• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Poll is out

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan will play 9 scheduled, preseason top 25 teams, including either Nova or VCU in the Legends Classic (in addition to, but not including Oregon).

Played nearly that entire list, including those receiving votes, the last couple of seasons. Not too shabby.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. UK
2. Zona
3. Wisky
4. Duke
5. KU

(preseason)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. UK
2. Zona
3. Wisky
4. Duke
5. KU

(preseason)

I agree although I put UNC 5 and KU 6. I think UNC's frontcourt is nasty, and, of course, there's that marcus paige guy...

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree although I put UNC 5 and KU 6. I think UNC's frontcourt is nasty, and, of course, there's that marcus paige guy...

I have the Heels at 6 and Horns (that's one big and nasty looking team) at 7 ...preseason....

Yea, "that Marcus Paige guy" is going to tear it up. No doubt about it. With his shot, ability to glide to the basket, and good vision, I could see him nearing 20 ppg, 5.5 apg...and take UNC deep.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Texas could be unreal. The highest ceiling of any team outside the top 6 IMO. I'm looking forward to seeing what Myles Turner can do, that's for sure

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would start a fight by saying Kaleb Joseph sucks no freshman can lead that team AGAIN but he's from my hometown, pretty cool to see him make it to the 'Cuse and likely have an impact right away.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season needs to start, and it needed to start yesterday. I am losing an hour or two of productivity at work, per day, from looking at college basketball stuff.

On second thought, that probably won't get better when the season starts.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Kentucky 785 (24)
2 Arizona 746 (3)
3 Duke 715 (2)
4 Wisconsin 706 (3)
5 Kansas 654
6 North Carolina 598
7 Florida 568
8 Virginia 519
9 Louisville 507
10 Texas 479
11 Wichita State 471
12 Villanova 439
13 Gonzaga 423
14 Iowa State 323
15 Connecticut 292
16 VCU 259
17 San Diego State 251
18 Michigan State 241
19 Oklahoma 237
20 Ohio State 223
21 Nebraska 156

22 SMU 149
23 Michigan 139
24 Syracuse 128
25 Iowa 58

Others Receiving Votes

Harvard 47; Stanford 47; Kansas State 37; Pittsburgh 36; Utah 26; Memphis 25; Minnesota 18; UCLA 15; New Mexico 11; Oregon 9; Louisiana Tech 8; Colorado 8; Arkansas 8; Dayton 6; Providence 5; Notre Dame 5; Massachusetts 4; Georgetown 4; Illinois 4; Texas-El Paso 4; Florida State 3; Baylor 2; George Washington 1; Miami (Fla.) 1; Toledo 1; Saint Mary's 1

Iowa has plenty of chances to prove themselves this season. They have 8 different teams who received preseason votes (6 ranked). That is 11 games vs those teams.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with ranking Kentucky number 1 is the same problem I had last year and the year before. The reason you are ranking them number 1 is based on a completley unkown projection. UK has talent returning but make no mistake their ranking is where it is based on the incoming guys. While that is fine I dont see a reason to rank an unknown ahead of a known in the preseason/ If after 7 or 8 games UK is blowing everyone out by 20+ then by all means rank them number 1 and it will be fine by me. A more likely scenario ( like last year ) is that the young kids struggle to mesh with the returning guys and it takes half a season or so for them to come together. Now if you are ranking them number 1 based on where you think they END the year then I can see a lefit number 1 arggument but most people dont do their rankings like that.

What's so "unknown" about this team? The core of this team just played in the National Championship game last season and beat Wisconsin without our starting Center. No disrespect to Wisconsin but these "kids" from UK took their best shot and won the game. It wasn't like Wisconsin didn't have an opportunity to hit the game winning shot at the end of that game...

