• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers Will Hide Lakers' Banners at Staples Center

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how they will hide only the Lakers but not the LA Kings Banners or even the Sparks...Flippers are a joke, i thought they didn't want any championship banners that is not their's on display in their home games:laugh3:

Banners always need to be on display, what surprises me is how AEG allows this since they own 40% of the Lakers & own & run Staples Center operations :L

Clippers Will Hide Lakers' Banners at Staples Center Home Games | Bleacher Report

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how they will hide only the Lakers but not the LA Kings Banners or even the Sparks...Flippers are a joke, i thought they didn't want any championship banners that is not their's on display in their home games:laugh3:

Banners always need to be on display, what surprises me is how AEG allows this since they own 40% of the Lakers & own & run Staples Center operations :L

Clippers Will Hide Lakers' Banners at Staples Center Home Games | Bleacher Report

I am okay with that - It is after all their forum when they are renting the building, but it is a good reason why two teams shouldn't be allowed to share the same building

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with that - It is after all their forum when they are renting the building, but it is a good reason why two teams shouldn't be allowed to share the same building

I have no problem with the Clippers trying to make their home games feel more “Clipper-ish”. What I do have a problem with are the steps they are taking to do so.

Covering up championship banners is one thing, but covering up retired numbers of Lakers’ legends, including that of the great late Chick Hearn is ridiculous. I don’t even want to start with the fact that the jerseys are covered with a picture of guard Jamal Crawford. :L

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship banners in my eyes are fine. Go ahead and hide them but when you go after retired numbers than no, you have to leave those there because that is highlighting individuals not a team.

I have never been to LA so this question might seem stupid but do they have anywhere else where they could put an arena?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship banners in my eyes are fine. Go ahead and hide them but when you go after retired numbers than no, you have to leave those there because that is highlighting individuals not a team.

I have never been to LA so this question might seem stupid but do they have anywhere else where they could put an arena?

Yea you could but, that section of the Arena is pretty cool the way the Jersey are retired next to the banners & those retired jerseys are like other huge banners also I think moving the Jersey's would be dumb..no what i mean??
dXA8Ayn.jpg

5728222429_56c7a6b711_z.jpg

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see an issue with covering up both the retired numbers and championship banners.

TLF said it right - the Clippers spend money to rent the arena. They have the right to cover up those numbers and banners. If I rent someone's house I'm not going to leave a portrait of their grandma hanging up on the wall.

And again to reiterate what TLF said - that is why it is bad idea to have 2 teams in the same arena.

And the Kings and Sparks banners are different. The Kings are a different sport (hockey) and the Sparks are insignificant. Is the WNBA even still around?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfectly fine IMO. They aren't the lakers and have no obligation to keep the lakers banners on display.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with it, seems needless but if it helps them feel like they're at "home" then cool.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Clips playing elsewhere I always felt like Orange county would've been better for 'em. Kinda like the Angels in MLB...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can always go back to San Diego but I doubt Sterling would do that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Clips playing elsewhere I always felt like Orange county would've been better for 'em. Kinda like the Angels in MLB...

The sad thing about that was that when the Clips were still in the Sports Arena and the Honda Center was new, Orange County practically begged the Clips to make that their permanent home (they were playing about 6 or so games there every season and those games were very well attended (and this was when they still sucked). Sterling apparently has some delusion that he can make L.A. a Clippers town!!:doh:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team hangs championship banners, the other hangs selfies. 'nough said.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a Laker fan would have a problem with this.

It's not even like Staples Center is some kinda nostalgic long-time home for the Lakers. It's only, what, 15 years old?

I wish the Clippers had done this years ago. Should've been a no-brainer at the beginning of the lease.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a Laker fan would have a problem with this.

It's not even like Staples Center is some kinda nostalgic long-time home for the Lakers. It's only, what, 15 years old?

I wish the Clippers had done this years ago. Should've been a no-brainer at the beginning of the lease.

