• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Petersen to Washington...

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a call from a friend in Boise, who is also a long time Boise State booster. He said he's really concerned this time. He said other boosters are saying Petersen is gone.

Also, several credible press (Seattle Times and Mountain West Connection) releases within the last hour confirm Petersen is a top candidate for the job.

Yikes!!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man. Boise State I have always liked because you guys are like a Modern day Arizona State back in the 58-73 until we moved into the PAC. Boise State always the underdog that wins there BCS bowl games. Just don't make a bad hire post Kush era at Asu we made the wrong hire and it took us until the 80s to get back on track.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen was my top candidate after Mora. I believe Petersen has better coaching abilities but wanted Mora due to his connections to Seattle. I would be extremely excited if Petersen was the hire and hope you are right.

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article I just read on the Times website, They're talking to Peterson, but the pay wouldn't be much higher. Nussmeier is my guess.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please correct me if I'm wrong....at this point the only two power five conference head coach openings are Washington and Wake Forest, correct??

After this weekend, I realize there might be some more available jobs, but as of now, are those the only two openings?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article I just read on the Times website, They're talking to Peterson, but the pay wouldn't be much higher. Nussmeier is my guess.

I hope it is Petersen.

Sark was scheduled to make $2.85m in 2015. UW could easily offer Petersen $3m a year. Plus I believe UW coaches get a $10-$15k per month housing allowance which is not part of their salary. Not sure if Boise State has the same perk.

Also with Wilcox going to USC, his very large salary will come off the books. I'm not sure the exact details but I know Wilcox was one of the higher paid D-Co's in the NCAA. Which frees up more money for Petersen.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man. Boise State I have always liked because you guys are like a Modern day Arizona State back in the 58-73 until we moved into the PAC. Boise State always the underdog that wins there BCS bowl games. Just don't make a bad hire post Kush era at Asu we made the wrong hire and it took us until the 80s to get back on track.

Thanks Bro. :suds:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. Another new system for UDud. It'll take them 4 years to do anything and by the third they'll be calling for 7 win Petersen's head

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. Another new system for UDud. It'll take them 4 years to do anything and by the third they'll be calling for 7 win Petersen's head
Come on its just sad....... but maybe hes a great coach only thing he has to prove to me if this does go through is how he recruits great hire for UW if it goes through, and would give the Pac some of the greatest coaches in the nation.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it is Petersen.

Sark was scheduled to make $2.85m in 2015. UW could easily offer Petersen $3m a year. Plus I believe UW coaches get a $10-$15k per month housing allowance which is not part of their salary. Not sure if Boise State has the same perk.

Also with Wilcox going to USC, his very large salary will come off the books. I'm not sure the exact details but I know Wilcox was one of the higher paid D-Co's in the NCAA. Which frees up more money for Petersen.
From just a coaching perspective this is an upgrade from Sark. All I gotta see is how he recruits at a big time school will take sometime has to build relationships etc, but great hire for the Pac.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Petersen also a top "candidate" for Cal (actually said it was his dream job), UCLA, and USC. I bet Uncle Phil phoned him as well when Kelly was show caused to the NFL to make an offer.

I'm not going to believe it till an official press announcement. Petersen is always a candidate and willing to answer the phone. Doesn't mean he's going anywhere. Although UW is geographically the closet big program to Boise and his son's cancer treatment doctor.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Petersen also a top "candidate" for Cal (actually said it was his dream job), UCLA, and USC. I bet Uncle Phil phoned him as well when Kelly was show caused to the NFL to make an offer.

I'm not going to believe it till an official press announcement. Petersen is always a candidate and willing to answer the phone. Doesn't mean he's going anywhere. Although UW is geographically the closet big program to Boise and his son's cancer treatment doctor.

Unfortunately you're probably right.

Apparently a recent Boise State commitment, Will Dissly said Petersen told him he was not going anywhere.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Petersen is at a point in his life where taking the UW job finally makes sense.......... but idk hes always been scared to jump but he has enough money by now and a reason to coach at UW with his sons cancer......... Time to take a chance for a dream job......... UW fans wanna legend Petersen sign with them.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His family has grown up and moved out yet? He would go to UW then to stay close with his son and be close for his treatment, does he have any history with UW at all? I still see Pinkel going to UW if this doesnt go through his history with you guys its like he might have passion and pride for UW especially since Don James passed this year dream job for him in my opinion.

Still none of them are better than Graham!

Last edited by a moderator:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a great hire if Washington can get him. Even if Boise loses him I'm sure they can snag a solid coach.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks will drop a load in their diapers if he does come here. The scars have never healed from what Peterson did to them twice.