UK is returning as much experience as they had on the last National Championship team. Now, we obviously don't have a "Davis" on this team but they're going to be very, very good.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a defender of UK's ranking, but I also feel strongly about a few things that I know you will disagree with me on
1) Poythress isn't good at basketball. Both Arizona and Wisconsin have small forwards that will eat him alive (Dekker and Hollis-Jefferson)
2) Lee is a bit player, nothing more. He is a good back up though, I'll give you that
3) Booker isn't ready to contribute yet. This is more of a hunch based on what I have seen when I've watched him play

Your depth won't help you as much as you want to believe against the elite teams, with injury/fluky foul trouble (which I'll admit can happen at any time) the exception there.

In other words, you can bring in towns Lyles Lee but they are not going to be better than a Zeus, Ashley, Hollis-Jefferson even if they are "fresher"

I can see where you're coming from, but the fact is, Lee, Poythress and Booker will all be 1st round picks someday. When those three constitute the 7th, 8th and 9th best players on your team, that's insane depth

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. My Tar Heels at #6, great to see.

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time Nebraska was ranked in a preseason poll. I think maybe the program has turned the corner, has the right coach, with one of the best arenas in the country, sellouts each game. It has been a long time coming.

GBR...

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time Nebraska was ranked in a preseason poll. I think maybe the program has turned the corner, has the right coach, with one of the best arenas in the country, sellouts each game. It has been a long time coming.

GBR...

It's a curse to be ranked in the pre season polls. I will step out on a limb here.
Everybody in the top 5 right now will lose at least one OOC game.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a curse to be ranked in the pre season polls. I will step out on a limb here.

I don't think that's much of a limb...

Kentucky plays 4 Top 10 teams in their OOC games:
Kansas
Texas
UNC
@Louisville

Arizona plays:
Gonzaga and Michigan

Duke plays:
MSU
@Wisconsin
UConn

Wisconsin plays:
Duke
@Marquette

Kansas plays:
Kentucky
Florida

I think all of those teams are ranked except Marquette and I don't think that'll be an easy game Wisconsin. Kansas and Duke both play Temple as well which isn't a gimme either.

If those teams are all still ranked in the top 5(ish) in January, they'll all have earned it even if they did pick up a loss or two along the way.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's much of a limb...

Kentucky plays 4 Top 10 teams in their OOC games:
Kansas
Texas
UNC
@Louisville

Arizona plays:
Gonzaga and Michigan

Duke plays:
MSU
@Wisconsin
UConn

Wisconsin plays:
Duke
@Marquette

Kansas plays:
Kentucky
Florida

I think all of those teams are ranked except Marquette and I don't think that'll be an easy game Wisconsin. Kansas and Duke both play Temple as well which isn't a gimme either.

If those teams are all still ranked in the top 5(ish) in January, they'll all have earned it even if they did pick up a loss or two along the way.

:agree:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Michigan is NOT coming into McKale and walking away with a victory, I'm sorry they just don't have the size to contend with Zeus, Brash, RHJ, SJ. Especially early in the season. That is a team that will be drastically better at the end of they year than they will be in December, and we are already very established with lots of upper classmen who will come out hot right out of the gates.

2) Do you remember what we did to Gonzaga in the tourney last year?

We have an easier road to an undefeated OOC than we did the last two years, and that is why I think we will go through unscathed.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't see zona or wisco losing. No way zona loses at home vs michigan and they are far better than zags.

Doubt duke wins at the KOHL and MU is gonna be bad for 1 more year before being really good again. Fischer isn't even eligible for badger game. It will get ugly.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't see zona or wisco losing. No way zona loses at home vs michigan and they are far better than zags.

Doubt duke wins at the KOHL and MU is gonna be bad for 1 more year before being really good again. Fischer isn't even eligible for badger game. It will get ugly.

Agreed. I think the winner of the Duke Wisconsin game (definitely favor wisconsin @ home with a more experienced core group) will be undefeated in the OOC as well. I don't see MSU (sorry H2S) being much of a challenge for Duke early in the season. Feels like they have a lot to figure out early on.