• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching movement

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver - DeMeco Ryans
Indy - Jeff Saturday
Houston - Jonathon Gannon
Arizona - Who the fuck knows
I could see it happening that way. I could see either Indy or Arizona doing something squirrelly.

It's a little hard to believe that 5 years ago, Ryans was just a quality control coach and he's only been a DC for 2 seasons now. His star has risen quickly. I think that story is getitng more common, as there are Lots of young HCs these days.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Denver looks like the best job left by a MILE. The next coach can't do any worse than Hackett did. You've got a QB (that you'll have to fix) and a good defense and even a 1st rd pick (as long as you don't hire Payton).

Houston has an almost bare cupboard and doesn't even have the #1 pick. Does the new HC have to really like Stroud?

Indy needs a QB but isn't picking high enough to get one, and then their strange owner's fascination with Jeff Saturday.

Arizona will be without their starting QB most, if not all, of next season, Watt is retiring, etc. Gonna be tough sledding.
The only problem with the Denver job is the expectations. I think Denver is expected to make the playoffs next year because they have a defense in place and Russell Wilson.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see it happening that way. I could see either Indy or Arizona doing something squirrelly.

It's a little hard to believe that 5 years ago, Ryans was just a quality control coach and he's only been a DC for 2 seasons now. His star has risen quickly. I think that story is getitng more common, as there are Lots of young HCs these days.
Some guys just have “IT”. He played for the Eagles at the end of his career and it took about 6 weeks for us to hear that his nickname around the team was Mufasa. Dude came in immediately and learned the scheme and was already teaching young players where to be and the when and the why. I knew then that if dude wanted it, he could be a great coach.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are hiring former Jets OC Mike LaFleur to be their new OC.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Indy is a bad job if only because they're finally in line for a QB. I think it's a fairly desirable job opening.

Houston and Arizona seem like the worst jobs in the league right now. I thought Lovie Smith actually overachieved last year.

1674843912269.png

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams seem to be hiring not yet qualified coaches being promoted
while other teams are hiring qualified fired coaches :noidea:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a huge get for Jerry.

Sure, he has a good gig in Dallas, but he knew that going into all those interviews. Did he get the feeling that he wasn't going to get any of the jobs or did he just not like any of the jobs?
Because Jerrah told him he will be the Cowboys next head coach.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would seem just like a Colts thing to do. Draft a young QB and then hire a defensive HC who has no clue how to handle him after you gifted Frank Reich to the Panthers. Supposedly Irsay wants to keep Jeff Saturday on while everybody else in the building wants to get a real coach.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Jerrah told him he will be the Cowboys next head coach.
It's hard when your orginal choice produces two consecutive playoff seasons (24-10) Not to mention how often old Jerry tells his story how the 2020 season wasn't fair for coaches new to their team.

Now? Old Jerry is talking about McCarthy staying as long as Landry. Jerry loves the attention

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos have no other choice now, but to name Russell Wilson player/coach.

I would take the job if they offered it to me. Of course, they would go 0-17, but what’s it to me?

Actually, that’s not true. I would go 0-1 before they fired me if they didn’t before training camp. but again, what’s it to me?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos have no other choice now, but to name Russell Wilson player/coach.

I would take the job if they offered it to me. Of course, they would go 0-17, but what’s it to me?

Actually, that’s not true. I would go 0-1 before they fired me if they didn’t before training camp. but again, what’s it to me?

I wouldn’t hire Ryan’s just for the simple fact niners get a comp pick. Why should I enable the rich to get richer?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t hire Ryan’s just for the simple fact niners get a comp pick. Why should I enable the rich to get richer?
Damn dude do you wear a sheet and pointy hat at the Thursday night Klan meeting or just when practice burning a cross is on the agenda?

WOW

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude do you wear a sheet and pointy hat at the Thursday night Klan meeting or just when practice burning a cross is on the agenda?

WOW
Don’t know what you’re talking about dude. I never made it about race the nfl did. I just don’t think the niners who probably should’ve been in the sb this year should get a 3rd round pick because someone hires him