• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches on the hotseat

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A large % of the scouts/GMs say it, so it's not just my opinion.

I would be very interested to see these reports because that really is the complete opposite of anything I have heard from scouts. Most of them were saying stay away from this QB class and hope you can survive another year until next year's group shows up.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very interested to see these reports because that really is the complete opposite of anything I have heard from scouts. Most of them were saying stay away from this QB class and hope you can survive another year until next year's group shows up.
Don't throw factscat him, he'll get confused.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't throw factscat him, he'll get confused.

We need a list on this website of posters who don't respond to anything fact based but just make up their own crap to satisfy their own minds. Would definitely make things easier.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox can't keep losing in Chicago forever. A head coach with nine victories in 32 games should be under close scrutiny. Sides the rebuilding at QB seems two years late. I don't know if a NFC coach has a hotter seat.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BA with the Cards may have to retire because of his health. He is no spring chicken any longer.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good name. Marvin Lewis is another that might have finally reached the end of his time with the Bengals. It might take finally winning in the playoffs to save his job.

Ol' Marv should've been gone a while a go. 7 postseason appearances with a 0-7 postseason record. That's beyond pitiful.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ol' Marv should've been gone a while a go. 7 postseason appearances with a 0-7 postseason record. That's beyond pitiful.
You know what is funny is that if you really wanted to play devil's advocate, you could come up with at least some compelling reasons why the majority of those he probably should have lost anyway.

Palmer shredded his knee against Pitt.
Dalton and Green lead team to playoffs, but are both rookies.
Vs. Indianapolis, I think the top 3 WR's were out, plus a myriad of other injuries to starters
Two years ago, No Dalton (which may have been a good thing, but considering the year he was having who knows).

You figured, at some point you would have at least lucked into a win somewhere along the way (and maybe that was it against Pitt a few years ago until dumbass morons screwed it up by going thug-life on the field).

The bottom line is, though, I think Brown is scared to make a change. The Bengals are winning the regular season under Marvin, and making the playoffs rather regularly since 2010/2011. In his mind, that's good enough. Why roll the dice on someone else who then ends up not getting to the playoffs at all?

I think Marvin did a fantastic job of getting the Bengals on the map, and then again rebuilding after Palmer quit. But, as good as he's been at building teams to compete, I think he doesn't have the coaching fortitude in him to get a team over the hump when the stakes are high. His record in big games, National games, Night games, and of course the playoffs...are all very poor.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That has exactly what I've read for the most part. Even Shanahan didn't like this draft class. Didn't want to use top pick on any of the 2017 top tier QBs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox can't keep losing in Chicago forever. A head coach with nine victories in 32 games should be under close scrutiny. Sides the rebuilding at QB seems two years late. I don't know if a NFC coach has a hotter seat.

Welcome to the Hoop!
Nice job your Astros did on those damn Yankees yesterday!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, we have been talking about QBs in the draft for the past couple of years and even during the 2016 draft, the talk was the 2017 QB draft class did not look good either.

Kaep's still available - probably pretty cheap too......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has exactly what I've read for the most part. Even Shanahan didn't like this draft class. Didn't want to use top pick on any of the 2017 top tier QBs.

I was impressed that the top-2 teams showed patience. Now Shanahan has that luxury with just being hired but Hue might have a bit more pressure to win without having taken a top QB in this draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed that the top-2 teams showed patience. Now Shanahan has that luxury with just being hired but Hue might have a bit more pressure to win without having taken a top QB in this draft.

Yes, and having a QB taken that high and then failing can really set a org back. I wouldn't have minded Trubisky but not in the top ten of the first round.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and having a QB taken that high and then failing can really set a org back. I wouldn't have minded Trubisky but not in the top ten of the first round.

Trubisky was my top rated QB this past year for sure but I'm with you not in the top-10. He is a guy that needs at least a year of just learning the game and getting up to speed. He won't come in and be a Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott in early production.

And you are right that drafting the wrong QB can set a team back maybe 3-5 years if not more. A Team probably needs 3 years for the most part to see if a QB can truly be the man for the future. So if he doesn't pan out then you have to wait another 3 years for the next guy to see if he pans out well you could be 6 years in and still have no clue who your QB is.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is funny is that if you really wanted to play devil's advocate, you could come up with at least some compelling reasons why the majority of those he probably should have lost anyway.

Palmer shredded his knee against Pitt.
Dalton and Green lead team to playoffs, but are both rookies.
Vs. Indianapolis, I think the top 3 WR's were out, plus a myriad of other injuries to starters
Two years ago, No Dalton (which may have been a good thing, but considering the year he was having who knows).

You figured, at some point you would have at least lucked into a win somewhere along the way (and maybe that was it against Pitt a few years ago until dumbass morons screwed it up by going thug-life on the field).

The bottom line is, though, I think Brown is scared to make a change. The Bengals are winning the regular season under Marvin, and making the playoffs rather regularly since 2010/2011. In his mind, that's good enough. Why roll the dice on someone else who then ends up not getting to the playoffs at all?

I think Marvin did a fantastic job of getting the Bengals on the map, and then again rebuilding after Palmer quit. But, as good as he's been at building teams to compete, I think he doesn't have the coaching fortitude in him to get a team over the hump when the stakes are high. His record in big games, National games, Night games, and of course the playoffs...are all very poor.

Sounds like a pretty good assessment. I don't remember them all. but I knew there was some bumps in road during the playoffs that didn't do the Bengals any favors. The year Palmer got hurt I thought they were gonna advance that year and maybe make a little noise. Heh. The Thug-life Game. That's a good name for it. That was it for me as well. One knucklehead incident was bad enough, but they had what? 3 incidents that game. 2 by Burfict(sp) and Pacman picked a terrible time to get in the way-back machine and act like an ass. That was pretty much it for me though. Marvin's got at least one more chance. Lets see what he does with it.