• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Cin at SF Sunday 4:25pm est

Who Dey?

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kiss the sister

• SF by 7 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I love the development of Iosivas

defense will get purdy eventually.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting to think irv smith junior is a backup at best.
I've seen enough. It would be nice to get Tanner Hudson back out there if they aren't trading for a real upgrade this week.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game! Mixon looked really good. The offensive line did an excellent job against that front 7. Joe looks like Joe again.

I just wish he had say out a couple weeks to start the season to get fully healthy, let the Monday night game have been his first night back. But hindsight is 20/20. We just have to dig ourselves out of a hole in a very competitive division. 4-3 and still in last place. Buffalo/Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Jacksonville.

Let the gauntlet begin.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen enough. It would be nice to get Tanner Hudson back out there if they aren't trading for a real upgrade this week.
Yeah. I really like the way Tanner Hudson looks and plays. He reminds me of Hayden Hurst. Not saying he has earned that status yet, just the way he plays and the fire he brings to the field. Cheap alternative too.

On a side note, Taylor and Callahan with a healthy Burrow made that offense look dynamic. A lot of motion, hiding Chase and moving him around the field, lining up under center and running the ball, and the oline was real impressed with.

We are not going to trade for anybody. We will not pay the price both in draft picks and salary. Otherwise, if we did, getting someone off the Redskins defensive line would be nice. Allen is real unhappy in Washington. Seeing Burrow and Young on the same team together with Hubbard their buddy would be a nice dynamic for a half year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We just have to dig ourselves out of a hole in a very competitive division. 4-3 and still in last place. Buffalo/Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Jacksonville.

Let the gauntlet begin.

What's crazy is they're last in the division but also very much in the running for the 1 seed

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is they're last in the division but also very much in the running for the 1 seed
1.5 games back, but they have 4 wins, all against the NFC, so they are 0-3 in the AFC and 0-2 in the division. So of that #1 seed, we are actually the worst team out of every team in the AFC that is 4-3 or better.

Dolphins
Bills
Jets
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Kansas City

Every one of those teams hold the conference/division tiebreakers with us. We may be in the running, but t he only thing t hat is going to matter is winning because we are way down on the totem pole.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10 personnel looked good with Mixon running. They also did a ton of PA off that as well, and I think that opened up the run game from under the center.

Mixon looked like he was very decisive in hitting the hole....which has been a major complaint of mine. He also made a few guys miss, and I liked that he looked to "bully" the defender when he knew he wasn't going to get a chance to get around them. I thought he turned the clock back about 2 years, yesterday. If that keeps up...this offense will look a lot more like it did yesterday...very, very hard to stop.

With Brown out 4 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't try and kick the tires on another RB...but the Bengals won't be trading for anyone that cost draft picks...not their MO.

That being said...I would look to upgrade the pass-rush. They need another guy to rotate in, or slide around with Hendrickson and Hubbard.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10 personnel looked good with Mixon running. They also did a ton of PA off that as well, and I think that opened up the run game from under the center.

Mixon looked like he was very decisive in hitting the hole....which has been a major complaint of mine. He also made a few guys miss, and I liked that he looked to "bully" the defender when he knew he wasn't going to get a chance to get around them. I thought he turned the clock back about 2 years, yesterday. If that keeps up...this offense will look a lot more like it did yesterday...very, very hard to stop.

With Brown out 4 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't try and kick the tires on another RB...but the Bengals won't be trading for anyone that cost draft picks...not their MO.

That being said...I would look to upgrade the pass-rush. They need another guy to rotate in, or slide around with Hendrickson and Hubbard.
I agree. If Hendrickson goes down, our pass rush drops in half.

I think Sweat, Young would be great as a rental. However, Jonathan Allen may be our DJ Reader replacement for a couple more years on an affordable contract. Have three guys like that in the middle if we have to face the Eagles and their tush push in the SB, and even if we didn't make it that far, how deadly would that be in goalline situations?

DE Hendrickson
DT Reader
DT Allen
DT BJ Hill
DE Hubbard

If anything, it would be a great rotational group keeping everyone fresh throughout games.

Allen is very unhappy in Washington, he would be on a good defense, a rotational piece to keep guys fresh, a playoff contender, affordable contract for a player of his caliber, and we would have him for 2 more years beyond this one, so he would not be a rental.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If Hendrickson goes down, our pass rush drops in half.

