok? It sure as hell went mor smoothly than the disaster we watched this last season. Zimmer is obviously one of the best coaches in the NFL.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Zimmer ran the 3-4 in the 1st year it was implemented and that defense did ok? It sure as hell went mor smoothly than the disaster we watched this last season. Zimmer is obviously one of the best coaches in the NFL.

he did run it the 1st year. then BP after saying the year before he would keep Zimmer replaced him. Zimmer has had top 5 to 10 defenses where ever he has gone, even with less than probowl players. Zimmer is an awesome DC.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zimmer did run the 3-4 for ONLY one year in his career. And that was under Parcels

Beyond that you are WRONG as usual

we dropped from a top 10 defense to the mid 20s and Zimmer was made the scapegoat. (as someone always has to be)

our transition this time.... we were already shitty .... and we stayed shitty. Didn't have 20 spots we could possibly fall.

Always takes time. No matter the coach to switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or vice versa

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could not agree more about Zimmer.
outstanding football coach everywhere he goes.

My thing is I don't think Zim wants any part of jerry jones and pretty much sticks his middle finger in the air with the thought. Could be wrong, just have that feeling

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could not agree more about Zimmer.
outstanding football coach everywhere he goes.

My thing is I don't think Zim wants any part of jerry jones and pretty much sticks his middle finger in the air with the thought. Could be wrong, just have that feeling

you aren't wrong

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this for a fact? Personally IF the Dallas job was available and Jerry offered it to Zim he'd sign on the spot. That is just my belief.

he has first hand knowledge of the JJ situation from his years here as DC so why would he want to return?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this for a fact? Personally IF the Dallas job was available and Jerry offered it to Zim he'd sign on the spot. That is just my belief.

Zimmer would accept ANY NFL Head Coaching position. He doesn't go and interview for shits and giggles. He hasn't gotten a gig because he is a brutally honest dude who doesn't come off as politically correct. New England and Alabama have done pretty well with similar type guys

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer would accept ANY NFL Head Coaching position. He doesn't go and interview for shits and giggles. He hasn't gotten a gig because he is a brutally honest dude who doesn't come off as politically correct. New England and Alabama have done pretty well with similar type guys

JJ would never tolerate his honesty

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has first hand knowledge of the JJ situation from his years here as DC so why would he want to return?

Look, I'm simply asking how you can give a matter of fact answer in how Zimmer feels about Jerry. PDay states he "Thinks" Zim would show Jerry the middle finger then you follow as though he would in fact do so. Therefore I have to ask how did you get this knowledge? Did Zimmer tell you this over lunch?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer would take the job. He has always wanted the job. That's a fact.

When he was let go he did say he felt a bit betrayed. He thought he had earned a shot at the HCing position .. and why not Jerry was promoting from within.

Like a good man would do though ... Kept doing his job because he respected Parcels.
When he felt betrayed was when he was fired .....

No doubt in my eyes if the door was open for him in Dallas he would damn sure love to come here and show Jerry every reason why he should have hired him over Parcels .... or atleast bust his ass trying to.... He's just that type of coach. Give him crap and he will make them perform like a casserole

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ would never tolerate his honesty

I'm not 100% sure if you are playing up to the anti-Jerry talk or if you really mean that, but i disagree. There was no more brutally honest coach than Parcells and Jerry knew that when he brought him here. Zimmer may be Old School. But it's not like he is going to go around telling everyone very little thing Jerry does.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter who you bring in. As long as Jerry is here and owns the team, we continue to suck.

In that case, we are gonna suck for an awful long time. This team will be owned by Jerry or someone else named Jones till at least the 22nd century

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter who you bring in. As long as Jerry is here and owns the team, we continue to suck.

so with this way of thinking. We should never change coaches or players. Nothing we can do about Jerry. Is something they could do about coaches & players however.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so with this way of thinking. We should never change coaches or players. Nothing we can do about Jerry. Is something they could do about coaches & players however.
Are you asking me what I would do if I owned the Cowboys at this exact moment in time?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you asking me what I would do if I owned the Cowboys at this exact moment in time?

no not really. Jerry owns the team & as you mentioned you would do nothing to the team as long as Jerry owns & GMs the team. You already answered that question. Got it!

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no not really. Jerry owns the team & as you mentioned you would do nothing to the team as long as Jerry owns & GMs the team. You already answered that question. Got it!
Then based on that, I would have to say change all you want. Who knows, maybe we will get a bit lucky, have some luck staying healthy for a change I site of Jerry. But organizationally, we are such a mess I don't see anything of significance as long as Jerry is owner.