• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Peterson stepping down as UW coach after bowl game. Jimmy Lake named new HC.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he's going to USC?

I say that because we are being prepared to announce our new Coach. They've actually already set
up the stage at the Champions Club. It has been very hush-hush down here.

The 4 names mentioned as the strongest candidates to be hired are...James Franklin (Penn St),
Matt Campbell (Iowa State) Mike Norvell (Memphis) and Brian Kelly (Notre Dame).

I mention Peterson to USC...(Helton still hasn't been fired yet) because Franklin would be a leading
candidate out there and Campbell would move to Penn State. They will not wait forever and with
USC not acting yet, that is to our benefit. I guess we'll find out tomorrow or Wednesday.

btw...Taggart is a leading choice to replace Strong at USF. (That lowers our buyout
I may have my head in the sand, but I just don't see Campbell to Florida State at all. Odd fit to say the least and goes against what he seems to be. Also, there is literally 0 mention of this in Des Moines or Iowa. No rumors. No nothing. I think it is a smoke screen or wishful thinking at best. Time will tell. Good luck to FSU in their search!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It aint easy coaching at Washington. Constantly in Oregon's shadows and having the pressure of having to beat Oregon is a drain and insurmountable expectations.
This made all the time I spent reading this thread worth while. So beautifully written.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Peterson to USC
Chris Peterson to FSU
Chris Peterson to Boston College
Chris Peterson to Arkansas

am I doing that right?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Peterson to USC
Chris Peterson to FSU
Chris Peterson to Boston College
Chris Peterson to Arkansas

am I doing that right?

Well, if you spelled his name right that'd be a step in the right direction.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how oregon fans bring up all the time how 0regon has owned Washington, yet they are cheering as the coach responsible for losing to 0regon has stepped down, so now there is uncertainty where as before yall had a good thing going.

Contradictory emotions in this thread
Actually, it was Petersen that finally snapped the 12 game win streak. And he was 2-0 vs UO at Boise.

He has the best record as a UW coach vs Oregon at 2-4 in recent history.

We like the Coach Sark (0-5) and Coach Ty (0-4) types much better. And of course @OregonDucks favorite UW Coach, Coach Owen, (0-12)

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
head-coach-tyrone-willingham-of-the-washington-huskies-looks-on-the-picture-id55313444

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Petersens biggest win at UW? I just saw he was 1-6 in Bowl games there with that win being 5 seasons ago

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Petersens biggest win at UW? I just saw he was 1-6 in Bowl games there with that win being 5 seasons ago
The conference championship games were pretty big. 2-0 in those.

Obviously ‘never brought home the big time bowl win’ is gonna be the biggest ding on his legacy. But it won’t define it to anyone who’s not a douche.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett wanted that job...

upload_2019-12-3_12-51-25.jpeg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference championship games were pretty big. 2-0 in those.

Obviously ‘never brought home the big time bowl win’ is gonna be the biggest ding on his legacy. But it won’t define it to anyone who’s not a douche.

His legacy is still the same and good (good guy, great coach) but this abrupt decision does make it feel like he left with unfinished business.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have my head in the sand, but I just don't see Campbell to Florida State at all. Odd fit to say the least and goes against what he seems to be. Also, there is literally 0 mention of this in Des Moines or Iowa. No rumors. No nothing. I think it is a smoke screen or wishful thinking at best. Time will tell. Good luck to FSU in their search!

He's done a good job at Iowa State, but I kinda think that Rhule at Baylor and Kleiman at Kansas State
have passed him by. Kleiman was made for the K-State job...the type of players they get are very similar
to what NDSt gets...(Socially speaking).

Rhule is just a good coach. He's got a future ahead of him. I've never read anything or heard about us going
after him. Maybe we did and it was all private.

I saw that Campbell signed an extension today, so he's out of the mix.

I also had a hope that maybe Peterson was leaving for us. (Wouldn't be a good fit, though). Then I read
that Peterson stepped down because of stress, anxiety and frustration. If that is true he certainly
couldn't coach at FSU. He'd drop dead on the field somewhere in the middle of the third quarter of
the Spring Game.

I'm starting to believe they we are down to 2 picks. Mike Norvell of Memphis and Odell. If we can't get
who we want, I'd prefer Odell. He knows what we need. He played for Bobby and Mickey Andrews
and was a long time assistant for both, and he was retained by Fisher and Taggart (although neither
had a choice). He'd do okay in the interim. Then if we found someone we liked...make Odell an Assist
AD with a lifetime contract and move on from there.

It doesn't bother me that he has defended the players lately, because he knows nothing was expected
from the players during the off-season the past two years. He'll work the shit out of those players
in the Spring. His defensive linemen are the only folks we have on the field that look and play like
College football players. He's a great recruiter also.

We'll know no later than Sunday.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took UW to a bowl game in each of his six seasons, won two Pac-12 championships, reached the College Football Playoff in 2016 and had made three straight New Year’s Six bowl games heading into this season.

Wish he could of stuck with it a few more years, but I'd still put him up on the Mt. Rushmore of Washington head coaches.

Classy guy who represented the program so well, and leaves it in a way better place then when he arrived.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hated to see him go, but was such a class act that really no one held it against him. Boise metro ain't Seattle huge, but you guys gained a lot of fans that didn't care a bit about UofW from down here when he arrived.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done a good job at Iowa State, but I kinda think that Rhule at Baylor and Kleiman at Kansas State
have passed him by. Kleiman was made for the K-State job...the type of players they get are very similar
to what NDSt gets...(Socially speaking).

Rhule is just a good coach. He's got a future ahead of him. I've never read anything or heard about us going
after him. Maybe we did and it was all private.

I saw that Campbell signed an extension today, so he's out of the mix.

I also had a hope that maybe Peterson was leaving for us. (Wouldn't be a good fit, though). Then I read
that Peterson stepped down because of stress, anxiety and frustration. If that is true he certainly
couldn't coach at FSU. He'd drop dead on the field somewhere in the middle of the third quarter of
the Spring Game.

I'm starting to believe they we are down to 2 picks. Mike Norvell of Memphis and Odell. If we can't get
who we want, I'd prefer Odell. He knows what we need. He played for Bobby and Mickey Andrews
and was a long time assistant for both, and he was retained by Fisher and Taggart (although neither
had a choice). He'd do okay in the interim. Then if we found someone we liked...make Odell an Assist
AD with a lifetime contract and move on from there.

It doesn't bother me that he has defended the players lately, because he knows nothing was expected
from the players during the off-season the past two years. He'll work the shit out of those players
in the Spring. His defensive linemen are the only folks we have on the field that look and play like
College football players. He's a great recruiter also.

We'll know no later than Sunday.
The Big Xii has good coaches all over the place! Not a matter of being passed or not, but Iowa State did lose @ Baylor and @ K-State this year. Happens. Either way, I wasn't worried about Campbell leaving and find it amusing that people throw his name out there without knowing how he rolls. It was not a concern here, and I am glad that he was extended. Well deserved. BTW, Next year, ISU is placed to kick that Big Xii Barn Door Down with Purdy, Hall, Kolar and Co. leading the way!