• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip must be working the phones hard

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the idea of a Kendricks/Jordan straight up trade.

- Kendricks is the more proven player, but his pricetag is about to go way up.
- Eagles could use another OLB, and arguably have one too many inside.
- Jordan is a better fit as an OLB and the Eagles staff is very knowledgeable on him.
- The Dolphins are in need of an inside linebacker.

:L:L:L

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing that sinister I doubt. Just being shopped as part of potential deals. Dion Jordan in Miami is also staying home. Kendricks for Jordan could be considered a fair deal?

HUH?

Fair to who? That's a raping by the Dolphins. Jordan isn't in the same league as far as play on the field as Kendricks.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Jordan is a better fit as an OLB and the Eagles staff is very knowledgeable on him.

HO LEE FUK

And I'm not talking about the pilot

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing that sinister I doubt. Just being shopped as part of potential deals. Dion Jordan in Miami is also staying home. Kendricks for Jordan could be considered a fair deal?

Given that they have 4 ILBs on the roster, two of whom can't even practice yet, the notion that they'd trade kendricks is beyond stupid.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it sure seems like they told him to sty home and stay healthy, pending a trade by next week. Maybe not. I like him a lot, but Chip may need to use him as a pawn.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you insane? Do you realize that Dion Jordan has nearly as many drug suspensions (2) as sacks (3) in his first two seasons? The guy is flirting with bust status, is eligible for automatic one year suspensions soon, and you want to trade a potential Pro Bowl linebacker for him straight up? No wonder some of you blindly follow Chip and his crazy trades...

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this stage, Jordan for Kendricks would be one-sided for the Dolphins. Kendricks is already very good in our scheme, I think he would be a star in theirs.

But, Jordan has been miscast in their scheme. He is not a 3-point stance D-Lineman like they drafted him to be - he became a Top 5 pick because he is a space player, that's what he did in college. He was built to play OLB in a 3-4 where his natural athleticism would be maximized. I think if he did become an Eagle next week he'll be a much more impactful player in Billy's defense. It makes sense only because it sounds like a trade Chip would do if you think about it.

Think about this scenario: If Gregory falls to 20, you draft Gregory, add Jordan, and pair them with Barwin coming off the edge - now you're starting to get those edge rushers that would make this defense what we hope it to be potentially. And if you can get ANYTHING out of Smith, that's icing on the cake.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you insane? Do you realize that Dion Jordan has nearly as many drug suspensions (2) as sacks (3) in his first two seasons? The guy is flirting with bust status, is eligible for automatic one year suspensions soon, and you want to trade a potential Pro Bowl linebacker for him straight up? No wonder some of you blindly follow Chip and his crazy trades...

I agree with your points Iggloo, acquiring Jordan at this point would be a risk but it appears more and more that Kendricks is not going to be here long term. As much as we all like Kendricks and think he should be here to make a nice tandem with Alonso, I don't think he's one of Chip's guys. A Kendricks/Jordan swap sounds like something Chip would do if it was on the table, and wouldn't surprise me if it did happen.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK trading for Jordan, actually, but at this point he is a guy you trade a 4th rounder for, not one for whom you deal an established rising star.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Jordan hasn't had any ACL problems. Who wants a guy like that?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with everyone here. I would be leery of taking on the unproven player in the drug program.

However, a players trade value is largely related to what they are earning financially relative to the FA market. And as Kendricks is one year away from FA, he is not really worth too much.

Jordan however is currently making most of his money via an already paid $13M signing bonus and is under contract for 2 more years with a club option for a third at $2-3M per year.

So financially, this deal would be hugely tilted in favor of the Eagles. If you think Jordan can play, its a great deal.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmfao

Chipenza is very contagious.