• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Clipper Vs Lakers Season Opener Tue, Oct 29

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farmar took it to CP3 tonight, I honestly wasn't sure what to expect from Farmar but he's clearly not the same guy, he's much improved.
He's the same guy to me!! Just more experienced and seasoned. As a Bruins fan, I've watched A LOT of his games in college and was thrilled when he became a Laker and just as pissed when we basically traded, salary wise for Blake. Neither of those two were suited IMO for the triangle however Farmar had a lot more upside with his hustle and court awareness plus he is a true point guard where Blake is more of a spot up shooter who can handle the ball.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERS bench took it to the team picked to go to the finals! hahaha. LAKERS are deep and play hard. Got to work on the free throws. LAKERS will wear out a lot of teams by having a deep bench and hustle. LAKERS can play small ball or half court. This LAKERS team will be a nightmare for a lot of teams. If you got heart like this team play loose anything can happen. Like I said earlier this LAKERS team has a lot of talent. Saw that in the preseason.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on VitaMike. Farmar has really polished his game and he plays great defense too. He is able to handle the PG duties and run the O and I like his shot selection and finding the open shooter. The ball movement is appropriate and he is great at leading the break with great speed and passing. Even Stevie Blake surprised me with his 3 land shooting going 2/2 like he has been in a some sort of zone dating back to the last wo preseason games. I like what I saw in both players. We will see if they can keep it going because they get Golden State tomorrow night with their first back-to-back of the season.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am speechless at how well our bench played in the second half, specifically the fourth quarter. It is funny as a bunch of trolls were telling me on facebook the Lakers had no shot of winning. We have gotten younger and a good bench now that teams cant sleep on. THe biggest thing to me from tonight is our starters will be rested for the Warriors game. Before I heard Nash wont play on back to backs, but since he didnt play too much will he be available tomorrow?

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win Laker brothers. ...

Henry is the man....
I'm liking this guy more everytime I see him play.:suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree sublime4eva. I liked him in the preseason and he is continuing his great play. If these guys keep it up, Kobe is going to have to adjust his play to "fit" in because they are all playing with great cohesiveness and team chemistry. I love what I saw on the face of Doc Rivers face last night. That look of total dismay and shock. That's right, shut that Celtic piehole you freakin' blowhard!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was fun! I love the energy and togetherness of this team. This team isn't top-heavy with talent, but it looks pretty deep. It's been awhile since the Lakers have had a bench that can significantly produce. Xavier just kept things going from the preseason. If he can continue to knock down jumpers, he'll be a tough guard with his ability to get to the rim. Hill continues to own the boards like he was doing last year (his per 36 minutes RPGs are excellent). Farmar is a much more controlled player than previously. He has a great grasp of the offense already, and it suits him. Wesley's shot will come. He kept playing hard even though he wasn't shooting well and knocked down a big 3-pointer in that fourth quarter run.

Lots of good stuff last night. Let's see if they can continue this up in Oakland!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sweet, indeed Silas!! After the game Monday night, this was a nice elixir!!

I know this is a Lakers Board, but I'm still pissed about the Rams game.

Lakers gave us all something to smile about, though!! Let's hope the Lakers bring the same energy again tonight against the Warriors.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a Lakers Board, but I'm still pissed about the Rams game.

Lakers gave us all something to smile about, though!! Let's hope the Lakers bring the same energy again tonight against the Warriors.

Me too! Silas...I'm still ticked about the Rams game too but I'm looking forward to seeing the Lake Show again tonight. What a bunch of hustlers the Lakers have on their bench. Fun Basketball for sure! Go Lakers! and Go Rams :hope: