• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cleveland Browns @ Seattle Seahawks

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game! I do have one request for the people on this board... can we knock off the "Sky is falling!" posts in the first quarter of games? That may not have been the intent behind those posts on page 2, but that's how it came across. It wasn't an ideal start on defense, obviously, but they were never in any real danger of losing to Cleveland. They had too much on the line today to overlook them. Giving up a touchdown to the Browns in the beginning of the 1st quarter was not a sign, to me, that the Seahawks are going to exit the playoffs early. Neither is the fact that we struggled against great quarterbacks early in the season.

This isn't the same defense that suffocated opposing offenses in years past, but it's also not the same defense that blew a handful of 4th quarter leads early in the season. They also have an offense now that, should the defense falter, won't let the team fall too far behind. The Seahawks are rolling right now and there's no reason to expect that to stop anytime soon.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game! I do have one request for the people on this board... can we knock off the "Sky is falling!" posts in the first quarter of games? That may not have been the intent behind those posts on page 2, but that's how it came across. It wasn't an ideal start on defense, obviously, but they were never in any real danger of losing to Cleveland. They had too much on the line today to overlook them. Giving up a touchdown to the Browns in the beginning of the 1st quarter was not a sign, to me, that the Seahawks are going to exit the playoffs early. Neither is the fact that we struggled against great quarterbacks early in the season.

This isn't the same defense that suffocated opposing offenses in years past, but it's also not the same defense that blew a handful of 4th quarter leads early in the season. They also have an offense now that, should the defense falter, won't let the team fall too far behind. The Seahawks are rolling right now and there's no reason to expect that to stop anytime soon.
That would be great, but I doubt it can happen. That is why I avoid hanging with my laptop during the game. Way too much negative BS for me.
Many forget the other team gets paid too. There are pros on the other team who try to score or try to prevent us from scoring. Many fans do not recognize that.
They do not subscribe to Pete and his way of doing things. Many don't value the run game, the OL coach, and the OC. They cannot see the bigger picture.
I really get tired of it, but it wont change.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Steve Harvey is never going to live that down.

He did some good w/ his error... At least 2 ladies were able to know what it feels like to be crowned Miss Universe... :D

On a serious note, I like Harvey a lot... Sad to see it happen to a guy like him...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even our D from the last two years gave up TD here and there, it happens. Holding an NFL team to 13pts is still impressive anyway you look at it. I have confidence this team can go on the road in the playoffs and win.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm totally with you, but overreaction is what sports fans do. Combine that with the unrealistic expectations that have been built up by our fanbase, and it's dire when any team does anything good and it must be communicated as an emergency right away on the internet as it happens. That's why I'm another guy who doesn't spend time in here during games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally with you, but overreaction is what sports fans do. Combine that with the unrealistic expectations that have been built up by our fanbase, and it's dire when any team does anything good and it must be communicated as an emergency right away on the internet as it happens. That's why I'm another guy who doesn't spend time in here during games.
Yup the over reaction in game threads are painfull. I got to keep a eye on them as a mod, but dang it's tough. All it takes is a good drive by the other team, or a big mistake, or any bad news to open the flood gates to the sky is falling group.
That's sports fan for you, you got to expect it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chicken little crowd is lame af.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we've become spoiled as a fanbase if giving up one touchdown early in the first quarter, regardless of which team scored that touchdown, is causing people to freak out like that. I know that sports fans, by definition, are passionate about their teams, but I think it's possible to be passionate without saying some of the things I saw on page 2 of this thread. I know I sound like the board's mother when I say stuff like this, but I'm living proof that you can be a passionate sports fan and not go apeshit every time something doesn't go exactly how I'd like it to go with my favorite teams. It doesn't need to happen. We have it so much better than so many fanbases right now. Let's try to keep that in mind.