• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clemson had to go and Clemson

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State went undefeated that year though, when I think of Clemsoning, it would be like losing to an NC State or a team along those lines. Florida State Clemsoned last season when they played Georgia Tech.
This is more like it. I think this whole shit started the year we beat Miami and then lost to Duke the next week. Then it seemed to happen every year. We'd come out and beat good teams and then lose to Wake Forrest or some stupid shit.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Posted one of the them on page 2 of this thread.

ah, yes yes yes. Can't remember ever posting with him, not sure what brought that on. Oh well, no fucks given :)

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the term "Clemsoning" is the most over-used term on CFB boards, because a lot of the time, the person using the term doesn't even know what it means.

Clemsoning only become a thing when Bowden was the coach. Problem with that, is that Clemson just wasn't that good under Bowden.

In the ten year period he was there, they would only finish in the Top 25 four times. They only finished ranked in the Top 20 once in that ten year period.

Sure, they would lose to "inferior" opponents, but that is what most teams that end up with 4-6 losses each year typically do, especially if you play in the ACC. Clemson finished with at least five losses on six different
occasions during Bowden's ten year tenure.

They made a good hire in Swinney and since 2012, the losses to bad teams have stopped. I would argue that 2011 is the only year that Clemsoning truly occured, since they were ACC Champions that year, but still lost to 8-5 NC State and 8-5 Georgia Tech. The game against State wasn't even close, either. Since then, zero losses against inferior teams.

Also, the misspelling of the word "Forest" will always crack me up.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake tried too hard. A meltdown can't be forced. The reaction by Hammer and Ford and other posters were the most entertaining part.
Indeed. Another post I particularly enjoyed in that one:
Screenshot_2016-08-26-20-47-28.png
:lol: