• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Peterson stepping down as UW coach after bowl game. Jimmy Lake named new HC.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have an announcement of a coach stepping down with another one already in it naming not an interim, but full fledged promotion and terms of a deal without all of that being worked out for quite a while behind the scenes. I doubt it goes back the full two years Lake has been DC. But I'm sure it will come out that it was at least several weeks if not a few months in the coming.
For sure. Obviously this decision wasn’t made a year ago, but I’d bet Lake had a good idea it wasn’t far off, and he was gonna be the guy, well before anything was talked about.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate him as much as the next guy, but giving him credit for Peters is a bit of a stretch, and I doubt he’d want to take credit for his development.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Obviously this decision wasn’t made a year ago, but I’d bet Lake had a good idea it wasn’t far off, and he was gonna be the guy, well before anything was talked about.
Caple and others have been saying they were stunned by the timing, but entirely not surprised it happened. Most had thought he had at most 3-5 more years before retiring because of how burned out he was on the changing landscape and just all the off the field crap that comes with coaching.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caple and others have been saying they were stunned by the timing, but entirely not surprised it happened. Most had thought he had at most 3-5 more years before retiring because of how burned out he was on the changing landscape and just all the off the field crap that comes with coaching.
Yeah, and he knew they weren’t paying him more than 1 million/year and bending over backwards to keep him around to just let him walk, at least without serious consideration, when the time came.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Softy, Petersen dropped this on the school Saturday.
Be all like 'Leach has made this so boring. Peace out'.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is about the best coach Alabama can hope for.
Dabo is about the best coach Clemson can hope for.
Petersen was the best coach UW could hope for.
Frost was the best coach UCF could hope for.

Having each of those 4 statements doesn't mean they are equivalent in terms of coaching ability or accomplishments. It is relative to each school.

tell me about it... we've shaw :L

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Lake is going to hire Mike Leach as his OC.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is about the best coach Alabama can hope for.
Dabo is about the best coach Clemson can hope for.
Petersen was the best coach UW could hope for.
Frost was the best coach UCF could hope for.

Having each of those 4 statements doesn't mean they are equivalent in terms of coaching ability or accomplishments. It is relative to each school.
And Chip was the best coach Oregon could hope for.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huron-Boats-05072018-a-jpg.jpg
Holy shit that was funny!!!!

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer sighting here in Seattle!!!

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he's going to USC?

I say that because we are being prepared to announce our new Coach. They've actually already set
up the stage at the Champions Club. It has been very hush-hush down here.

The 4 names mentioned as the strongest candidates to be hired are...James Franklin (Penn St),
Matt Campbell (Iowa State) Mike Norvell (Memphis) and Brian Kelly (Notre Dame).

I mention Peterson to USC...(Helton still hasn't been fired yet) because Franklin would be a leading
candidate out there and Campbell would move to Penn State. They will not wait forever and with
USC not acting yet, that is to our benefit. I guess we'll find out tomorrow or Wednesday.

btw...Taggart is a leading choice to replace Strong at USF. (That lowers our buyout

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he's going to USC?

I say that because we are being prepared to announce our new Coach. They've actually already set
up the stage at the Champions Club. It has been very hush-hush down here.

The 4 names mentioned as the strongest candidates to be hired are...James Franklin (Penn St),
Matt Campbell (Iowa State) Mike Norvell (Memphis) and Brian Kelly (Notre Dame).

I mention Peterson to USC...(Helton still hasn't been fired yet) because Franklin would be a leading
candidate out there and Campbell would move to Penn State. They will not wait forever and with
USC not acting yet, that is to our benefit. I guess we'll find out tomorrow or Wednesday.

btw...Taggart is a leading choice to replace Strong at USF. (That lowers our buyout
I don't see that happening. SC is a pressure cooker like no other. You either win the conference year in and year out or the boosters, press and fans are riding your ass non stop not to mention Petersen's OKG thing would never work at SC. Petersen and USC would go together like oil & water.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean no more shitty, repetitive threads by AG?
Silly rabbit....of coarse not. Just like OD, he will eventually hitch his trailer to whoever is wearing the head purple shirt.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly rabbit....of coarse not. Just like OD, he will eventually hitch his trailer to whoever is wearing the head purple shirt.
Good to see that you're replying to handi .. one of the biggest pos on this site.