• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Davis suspended for amphetamine use

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 'forgot' nothing. You're the only one that brought up steroids because you didn't know about Miggy getting busted for the same thing Davis did, last season -- which I provided a link for you to read, by the way -- and assumed you had a point. What Miggy did, years ago, just proves he has a history of being a liar and user -- which I already said. We're talking about Adderall, not steroids. Stay on topic.

My point was he ain't in the same 'realm' as Tejada. Tejada cheated multiple times with multiple substances. This is the first time Davis has ever been implicated for anything...

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was he ain't in the same 'realm' as Tejada. Tejada cheated multiple times with multiple substances. This is the first time Davis has ever been implicated for anything...

Oy vey! When I said:

"He can recover from this, but it will be hard. The main insult is that he would still be doing it if he wasn't caught -- which makes him untrustworthy and a liar in the realm of Miguel Tejada."

I meant that he isn't someone that can be trusted. Just because Davis was never busted for PED use, that doesn't mean he hasn't used them before. Getting caught is the key to knowing these things. It's really that simple.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oy vey! When I said:

"He can recover from this, but it will be hard. The main insult is that he would still be doing it if he wasn't caught -- which makes him untrustworthy and a liar in the realm of Miguel Tejada."

I meant that he isn't someone that can be trusted. Just because Davis was never busted for PED use, that doesn't mean he hasn't used them before. Getting caught is the key to knowing these things. It's really that simple.

And that goes back to my point that there is a HUGE difference between Adderall and steroids/HGH. That's like comparing sniffing glue with heroin.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know if Davis really has 'ADHD' or just said he did to get a prescription. Many players have the same doctor's-note permission to use Adderall. It's a drug that improves clarity, plain and simple. No one compared it to 'roids', except a poster that knew nothing of Tejada getting suspended for the exact same thing as Davis.

So, you might want to reserve judgement on what others might 'know' and 'don't know'.

How about you look at a post on page two.... from Ken Rosenthal (sp)

and on miggy he had a long line of lies..... 2008 he was found to be 2 years older than he said he was, 2009 he admitted to using roids and sentenced to 1 years probation after facing 1 year in prison for lying under oath, in 2013 he failed 2 drug tests. Miggys 105 game suspension was based on a repeat offender. Miggy was also on the DL with a calf injury when he was suspended and was not going to play the final 41 games of the 2013 season and as far as i remember he did not serve the other 64 games this season.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think he also cost raffy his hof spot . :lol:

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oy vey! When I said:

Davis was the most tested player in MLB in 2013 as reported by espn months ago

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you look at a post on page two.... from Ken Rosenthal (sp)

and on miggy he had a long line of lies..... 2008 he was found to be 2 years older than he said he was, 2009 he admitted to using roids and sentenced to 1 years probation after facing 1 year in prison for lying under oath, in 2013 he failed 2 drug tests. Miggys 105 game suspension was based on a repeat offender. Miggy was also on the DL with a calf injury when he was suspended and was not going to play the final 41 games of the 2013 season and as far as i remember he did not serve the other 64 games this season.

I don't need to 'look' at shit. I'm not the one talking about steroid use. I know all about Miggy -- and many other players. Miggy -- a known liar and user -- was busted for Adderall use. I brought it up. End of story.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be gone troll, guarantee you something will come out on Cabrera at some point
What is funny to me is I saw a Yankee fan blasting Davis on Facebook and talking about kicking him out of baseball.............

Oh the irony !!!!!!!!!!!!

:gaah::faint:

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to 'look' at shit. I'm not the one talking about steroid use. I know all about Miggy -- and many other players. Miggy -- a known liar and user -- was busted for Adderall use. I brought it up. End of story.

you were trying to compare apples to pineapples..... Close but not close enough, you were shown the differences and then went onto a different tangent in order to keep arguing your comparison. Miggy's 105 games was not the same as Davis' 25 games.

Repeat offender vs 1st time offender ( we don't know if he thought he still had an exemption ) he was tested and passed more tests in the last 2 years than any other player in baseball

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were trying to compare apples to pineapples..... Close but not close enough, you were shown the differences and then went onto a different tangent in order to keep arguing your comparison. Miggy's 105 games was not the same as Davis' 25 games.

Repeat offender vs 1st time offender ( we don't know if he thought he still had an exemption ) he was tested and passed more tests in the last 2 years than any other player in baseball

Don't try to tell me what I was talking about. I can give less than a flying fuck what Tejada did in his past and was busted for prior to getting busted for Adderall use, last season. This is exactly what I said before some idiot took it out of context in a weak attempt to save face for not knowing Miggy was busted for Adderall use, last season:

"I wonder who the next popular Baltimore sports athlete to fall from grace will be, this year? First, Ray Rice ... now -- although, not as severe a punishment -- Davis.