I think Sweat, Young would be great as a rental. However, Jonathan Allen may be our DJ Reader replacement for a couple more years on an affordable contract. Have three guys like that in the middle if we have to face the Eagles and their tush push in the SB, and even if we didn't make it that far, how deadly would that be in goalline situations?

DE Hendrickson
DT Reader
DT Allen
DT BJ Hill
DE Hubbard

If anything, it would be a great rotational group keeping everyone fresh throughout games.

Allen is very unhappy in Washington, he would be on a good defense, a rotational piece to keep guys fresh, a playoff contender, affordable contract for a player of his caliber, and we would have him for 2 more years beyond this one, so he would not be a rental.
Any of them would be great, but would cost far too much in draft capital. Not the Bengals MO to trade away draft picks. The most you usually see is a swap of picks...

One other thought - I do think Lou can biltz a bit more...he did early on...didn't see it a ton yesterday, but the DB's tend to struggle more with zone than they do man. I think CBT and Turner are really good man cover guys...let the safeties play some zone in that mix if you need some extra space taken up...but I think there's still some room for guys to bring a bit more pressure at times. The reliance on a 4man rush to get pressure doesn't work as well inbetween the 20's because even with 7 guys in coverage...unless there is real pressure early on...the QB (the good ones) can find the spots.

And despite his recent stretch...Purdy is a good QB.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bengal fans needed that.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1.5 games back, but they have 4 wins, all against the NFC, so they are 0-3 in the AFC and 0-2 in the division. So of that #1 seed, we are actually the worst team out of every team in the AFC that is 4-3 or better.

Dolphins
Bills
Jets
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Kansas City

Every one of those teams hold the conference/division tiebreakers with us. We may be in the running, but t he only thing t hat is going to matter is winning because we are way down on the totem pole.

To put it into perspective they still play Bills, Jags and Chiefs and can get the direct tie breaker over them with them with a win.
It's really strange for a last place team halfway through the season to still feel as though they control their destiny with playoff seeding.

They have to win their games but that's usually a given

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 week stretch of games that will define the season...starting off with a win is a big one! Not to mention on the road!

Getting the next 2 at home is big...get 2 more wins, and not only is that a 5 game win streak, and 6 of 7, but it puts them in prime position headed into a 2 game swing @ Ravens and back home vs Steelers.

Really needed this win...for a lot of reasons...but coming off the bye, and facing a banged up team...have to take advantage...and they did.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals just need to keep showing up and doing their job.

can't worry about whether the Ravens and Browns will implode at some point. they do what they do. yea, the Browns usually do implode. The Ravens belong in the playoffs. The Steelers need to improve their roster and develop their talent, can't believe they go far in the playoffs, maybe though.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put it into perspective they still play Bills, Jags and Chiefs and can get the direct tie breaker over them with them with a win.
It's really strange for a last place team halfway through the season to still feel as though they control their destiny with playoff seeding.

They have to win their games but that's usually a given
Yeah, I don't think the standings mean all that much right now. Most teams still have 10 games to play. The big thing to me is that the Bengals are starting to look like the team that everyone had in their preseason top 5 teams. And, knock on wood, they are relatively healthy and rounding into form. Assuming they continue this upward trajectory, they definitely have the juice to compete for the division and a high seed. Obviously things change in this league.... Injuries being the most important factor. But, I'm feeling a lot better than I was 2 or 3 weeks ago.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another pass rusher and a TE please. mike brown ? I know he is frugal. He wants his SB on the cheap

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another pass rusher and a TE please. mike brown ? I know he is frugal. He wants his SB on the cheap
Mike Brown hasn't been in charge in several years....and the "cheap" thing is simply not true, and hasn't been true in some time.

The Bengals are not going to trade high round picks to land impact guys...and I, for one, actually agree with this. They've done very well in the draft, and with other contracts coming due as well... you can't pay everyone, which means you have to find replacements (cheap ones) in the draft and hit there. Trading away draft capital isn't advisable...

Now, that doesn't mean they shouldn't look for some fits...I've said for a few weeks now, I'd look to Gesicki in NE who is on a 1 year deal, and wouldn't likely cost more than a late round swap, or one of the extra late round picks they do have n the 5th/6th.

But if people thing they are landing Chase Young, then I've got some swamp land to sell ya...

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yea,

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bengals aren't as cheap as they used to be, but they do not like overspending. on the other hand, we do employ the leagues highest paid player.