Can't speak for other Lakers fans, but I agree and don't understand why the Clips didn't do this sooner. During Clippers home games, it's their arena and it should look like it's their arena!!

As a Lakers fan, I wouldn't want to look at Clippers banners while watching the Lakers!!

Fortunately, that's not something I have to worry about!!:lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for other Lakers fans, but I agree and don't understand why the Clips didn't do this sooner. During Clippers home games, it's their arena and it should look like it's their arena!!

As a Lakers fan, I wouldn't want to look at Clippers banners while watching the Lakers!!

Fortunately, that's not something I have to worry about!!:lol:

Because now they feel like they actually have a fan base.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
****BREAKING NEWS****

The Los Angeles Clippers announced this morning they will be 'decorating' (Using Clippers' branded cardboard sleeves) on all Los Angeles Lakers' statues outside of Staples Center. According to Phillip Barnett of LakersNation.com, the Clips will cover up all the Lakers' statues for all home games per Doc Rivers. The Clippers will use branded sleeves for all 4 Lakers statues outside the arena (Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson and the Great late Chick Hearn) during their regularly scheduled home games. Both the Wayne Gretzky and Oscar De La Hoya statues will remain intact for all Clippers' home games.
Clippers Will Hide Lakers' Statues outside of Staples Center for Home Games | Bleacher Report

:omg:

You'll get it in a minute, but what's next?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
****BREAKING NEWS****

The Los Angeles Clippers announced this morning they will be 'decorating' (Using Clippers' branded cardboard sleeves) on all Los Angeles Lakers' statues outside of Staples Center. According to Phillip Barnett of LakersNation.com, the Clips will cover up all the Lakers' statues for all home games per Doc Rivers. The Clippers will use branded sleeves for all 4 Lakers statues outside the arena (Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson and the Great late Chick Hearn) during their regularly scheduled home games. Both the Wayne Gretzky and Oscar De La Hoya statues will remain intact for all Clippers' home games.
They don't know what they are talking about they are not from LA this is a Laker town & always has been so they don't understand how we feel about this here in our hometown. Imagine if they also covered those Laker statue's outside during clipper games ? I'm pretty sure these idiot's would say " well it's ok also " :L

This Exaclty what i was saying earlier & look now it's going to happend & these dumb haters are goign to say well thats ok also...fucken pathetic they are not Laker fans & they dont know that this is a spit in our face & disrespect..ok you covered the banners fine but now you covered the retired Jersey's & now statues WTF ?? I'm not ok with this & i don't care what people think this is bullshit levae the statues alone they are not inside the Arena :L

Ive been a Laker fan for over 25 years & this :bullshit: I have memorable pictures that i myself have taken sititng down next to Chick Hearn & Magic Johnson Statues.... yea go ahead & cover Magic, Chick, West & Kareem :L

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because now they feel like they actually have a fan base.

It'll swell once the Lakers have another terrible season or two and the Clippers start to have some more playoff success. I actually fear the day.

"I'm not just a Lakers fan, I'm a fan of Los Angeles..."

I feel like I'm going to puke already.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Exaclty what i was saying earlier & look now it's going to happend & these dumb haters are goign to say well thats ok also...fucken pathetic they are not Laker fans & they dont know that this is a spit in our face & disrespect..ok you covered the banners fine but now you covered the retired Jersey's & now statues WTF ?? I'm not ok with this & i don't care what people think this is bullshit levae the statues alone they are not inside the Arena :L

Ive been a Laker fan for over 25 years & this :bullshit: I have memorable pictures that i myself have taken sititng down next to Chick Hearn & Magic Johnson Statues.... yea go ahead & cover Magic, Chick, West & Kareem :L

Lakers don't own Staples. Never have. Get over it. Just sit on your pile of Championships and be happy.

Let us wee Clippers lovers have a place to call our own for a few nights out of the year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to mislead you LALB I made it all up to make a point.

You know exaggerate the emphasis!

If you had clicked on the link you would have seen that.

Again sorry about that, but again I ask, what's next and where do they draw the line?