I'm sure a lot of those "Crush" T-shirts, bobbleheads and action figures will be piling up in dumpsters.

He can recover from this, but it will be hard. The main insult is that he would still be doing it if he wasn't caught -- which makes him untrustworthy and a liar in the realm of Miguel Tejada. "

No where in my comment did I mention steroids. I said he was in the realm of Tejada for being untrustworthy and a liar. You don't know what the hell you think you're talking about in reference to what I said and are the one running off at the mouth in a 'different tangent'. I wasn't comparing Adderall to steroids or the duration of punishment Miggy got vs Davis ... you were.

As for Davis, his career didn't start '2 years ago'. You have no idea if he ever used PEDs in the past or not -- or how long, if he did use. Like I said, the key is getting caught in order to know. The list of players that didn't get caught would blow your freaking mind.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note:
As crazy as this might sound, we might have a case of "addition by subtraction" simply because Davis has underperformed this year even by his standards. Consider the following:

Davis' 2014 stats so far: 0.196 / 0.300 / 0.304 / 0.704
Johnson and Paredes with the O's so far: 0.308 / 0.386 / 0.538 / 0.925 (39 AB, so take this with a grain of salt)

To put it another way: If replacing Davis' spot in the lineup is actually an offensive upgrade, we might only have to worry about a potential downgrade in defense. But that can be somewhat addressed by starting Paredes and putting in Johnson as a defensive sub later.

Last edited by a moderator:

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't try to tell me what I was talking about. I can give less than a flying fuck what Tejada did in his past and was busted for prior to getting busted for Adderall use, last season. This is exactly what I said before some idiot took it out of context in a weak attempt to save face for not knowing Miggy was busted for Adderall use, last season:

"I wonder who the next popular Baltimore sports athlete to fall from grace will be, this year? First, Ray Rice ... now -- although, not as severe a punishment -- Davis.

I'm sure a lot of those "Crush" T-shirts, bobbleheads and action figures will be piling up in dumpsters.

He can recover from this, but it will be hard. The main insult is that he would still be doing it if he wasn't caught -- which makes him untrustworthy and a liar in the realm of Miguel Tejada. "

No where in my comment did I mention steroids. I said he was in the realm of Tejada for being untrustworthy and a liar. You don't know what the hell you think you're talking about in reference to what I said and are the one running off at the mouth in a 'different tangent'. I wasn't comparing Adderall to steroids or the duration of punishment Miggy got vs Davis ... you were.

As for Davis, his career didn't start '2 years ago'. You have no idea if he ever used PEDs in the past or not -- or how long, if he did use. Like I said, the key is getting caught in order to know. The list of players that didn't get caught would blow your freaking mind.

You were the first to bring up Miggy.
You are the one that compared Miggy to Davis " Quote:
Originally Posted by all4ripken
Completely disagree. Tejada took roids, Davis took Adderall, not even in the same ballpark as steroids...

Get ready to agree ...

K.C. Royals' Miguel Tejada Suspended 105 Games For Drug Use : The Two-Way : NPR
"

Followed with....... You don't know if Davis really has 'ADHD' or just said he did to get a prescription. Many players have the same doctor's-note permission to use Adderall. It's a drug that improves clarity, plain and simple. No one compared it to 'roids', except a poster that knew nothing of Tejada getting suspended for the exact same thing as Davis.

You decided to take an aggressive tone when your opinion was challenged and shown that the two can not be compared.

But based on your vehement support of a Ray Lewis paying his friends for murder he is better than Ray Rice because he didn't do it himself....... Maybe Rice will learn from Lewis and next time pay someone else to beat his wife for him.

Those two can be compared too right? They have just as much in common as Miggy and Davis.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb job by Joseph throwing down with two speedsters on.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the first to bring up Miggy.
You are the one that compared Miggy to Davis " Quote:
Originally Posted by all4ripken
Completely disagree. Tejada took roids, Davis took Adderall, not even in the same ballpark as steroids...

Get ready to agree ...

K.C. Royals' Miguel Tejada Suspended 105 Games For Drug Use : The Two-Way : NPR
"

Followed with....... You don't know if Davis really has 'ADHD' or just said he did to get a prescription. Many players have the same doctor's-note permission to use Adderall. It's a drug that improves clarity, plain and simple. No one compared it to 'roids', except a poster that knew nothing of Tejada getting suspended for the exact same thing as Davis.

You decided to take an aggressive tone when your opinion was challenged and shown that the two can not be compared.

But based on your vehement support of a Ray Lewis paying his friends for murder he is better than Ray Rice because he didn't do it himself....... Maybe Rice will learn from Lewis and next time pay someone else to beat his wife for him.

Those two can be compared too right? They have just as much in common as Miggy and Davis.

You're a fucking idiot. How anyone can take something so simple so far out of context is ridiculous. Bringing up shit that has zero to do with what I said isn't helping you.